What's new

Bush planned Pak attack

I am confused. If Musharraf "misled" Bush, why did Bush receive him so warmly in Texas just last month?

Well he has to sell the book to get its royalties, so he would be coming up with mirch masala kind of stuff, to make it more appealing.

Pakistan is not iraq .with a size of 796000km^2 and population of 17crore there are no way to compare iraq war with atatck on pakistan they may have to lose more troops then vietnam .
In the same context, you can say that America is not India. These kinds of logics do not work in modern warfare.

Majority of people in Pakistan are illiterate and poor. You can't expect much fight from them. Also, Pakistan is in economical turmoil in these days. You need strong economy to fight wars in modern times. High tech weapons and logistics are not cheap.

Also, size of territory does not matters. It took just 21 days for America to over-run Iraq. It was an absolute blitzkrieg.

By comparison, Iran and Iraq could not over-run each other in 8 years of war.

Also, in current times, capturing territory is not as important as taking care of targets of high value, and strategic, and economical importance.

Good thing is that America has no plans to invade Pakistan. This is a wishful thinking on part of some hot headed warmongers who know little about ground realities.

Already the wars have taken heavy toll on Pakistan. We do not wish for another devastating conflict. Our main objective is to become a powerful and properous nation.

Last edited:
Should have sent his Special Forces, we would have given them a Special welcome and Special treatment too.

I cant describe the sense of total overjoy as a Pakistani living abroad for all these years when I read comments like these from soldiers like Taimi and Irfan Baloch and all the rest who would not hesitate for a microsecond to lay their own lives even to defend Pakistan no matter how big or powerful the opponent or threat is...

My eyes are already seeing Pakistan to be the most brightly shining region of the world in this century inshaAllah...

Allah o Akbar!!!!

i remember once musharaf had said that one of top american officials had warned him(musharaf) that if they dont cooperate in WoT, america will bomb Paksitan to stone age. perhaps musharaf had no any other choice to listen to bush.

You mean Bush Jr. who does not know how to hold a phone receiver from the right side ??? well we can understand his intelligence.

Nevermind he had different bouts of insanity and we can see the result in Iraq and Afghanistan/Pakistan region

i remember once musharaf had said that one of top american officials had warned him(musharaf) that if they dont cooperate in WoT, america will bomb Paksitan to stone age. perhaps musharaf had no any other choice to listen to bush.
Brother, it is important to think rationally sometimes and not just with "my guns is bigger than yours" like mental approach.

Americans were expectedly angry after 9/11. Somebody had to pay the price. Thanks to our intelligent military leaders, all of the fire-power which could level an entire nation was directed towards the other side of the durand line.

Not that I praise American invasion of Afghanistan. I by all means, do not support this war as it is not just contributing to the sufferring of Afghans but also Pakistan as well.

Moral of the story is that sometimes, you need to use brain. And wars are often won by brain.

You mean Bush Jr. who does not know how to hold a phone receiver from the right side ??? well we can understand his intelligence.
:lol:

The warning was given by Richard, if I am not wrong.

In the same context, you can say that America is not India. These kinds of logics do not work in modern warfare.

Majority of people in Pakistan are illiterate and poor. You can't expect much fight from them. Also, Pakistan is in economical turmoil in these days. You need strong economy to fight wars in modern times. High tech weapons and logistics are not cheap.

Also, size of territory does not matters. It took just 21 days for America to over-run Iraq. It was an absolute blitzkrieg.

By comparison, Iran and Iraq could not over-run each other in 8 years of war.

Also, in current times, capturing territory is not as important as taking care of targets of high value, and strategic, and economical importance.

Good thing is that America has no plans to invade Pakistan. This is a wishful thinking on part of some hot headed warmongers who know little about ground realities.

Already the wars have taken heavy toll on Pakistan. We do not wish for another devastating conflict. Our main objective is to become a powerful and properous nation.

This is true... but we need to be prepared for all eventualities... and just the fact that a former president of US has mentioned that there were such plans from a supposed ally of Pakistan to attack areas inside our country means that we should develop possible strategies to be prepared and counteract such a scenario...

Musharaf is obviously not the person who would give the Americans sound advice regarding such issues... Pakistan should be very straight forward in such matters and let the Americans know in no uncertain terms that this kind of endeavor will result in a widespread conflict as India will be held equally responsible for an American attack on Pakistan... Pakistan could declare war on India in such a scenario and would not stop until our military reaches New Delhi... The Durand line would be abolished and American troops stationed in Afghanistan could be held prisoners to be used as bargain chips with America also...

America cannot possibly imagine launching a full fledged attack on Pakistan... Its Army is over stretched... they know we have nukes and a very strong determination to use them in war... Despite our fierce criticism of American policies against Muslims across the world, we have always acted as true friends towards America and always looked for ways to come to common grounds... but there is a limit to everything... and to be honest, I think only a miracle is acting in favor of America today to have Pakistan on its side these days... You all know my personal opinion about the current affairs... We should be declaring Caliphate asap otherwise we will stay stuck... Even Obama is all smiles on the outside, but inside he certainly has no respect for Pakistan and they wont hesitate to backstab Pakistan, if he ever had the opportunity...

Friends do not talk about stabbing each other in the back... This is something I keep seeing coming from American media outlets that they try to divert blame for their own incompetence upon others specially Pakistan... Our friendship with America has brought us enough disasters... Indians have fared much better siding with the Soviets in the cold war... The Americans may have forgotten when they gave us soy beans in return for money we paid for F16s in a fair deal, but we have not forgotten all that...

As for Bush... I think Americans would do themselves a huge favor to simply tell him to shut up and stay shut...

Brother, it is important to think rationally sometimes and not just with "my guns is bigger than yours" like mental approach.

Americans were expectedly angry after 9/11. Somebody had to pay the price. Thanks to our intelligent military leaders, all of the fire-power which could level an entire nation was directed towards the other side of the durand line.

Not that I praise American invasion of Afghanistan. I by all means, do not support this war as it is not just contributing to the sufferring of Afghans but also Pakistan as well.

Moral of the story is that sometimes, you need to use brain. And wars are often won by brain.

Yaar Legend Bhai... Even at the time we could have simply told the Americans that we have absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 but as a friend of America will do our best to help them... A man with balls dont just bend over when threatened with bombing... Musharaf should have asked the Americans why is he being threatened when he is more than willing to help America defeat Al Qaeda... Furthermore Pakistan should have made use of the opportunity and warned America that an attack on Astan would prove to be counterproductive... We simply did not make use of the opportunity at all... and look what happened... Americans never managed to get Bin Laden... They got the whole area in mess... They killed so many innocent people... For God sake we Pakistanis should stop talking about mere national interest and leave everyone else to the dogs... Afghan interest is the same as Pakistan's interest... Does it serve us any good today that a corrupt and backstabbing man like Karzai is the president of Afghanistan now?

Abrahams... as I said... War in Astan proved totally counterproductive for us... and the Americans may think that they are achieving a lot, but in reality they are just delusional...

This is true... but we need to be prepared for all eventualities... and just the fact that a former president of US has mentioned that there were such plans from a supposed ally of Pakistan to attack areas inside our country means that we should develop possible strategies to be prepared and counteract such a scenario...

Musharaf is obviously not the person who would give the Americans sound advice regarding such issues... Pakistan should be very straight forward in such matters and let the Americans know in no uncertain terms that this kind of endeavor will result in a widespread conflict as India will be held equally responsible for an American attack on Pakistan... Pakistan could declare war on India in such a scenario and would not stop until our military reaches New Delhi... The Durand line would be abolished and American troops stationed in Afghanistan could be held prisoners to be used as bargain chips with America also...

America cannot possibly imagine launching a full fledged attack on Pakistan... Its Army is over stretched... they know we have nukes and a very strong determination to use them in war... Despite our fierce criticism of American policies against Muslims across the world, we have always acted as true friends towards America and always looked for ways to come to common grounds... but there is a limit to everything... and to be honest, I think only a miracle is acting in favor of America today to have Pakistan on its side these days... You all know my personal opinion about the current affairs... We should be declaring Caliphate asap otherwise we will stay stuck... Even Obama is all smiles on the outside, but inside he certainly has no respect for Pakistan and they wont hesitate to backstab Pakistan, if he ever had the opportunity...

Friends do not talk about stabbing each other in the back... This is something I keep seeing coming from American media outlets that they try to divert blame for their own incompetence upon others specially Pakistan... Our friendship with America has brought us enough disasters... Indians have fared much better siding with the Soviets in the cold war... The Americans may have forgotten when they gave us soy beans in return for money we paid for F16s in a fair deal, but we have not forgotten all that...

As for Bush... I think Americans would do themselves a huge favor to simply tell him to shut up and stay shut...

You must be joking right? how India is responsible? Pakistan fighting a two front war with India in the east & USA on the Afgan side? come on..

Back
Top Bottom