What's new

Burraq UCAV will fly by Next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one looks much smaller then both the predator and reaper and still can carry missiles.
Yes it is smaller than Predator and consequently with lesser range, 2400km versus 3,704km of Predator and 5,026km of Reaper. The CH-3 would also likely to carry less payload (only two hard-points versus seven on Reaper) and on-board sensors due to its smaller size.

really nice didn't expect it to be so small good to see pakistan trying to achieve self suffiency btw what is the meaning of burraq ?

really nice didn't expect it to be so small good to see pakistan trying to achieve self suffiency btw what is the meaning of burraq ?

Burraq is the horse which decended from the Heaven and Took Prophet Muhammad SAW to Masjid ul Aqsa.

can any body help me in this.
Pakistan don't have satellites like USA for guidance and data transmission/receiving.mean does not this thing put limit on the range of the drone?

at first same control sys like falco is going to be used but i herd its just for test flights but in next year or so we ll have a com sat PAKSAT1 so once this baby come in production itll have longer range ,.already the control sys for burraq though based on falco is amplified to 350 km but it wont work on falco because it is samll and cant carry the heavier reciving antinna sys without leaving the optical sensors home....

its another Pak China join Venture....:pakistan::bounce::china:
Unarmed CH-3 Medium-Range, Long-Endurance UAV spotted.
There is no sign of AR-1 ATGM that is normally associated CH-3 project in service yet.

The spec of CH-3 speculated by Janes as follow:

Ceiling: 5000m
Max Range 2400 km
Endurance 12hrs
Max T-O weight 640 kg (1,410 lb)

China Defense Blog: Unarmed CH-3 Medium-Range, Long-Endurance UAV spotted.

Burraq and Ch-3 are the same, based on Rutan Vari_eze aircraft kit. They bought the kit and took the pilot out of it and put an autopilot inside. Remodelled the fuselage section where a pilot use to sit. Rest being already a pusher configuration everything fits in nicely. Overall nice effort.
(Rutan VariEze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

problem remains the same, until u dont try to make it from scratch you dont really "learn" the tricks in these technologies. Taking such shortcuts saves times but is not the right solution. Lets say if you want to alter the performance of this aircraft. If u haven't designed it u wont know how to do it effectively. Which aircraft parameter was chosen keeping what aims in sight. You will guess but guesses dont work in aircraft business...

in short: better to take more time ,,, but try to develop the "depth of knowledge" required in such fields....

Dark_Star

Last edited:
Question: will Burraq be using Blue Chip Technology????

What is Blue Chip Technology ? Plz Define ?

Spy use these chips.... Whenever a target is found they leave this chip at the target area and rest is done by drone..
American use these chips with Predators.

Spy use these chips.... Whenever a target is found they leave this chip at the target area and rest is done by drone..
American use these chips with Predators.

No, i haven't heard of any such things,,, well u can pass on the coordinates of the target and drone can be sent to that target to drop the bomb .... normally drone is working in combination with ground forces ... information is relayed back to control centers and than it fires. and the aircraft doesn't do anything on its own until it is told to do so. flight plan to targets everything is transmitted before and during the flight.

I may be using wrong name of that technology but here is the Article

Spy Chips Guiding CIA Drone Strikes, Locals Say

It sounds like a tinfoil hat nightmare, come to life: tiny electronic homing beacons, guiding CIA killer drones to their targets. But local residents and Taliban militants in Pakistan’s tribal wildlands say that’s exactly what’s happening. Tribesman in Waziristan are being paid to “plant the electronic devices” near militant safehouses, they tell the Guardian. “Hours or days later, a drone, guided by the signal from the chip, destroys the building with a salvo of missiles.”

Ever since 9/11, locals in Central Asia and the Middle East have spread tall tales about American super-technology: soldiers with x-ray glasses, satellites that can see into homes, tanks with magnetic, grenade-repelling armor. But small radio frequency or GPS emitters have been commercially available for years. A veteran spy tells Danger Room that the use of these Taliban-tracking devices entirely plausible.

“Transmitters make a lot of sense to me. It is simply not possible to train a Pashtun from Waziristan to go to a targeted site, case it, and come back to Peshawar or Islamabad with anything like an accurate report. The best you can hope for is they’re putting the transmitter on the right house,” says former CIA case officer Robert Baer.

Herndon, Virginia-based defense contractor EWA Government Systems, Inc. is one of several firms that boasts of making tiny devices to help manhunters locate their prey. The company’s “Bigfoot Remote Tagging System” is a “very small, battery-operated device used to emit an RF [radio frequency] transmission [so] that the target can be located and/or tracked.”

The tag has sophisticated power management features to allow use over a long period of time (months)… Each tag can be installed on a witting or unwitting person, material, vehicle, ship, etc. Power is supplied by installed battery or host power source. The tag can be augmented with GPS to allow data logging for later exfiltration or geo-fencing functions (on/off when inside defined geographic boundaries). Bigfoot provides the warfighter with real-time tracking intelligence on potential adversaries conducting threat activities.

Word of these tiny transmitters has been circulating in militant circles for months. In early April, the Pakistani Taliban leader Mullah Nazir said he had caught “spies” who were inserting into militants’ phones “location-tracking SIMs” — Subscriber Identity Module cards, used to identify mobile devices on a cellular network.

Ten days later, 19 year-old Habibur Rehman made a videotaped “confession” of planting such devices, just before he was executed by the Taliban as an American spy. “I was given $122 to drop chips wrapped in cigarette paper at Al Qaeda and Taliban houses,” he said. If I was successful, I was told, I would be given thousands of dollars.”

But Rehman says he didn’t just tag jihadists with the devices. “The money was good so I started throwing the chips all over. I knew people were dying because of what I was doing, but I needed the money,” he added. Which raises the possibility that the unmanned aircraft — America’s key weapons in its covert war on Pakistan’s jihadists and insurgents — may have been lead to the wrong targets.

One much-disputed Pakistani media report claimed that the drones have killed hundreds of civilians, just to take out a few militants. That’s unlikely. But what’s indisputable is that the robotic planes (and the innocent deaths they’re alleged to cause) have become increasingly controversial, both in Pakistan and in America.

“Anti-U.S. sentiment has already been increasing in Pakistan… especially in regard to cross-border and reported drone strikes, which Pakistanis perceive to cause unacceptable civilian casualties,” Gen. David Petraeus, head of U.S. Central Command, wrote in a secret assessment, obtained by the Washington Post. “Thirty-five percent say they do not support U.S. strikes into Pakistan, even if they are coordinated with the GOP [government of Pakistan] and the Pakistan Military ahead of time.”

But Pakistani and American intelligence officials swear the drones are getting more accurate. “There are better targets and better intelligence on the ground,” on Pakistani official tells the Post. “It’s less of a crapshoot.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom