What's new

Burqa - A Security Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Quran not 2000 years old... how come that a book writen for human life at that time be applicable to a human life of morden days. Science has changed the way we live in. does there not a obligation for man to change the way he acts and evolve to the next level with reasoning or should we fight on what each religious book says

i am not discuss it with a hindu. it you want your religion to be changed change it.

i am not discuss it with a hindu. it you want your religion to be changed change it.
wel wel, now you bring in Religion as a problem. I see now when you do not have a point to argue or defend, you bring God like Zarvan or you say the opponent is a Hindu and you will not reason with me as it will enlighten you and you are afraid of becoming enlightend (You belive in "Ignorance is bliss")

Is the Quran not 2000 years old... how come that a book writen for human life at that time be applicable to a human life of morden days. Science has changed the way we live in. does there not a obligation for man to change the way he acts and evolve to the next level with reasoning or should we fight on what each religious book says

See, Ashok - perspective -- Quran and Religion are meaningless without "interpretation" - and the rejection of pluralism in Islam has led to the dogmatic approach our "Borg" mouth -- So it's not meaningful whether it's 2000 or 10000 or 1 year old, unless of course it is claimed that it's age is meaningful - then again the argument is open to challenge, who in their right mind will chose time over substance?

it's a security challenge in Pakistan; i would have absolutely no reservations at all having a burqa/niqab ban in Pakistan as long as this current security challenge exists

i dont care what 'human rights activists' say

in the days of our parents, nobody wore those damn outfits anyways; it's been imported completely from outside....

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

i believe there have been 5-7 suicide attacks in Pakistan, involving both male/female suicide bombers garbed in burqa ninja outfits.

and due to cultural expectations, burqa-clad people cannot be physically searched.......this basic security flaw can no longer be exploited. It's a nightmare scenario.

We live in a state where a sitting MNA lady slaps a guy MNA on the face for just making a speech in a running session of the National Assembly Of Pakistan, and then afterwards the MNA ladies protest that the women are being manhandled and are being confronted. Double standards Abu Zulfiqar, double standards my friend. There are alot of hawks out there waiting to grab opportunities like these by hand and spread the false interpretation of the religion.

See, Ashok - perspective -- Quran and Religion are meaningless without "interpretation" - and the rejection of pluralism in Islam has led to the dogmatic approach our "Borg" mouth -- So it's not meaningful whether it's 2000 or 10000 or 1 year old, unless of course it is claimed that it's age is meaningful - then again the argument is open to challenge, who in their right mind will chose time over substance?

It is your faith and regardless of how outsiders perceive this as rational or irrational,your should follow your faith.But muslims should make islamic republics for themselves,wherever they can,run the sharia law and live in peace according to their own laws.Why go to other countries and give a chance to these imbeciles to judge your faith?

It is your faith and regardless of how outsiders perceive this as rational or irrational,your should follow your faith.But muslims should make islamic republics for themselves,wherever they can,run the sharia law and live in peace according to their own laws.Why go to other countries and give a chance to these imbeciles to judge your faith?

Excellent - and exactly to the point -- but lets not take the thread in a different direction

We live in a state where a sitting MNA lady slaps a guy MNA on the face for just making a speech in a running session of the National Assembly Of Pakistan, and then afterwards the MNA ladies protest that the women are being manhandled and are being confronted. Double standards Abu Zulfiqar, double standards my friend. There are alot of hawks out there waiting to grab opportunities like these by hand and spread the false interpretation of the religion.

yaar....forget religion, forget politics....this is common sense.

burqa is loose clothing, even the face is totally covered....anyone can hide a 155 mm shell with ball-bearings and other objects to inflict more pain and suffering

as it is, our police are not up to task; not just yet.

how many more people have to die before we take all preventative measures....moreover, when will the government and concerned authorities chop and sever the hands of the people providing these explosives and munitions --and those who are brain-washing even women to do suicide attacks....?

i mean, it isnt like terrorism is now a new phenomenon.

and what about the scenario where terrorist strikes (hit & run attack) and then has a burqa waiting to be worn so he/she can sneak away......that nut-job "Maulana" Abdul Aziz tried it after lal masjid drama

yaar....forget religion, forget politics....this is common sense.

burqa is loose clothing, even the face is totally covered....anyone can hide a 155 mm shell with ball-bearings and other objects to inflict more pain and suffering

as it is, our police are not up to task; not just yet.

how many more people have to die before we take all preventative measures....moreover, when will the government and concerned authorities chop and sever the hands of the people providing these explosives and munitions --and those who are brain-washing even women to do suicide attacks....?

i mean, it isnt like terrorism is now a new phenomenon.

and what about the scenario where terrorist strikes (hit & run attack) and then has a burqa waiting to be worn so he/she can sneak away......that nut-job "Maulana" Abdul Aziz tried it after lal masjid drama

Yes, there are some nutjobs. But you cannot corectly identify alot of people. You will get normal people 90% of the time. And my fear is that this might cause another cause for a bit of unrest and disruption, some people will take advantage of this issue, saying that it is against Islam and Blah Blah Blah. A mass media campaign should be brought up for this issue. I have seen ladies wearing gloves, eye covers, and black socks on them!!. The only requirement for islam as far as i know is that the basic figure of the body should not be showing, and neither th hair, and IMo, Shalwar Kamees and Dupatta fulfill that condition.

Does anyone remember the Moscow Theater siege?,,,the women there has huge cylinders with them!!

wait - wasnt it an order of Allah that you may not draw/take pictures for whatever reasons. How come you have your pic posted on your profile page? You are posing for it - knowing that you want to look your best.

profilepic38934_2.gif

What if I say that your beard is hot and your eyes with that attitude - in short a turn on? So will it not make you an "object of desire", and makes it obligatory for you to cover up.

Zarvan - arent you a hypocrite?

Mister, that was a special order from Allah for Zarvan. Its all in Surah Ahzab and all the Hadiths that have ever been written.

Now, if this is his real image, it will have by now been entered into multiple databases and with face recognition software compared with known and associates -- Just think of those poor parents - they thought they were raising children with a sense of Justice and morality and instead it turns out they have raised liars and hypocrites, who think nothing of making Islam a tool of their political orientation

Mister, that was a special order from Allah for Zarvan. Its all in Surah Ahzab and all the Hadiths that have ever been written.
Can you please expand on this part a bit. Thank You.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Can you please expand on this part a bit. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom