What's new

Cameron's inflammatory comments against Pakistan: I meant Pakistanis are terrorists..

in other news....

WASHINGTON: US Vice-President Joe Biden said in an interview aired on Thursday that Pakistan’s intelligence agency was “changing” its behaviour towards Afghanistan.

Mr Biden downplayed leaked documents which suggested that between 2004 and 2009, elements of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), armed, trained and financed the Taliban despite Islamabad’s anti-terror alliance with Washington.

“I’m getting very close to what I shouldn’t be talking about in terms of classification,” said Mr Biden on NBC’s “Today” show.

“But what was talked about in those leaks were the intelligence community within the ISI. That is the sort of the CIA of Pakistan.

One more endorsement in my book : Now the US does not say that WikiLeaks is unsubstantial but says that Pakistan is now changing. Note the present continuous tense.
:cheers:

Zardari defers UK visit after Cameron’s hostile remarks :angel:

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has postponed his visit to the UK after British Prime Minister David Cameron made hostile remarks against Pakistan in India, and now will be going on a three-day visit to France, starting from August 1.

Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit during his weekly press briefing denied that the president’s visit to UK has been cancelled, after the recent remarks of the British premier.

Basit said a programme for the president’s visit to the UK is being finalised and the dates would be announced at an appropriate time, adding that the visit has not been cancelled. President Zardari will be in France from Sunday to Wednesday for talks with French leaders on regional and global issues; trade and investment, and science and technology. Basit said trade between France and Pakistan reached $1.1 billion in 2009 and that approximately 70,000 Pakistanis live in France.

:yahoo::chilli:

Link

oh my God!!!! is he waking up and learning to have some honour?

it should be cancelled completely

One more endorsement in my book : Now the US does not say that WikiLeaks is unsubstantial but says that Pakistan is now changing. Note the present continuous tense.

nope sorry wrong..

perhaps you should find a televised version of the NBC todays show that he was hosted on

hopefully through time and with guidance, hindustanys will have learned to mend their ways and stop immersing themselves in paranoia and obcession with ISI and Pakistan. Note the future perfect tense.

nope sorry wrong..

perhaps you should find a televised version of the NBC todays show that he was hosted on

hopefully through time and with guidance, hindustanys will have learned to be mending their ways and stop immersing themselves in paranoia and obcession with ISI and Pakistan. Note the future perfect tense. :cheers:

Future perfect tense from a think tank on PDF is way too important than a statement from US of A ?

Get over it ... :cheers:

I have an early meeting tomorrow and it is time i hit the bed. GN

See now you tell me. :rofl:

Anyways, If a member is using a wrong flag for unknown reasons: I think this forum has discouraged surrogation posting in the past. And my question or suggestion was to get a sense of the rational of the poster. Does that make you happy Mod's friend.

Pakistan is losing its identity. At times I think it should call itself China's friend as not many friends are left in any case.

How do u know?I bet hes not an indian hiding behind a french flag OIoiouoi?Or an indian with a UN and British flag Storm?An indian with a darn swiss flag parashuram? etc etc.... looks like hindoostanys are there nationality,culture and origion>?U should call urself, israelis babys,russians niece and USAs Mistress in future?

Going to Saudi Arabia to praise the king as G-d's gift to man and sign another £1 billion contract?

good to have solomon2 on one same club indeed, welcome bro!!

atleast we agree on one thing and we have expressed our annoyance, our future together is bright...n to ramu urf bharatiya

Pakistan does not deserve David Cameron's insults – Telegraph Blogs

What is this? Open season on Pakistan? Ok, so the Pakistanis can be immensely frustrating to deal with, and have not always, as the recent Wikileaks documents have shown, been the most reliable of allies. But that was then, when the country languished under the dictatorship of General Pervez Musharraf, who was reluctant to act against the Taliban.

But following the country’s return to democracy, Pakistan has become a valued and effective ally in the war on terror, and has suffered immeasurably more casualties than Nato as its military has gone head-to-head with the Taliban in the lawless tribal territory to the north of the country. For this reason David Cameron should be praising Pakistan’s contribution, rather than castigating Islamabad as he has done during his visit to neighbouring India.

Mr Cameron might revel in his “Cameron direct” approach, but he risks alienating a great many of this country’s important allies unless he learns to balance his plain speaking with some good old-fashioned common sense. It is a long time since a serving British prime minister has managed to cause two major diplomatic incidents during an overseas jaunt, but Mr Cameron has managed precisely that during this week’s visit to Turkey and India.

His comment about the Gaza “prison” provoked an outraged response from the Israeli Embassy in London, while his patronising treatment of Pakistan has now elicited a similar response from the Pakistani High Commission.

No doubt Mr Cameron and his advisors think that this policy will pay dividends because, at the very least, it is generating lots of headlines and helping to raise Mr Cameron’s international profile. But at what price? This country’s overwhelming national security issue to resolve the Afghan conflict, and I fail to see how our prospects in the war will be improved by causing serious offence to one of our major allies in the war.

Without a doubt, Cameron has caused harm to his own country's national security. It was a poor idea to insult the same Pakistanis upon whom his country's soldiers fighting in Afghanistan heavily rely upon.

It's a decent thing that Zardari has deferred his trip to the UK. Cameron should be called to Pakistan instead and placed in front of the Pakistani media to face a journalistic firing squad.

I hope the Foreign Office briefs Zardari with some serious stuff to make sure that Cameron understands that his statements are moronic and the fact that they are conducting an exercise with India secretively are destroying whatever confidence and trust the two states have between them.

It's a decent thing that Zardari has deferred his trip to the UK. Cameron should be called to Pakistan instead and placed in front of the Pakistani media to face a journalistic firing squad.

I didn't read about it. Going to France though.

Going to Saudi Arabia to praise the king as G-d's gift to man and sign another £1 billion contract?

He will praise lawerence of arabia and foundation of wahabbism verion 2.0. Then he will take a tour of Idi Amin grave and called him a great african rights campaigner. :D (those who dont understand the pun should read about idi amin feats as a dictator). After that he can visit South Africa to meet Nelson Mandela and call all white people "facist pigs".

The French had more balls, they invited Saudi king to celebrate "fall of french monarchy". The king refused the trip, cancelled another planned visit to france and offical press agency issue a statement against "distasteful french conduct".

Zardari defers UK visit after Cameron’s hostile remarks

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has postponed his visit to the UK after British Prime Minister David Cameron made hostile remarks against Pakistan in India, and now will be going on a three-day visit to France, starting from August 1.

Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit during his weekly press briefing denied that the president’s visit to UK has been cancelled, after the recent remarks of the British premier.

Basit said a programme for the president’s visit to the UK is being finalised and the dates would be announced at an appropriate time, adding that the visit has not been cancelled. President Zardari will be in France from Sunday to Wednesday for talks with French leaders on regional and global issues; trade and investment, and science and technology. Basit said trade between France and Pakistan reached $1.1 billion in 2009 and that approximately 70,000 Pakistanis live in France.

Back
Top Bottom