What's new

Burma and North East India theater

East Pakistan growing slow, was only due to it not having a bigger industrial base and skilled workers. Most of East Pakistan was in poverty and also overpopulated, so companies usually only invested in West Pakistan.

Much of the GDP came from East Pakistan you troll!

Funny thing is, BAF doesn't even have a plane in it's inventory that can match F-16... Sad. :tdown:

Okay, you and me. F-16 blk 52+ vs. MiG-29 SMT ....

See who wins :D

He is taking about G-20 Major economies, only India is the member from Subcontinent.
G-20 major economies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you are taking about G-20 Developing economies which is now G-23, Pakistan is the member of group.
G20 developing nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is a member of both!? Hey man, that's not fair :angry:

Burma attacked Assam and destroy the shan ahom kingdom and its dynasty,which was probably the turning point in the history of NE India .However I feel you went a little offtrack after that regarding Myanmars present day intention and the cause of the invasion of assam. Burma took advantage of the turmoil in the internal politics of then ahom kingdom and it was one of the ruling dynasty memeber who actually persuaded Burma to invade assam. Both north east and Burma itself paid the heaviest price and still sufferring from that war . Ahoms had to accept British help to defeat Burma and whole of Burma eventually came under British rule under the treaty of yandaboo and we NEterner became a part of British India empire..

But I disagree and so would most of the people here (in N.E) that Burma supported the Naga insurgents because the Nagas were fighting for Greater Nagalim which is political and geographical unification of all naga tribes and geographically includes present day Nagaland and territories of Burma also .It is in best interest of Burma to actually help India to fight the Naga insurgents rather then aiding them for fear of losing their (burmese )own territories to Naga cause and this is actually what they did, helping the Indian army to close down the camps of NSCN-K. All the insurgents groups on either side of border including ULFA, NSCN KAchins ,chins were helping out each other by providing training , conduit for arms and sharing of intelligence and it is interest of Burma to help India rather then actually fight against it, which anyway will not be successfull.

Thanks for your post. I am trying to get as much information on this theater as possible. It looks like Burmese junta was too busy fighting fires in the past to help out India with its own insurgents, hiding in Burmese jungles. India is asking for this help, Indian PM also high lighted this issue during his recent Burma visit, but so far my understanding is that Burmese effort has not been sufficient. Possible reasons:

- Burma itself considers it a part of national strategy to keep these insurgencies alive to keep the option open for NE states independence in the future
- Burma is working with China covertly on this strategy

Of course China has its own border with India in Arunachal Pradesh, but I am not sure if the terrain is suitable for cross border traffic and I can imagine that border is much more heavily militarized, so Burmese border is a more natural choice for insurgent movement.

As for the Chinese strategy on this theater, not sure what they are:

- joining up and coordination of maoists and NE insurgents might show a clue
- source of arms and logistics for most of these groups are China which may indicate something as well

What does China want to do in this theater, that is one of my biggest question. Were they active in the past, are they getting more active now, or do they feel that this is risky strategy as India can reciprocate in Tibet?

LOL.

East Pakistan was subsidising West Pakistan massively from 1947-1971.

It was blatant transfer of resources from East to West Pakistan.

Anyway, your "over-population" theory holds little water as BD has been growing quicker on average than West Pakistan since around 1990 anyway.

Those are just theories... We already had Punjab for agricultural means, why would we need BD?

Now being opened to outside would, Burma would be one of the fastest growing countries not only because it has a lot of catching up to do but also because of its strategic location, natural resources and favorable demography. Burma was the richest country in asia when it got its independence. I am sure it can achieve at least some of its past glory back.

Those are just theories... We already had Punjab for agricultural means, why would we need BD?

OK. It is just a theory that BD's economy is growing qicker than yours then.

I can' wait for the "war-on-terror and other excuses to come up.

What is your excuse in the 1990s when there was no "war-on-terror"?

Panel_20120612.jpg

'Delhi not sincere enough to resolve NE issues' : 12th jun12 ~ E-Pao! Headlines

'Delhi not sincere enough to resolve NE issues'
Insightful takes on issues of NE
Source: The Sangai Express

Imphal, June 11 2012: "New Delhi is not sincere enough to resolve insurgency issues of the North East region", was the general observation of a panel discussion programme held at Manipur Press Club here today under the aegis of Arambam Samarendra Trust and AMWJU.

The panel discussion programme held on the topic "Self Determination Struggles of North East India" was participated by Seven Sisters Post Editor Subhir Bhaumik, eminent writer Kaka D Iralu, Sangai Express (English edition) Editor Hijam Rajesh and Manipur Mail Executive Editor Ningthoukhongjam Ibungouchoubi.

The session was moderated by Imphal Free Press Editor Irengbam Arun.

While delivering the introductory speech, Arambam Lokendrajit noted that New Delhi is still opposed to admitting the decades long turmoil in the North East as armed conflict.

People of the region have been enduring all kinds of human rights violation for the past many years.

Though the people have been suffering under the armed conflict situation, the Government of India is yet to admit the reality before the international community, Lokendrajit said.

On account of such mis-projection of the situation by New Delhi, the ongoing non-international armed conflict is still unable to draw attention of the international community.

Nevertheless, by 1995 top Indian scholars and analysts spoke out that the issues of the North East region should be tackled through political actions.

They also started advocating negotiation and dialogue to resolve the outstanding issues, he added.

Recalling that India was formed after uniting 556 princely states, Subhir Bhaumik stated that all these princely states have their own identities and civilizational status.

The Government of India cannot simply bulldoze its way over the self-determination movements being waged against its federal structure and policy.

Though the Government of India has been claiming that all the citizens are equal before the eyes of law, there is wide disparity among the citizens, if observed from psychological perspective.

This is one primary reason for the Government of India's audacity to unleash all kinds of repressive measures through its military without ever thinking about the rights and dignity of the people inhabiting the region.

Even though the self-determination movements of the North East are passing through a crucial phase, the Government of India has not made any committed effort to address them.

The Government of India has held several parleys of peace talks with some rebel groups of Nagaland and Assam but there is no visible positive development because New Delhi is not sincere enough, he asserted.

* This news is as published by respected news daily at Imphal, whose name is duly marked as 'Source'. E-Pao.net is not responsible for it's sanctity & originality.
Comment

OK. It is just a theory that BD's economy is growing qicker than yours then.

I can' wait for the "war-on-terror and other excuses to come up.

What is your excuse in the 1990s when there was no "war-on-terror"?

How do I know why economy wasn't growing fast in 1990's? Bad governance by Nawaz??

Much of the GDP came from East Pakistan you troll!

Okay, you and me. F-16 blk 52+ vs. MiG-29 SMT ....

See who wins :D

India is a member of both!? Hey man, that's not fair :angry:

F-16 blk 52 vs Mig-29SMT, F-16BK52 would win

15ne1.jpg

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sh...error-groups-cocktail-disastrous/20120615.htm

WARNING! Maoist-NE terror groups' cocktail is disastrous
Last updated on: June 15, 2012 13:34 IST

Col Anil Bhat (Retd).
Maoist activities in Assam are likely to receive the support of the so-called anti-talks faction of the ULFA and if not nipped in the bud will spread to other states of the Northeast with support from other insurgent groups and international powers, warns Col Anil Bhat (Retd).

The latter part of May 2012 saw Assam gearing up security following the so-called anti-talks faction of United Liberation Front of Asom's 'welcome programme' for Congress president Sonia Gandhi's visit to the state.

Its call for a bandh and threats of unleashing terrorist violence were to make its presence felt and to show its strength, as the flow of funds to its coffers has been down owing to majority of the people receiving extortion demands from the outfit refusing to pay up.

While timely recovery of explosives may have foiled some earlier attempts to target oil pipelines and other installations, two disturbing trends have emerged. The first is of Maoists spreading to the Northeast. The second pertains to reports of many of the terrorist groups of the region re-uniting.

lol kid...I knew you were going to say this.. In reality $500 million aid isn't enough to fuel a economy.

Just take the chart of American aid flowing and GDP growth rate. You will understand the logic.

Just take the chart of American aid flowing and GDP growth rate. You will understand the logic.

I already told you that aid is not enough to fuel a economy... Aid is only about 0.06% of our economy.. Now shoo boy.

lol kid...I knew you were going to say this.. In reality $500 million aid isn't enough to fuel a economy.

The ony times when Pakistan's GDP grew relatively quickly after the 1971 split was in the 1980s and 2000s.

Both times Pakistan received many billions of US dollars.

Back
Top Bottom