What's new

Burka Avenger | Pakistan's Animated Female Superhero | Updates & Episodes.

If you made sense then maybe one can understand but then again dont bother wasting your precious time! Because clearly you just hate it because that is the "in" thing today (no proper or explainable reason)!

re-read my posts before babbling on about making sense....i said that I believe it's an un-necessary thing and not something indigenous to the region. That was my belief. Whether accepted or not - I dont care.

caught up in your unstable emotions, you missed the part where I said "at the end of the day, the choice belongs to the women"

so dont talk to me about "in thing" or any other such garbage; i dont even know what that means

Yup..but no respect if one who is doing for the love of ALLAH...but respect for those who dont want to offend OTHER HUMAN's faith! Lovely how the world runs!!

you're kind of obtuse...

Burqa used to be very common at least until early '80s. But that was likely before you were born

early 80s? Buddy by the way you are sounding, I was probably at puberty when you were a toddler drinking milk out of your botal

Afghans did not bring Burqa, it was here to begin with. Neither did Arabs force it upon others. It was part of general Muslim culture in Pakistan. I do not know where you are from or where you grew up. But you have some very funny notions.

I grew up in Peshawar for a good % of my life and before the Afghan refugee crisis set in you HARDLY saw burqas. Purdah was always observed, but not by burqas. I think I'd know what the fck im talking about, thanks.

You really should learn to accept things as they are. Making effort to create a false narrative is dishonest at best.

and you really should learn to stop babbling and learn to focus more time on your reading comprehension

thanks

early 80s? Buddy by the way you are sounding, I was probably at puberty when you were a toddler drinking milk out of your botal

I am not providing you a time line of my life. Just stating a personal observation. You have a gift for making a short story long on false premise. How confident are you about your comprehension skills?

I grew up in Peshawar for a good % of my life and before the Afghan refugee crisis set in you HARDLY saw burqas. Purdah was always observed, but not by burqas. I think I'd know what the fck im talking about, thanks.

I suppose your nanny kept you in cantonment area on mummy's orders. That is probably why you missed visiting the places frequented by common civvies. That is the only explanation I can think of as to how you missed the obvious.

and you really should learn to stop babbling and learn to focus more time on your reading comprehension

Will do. Meanwhile you can ponder upon the reasons why you stopped growing intellectually in your teens. Do let me know of the results. I could perhaps offer explanation for skewed views and anger you try so hard to contain.

I am not providing you a time line of my life. Just stating a personal observation. You have a gift for making a short story long on false premise. How confident are you about your comprehension skills?

very confident, actually

I suppose your nanny kept you in cantonment area on mummy's orders. That is probably why you missed visiting the places frequented by common civvies. That is the only explanation I can think of as to how you missed the obvious.

empty personal attach with no meaning....moving along

Will do. Meanwhile you can ponder upon the reasons why you stopped growing intellectually in your teens. Do let me know of the results. I could perhaps offer explanation for skewed views and anger you try so hard to contain.

coming from someone who probably never finished grade school.....alrighty kiddo.

you've certainly proved your worth here

People need to learn the difference posting this pic yet again

burqa.jpg

Pakistani superwoman ;Burka Avenger to fight for girls - The Times of India

130724_wz0r6_burqa_avenger_sn635.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Wonder Woman and Supergirl now have a Pakistani counterpart in the pantheon of female superheroes, one who shows a lot less skin. Meet Burka Avenger: a mild- mannered teacher with secret martial arts skills who uses a flowing black burka to hide her identity as she fights local thugs seeking to shut down the girls' school where she works. Sadly, it's a battle Pakistanis are all too familiar with in the real world.

The Taliban have blown up hundreds of schools and attacked activists in Pakistan's northwest because they oppose girls' education. The militants sparked worldwide condemnation last fall when they shot 15-year-old schoolgirl activist Malala Yousafzai in the head in an unsuccessful attempt to kill her.

Action in the "Burka Avenger" cartoon series, which is scheduled to start running on Geo TV in early August, is much more lighthearted . The bungling bad guys evoke more laughter than fear and are no match for the Burka Avenger undoubtedly the first South Asian ninja who wields books and pens as weapons.

The Urdu language show is the brainchild of one of Pakistan's biggest pop stars, Aaron Haroon Rashid, known to many as simply Haroon, who conceived of it as a way to emphasize the importance of girls' education and teach children other lessons, such as protecting the environment and not discriminating against others. This last point is critical in a country where Islamist militants wage repeated attacks on religious minorities.

"Each one of our episodes is centered around a moral, which sends out strong social messages to kids," Rashid said. "But it is cloaked in pure entertainment, laughter, action and adventure."

The decision to clothe the superhero in a black burka, also often spelled burqa, a full-length robe commonly worn by conservative Islamic women in Pakistan and Afghanistan, could raise eyebrows because some people view the outfit as a sign of oppression . The Taliban forced women to wear burkas when they took control of Afghanistan in the 1990s.

The version worn by the Burka Avenger shows only her eyes and fingers, though it has a sleeker, more ninjalike look than the bulky robes of an actual burka. Rashid, who is certainly no radical Islamist, said he used a burka to give a local feel to the show, which is billed as the first animated series ever produced in Pakistan. "It's not a sign of oppression. She is using it to hide her identity likeother superheroes," he said.

News piece by Times of India...posted by an Indian on a Pakistani site to discuss Pakistani cartoons.... You guys are so obsessed with Pakistan.

first animated series ever produced in Pakistan

Times of India done it again. can't even get their information right, there already has been Captain safe gaurd series, and some detol animated series as well. Its NOT the first Pakistani animated series..

I dont give a d*mn about where/what/how the burkha culture came to Pakistan, whether it came from Arab petro dollars or Iranian petro dollars. All I Know is that Pakistan TODAY has culturally nothing in common with India. Might have been the case 500 years ago when they were majority Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhists but not today. Stop living in the past.

I am sorry, but I am not going to sit around here, while you give our unique culture to our enemies. Sari/shalwar kameez has nothing to do with Pakistan, Pakistan as a nation was built on the idea of being different from HIndus. Have some self respect and stop this shameless dalali, it embarasses the rest of patriot Indians like us.

lol @ saris being only for indians it's not as common in comparison to india
but it is still worn by both pakistanis and also bangladeshis sorry guys it's NOT unique to you we have it too so your just gonna have to suck it up and share with us MUAHAHAHA !!! :bunny::yay:

ImanAli.jpg

936866_382167881894708_787186370_n.png

@muse I am curious on your views on this ....

How should we think of this development? What does it mean?

For instance, looking at "traditional" comic book heroes, they have some super power or ability and they are an expression of an idea generally rooted in what we can generally agree are "progressive values" - and generally speaking, (Note to readers: if you conclude that we are speaking in general terms, it's not accidental) the most successful comic book heroes have been those characters that are developed such that their humanity and their super ability are juxtaposed such that their humanity is what attracts and holds fans.

All we know of this hero is that she wears a burkha, perhaps the burkha is the super power or ability, it certainly seems like it to me - So, lets see how the writing team will develop this character and her choices in the socio-cultural milieu the character is situated in - is she going to live in the soviet style govt buildings of North Nazimabad, Federal Area B? In Baloch "infested" Lyari? In Pashtun friendly Sohrab Goth? Does she have or will she have a "love interest" ? Is she going to submit to her parents choice of a would be husband, How will she deal with the family pressure to produce progeny every year?? Will she be on birth control??

Right now it's just an idea limited to a woman in Burhka who somehow acquired martial art skills - taught by? (Mullah Astaghfarullah?) at a secret Jamia Hafsa in the heart of liberal secular atheist fascist DHS (phase 5) ?

So lets see how it goes - will I be watching - Gimme a break, there are Burkhas all over Pakistan, whats so special about this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
How should we think of this development? What does it mean?

For instance, looking at "traditional" comic book heroes, they have some super power or ability and they are an expression of an idea generally rooted in what we can generally agree are "progressive values" - and generally speaking, (Note to readers: if you conclude that we are speaking in general terms, it's not accidental) the most successful comic book heroes have been those characters that are developed such that their humanity and their super ability are juxtaposed such that their humanity is what attracts and holds fans.

All we know of this hero is that she wears a burkha, perhaps the burkha is the super power or ability, it certainly seems like it to me - So, lets see how the writing team will develop this character and her choices in the socio-cultural milieu the character is situated in - is she going to live in the soviet style govt buildings of North Nazimabad, Federal Area B? In Baloch "infested" Lyari? In Pashtun friendly Sohrab Goth? Does she have or will she have a "love interest" ? Is she going to submit to her parents choice of a would be husband, How will she deal with the family pressure to produce progeny every year?? Will she be on birth control??

Right now it's just an idea limited to a woman in Burhka who somehow acquired martial art skills - taught by? (Mullah Astaghfarullah?) at a secret Jamia Hafsa in the heart of liberal secular atheist fascist DHS (phase 5) ?

So lets see how it goes - will I be watching - Gimme a break, there are Burkhas all over Pakistan, whats so special about this one?

You are asking too many questions, and to answer your last one, there is nothing special about this burka. It will fizzle out just like the funding for the Desi version of Sesame Street fell through.

This one knows how to fight back...

Yes, it's important to be clear about what we are fighting - value systems which are about fashion sensibility are indeed potent weapons of mass deception

Yes, it's important to be clear about what we are fighting - value systems which are about fashion sensibility are indeed potent weapons of mass deception

If the op picture is any representative, the burka is not there more than namesake. Painting thugs trying to close the school and a woman fighting back may provide a good example to the children.

And I hope this doesn't develop into any complex storyline where social values are questioned. Not for kids, and would attract attention of people it should not.

Thinking about it any deeper than this, as you are trying to do, is waste of time, it is not meant to be.

.And I hope this doesn't develop into any complex storyline where social values are questioned. Not for kids, and would attract attention of people it should not.

Thinking about it any deeper than this, as you are trying to do, is waste of time, it is not meant to be.

Yes, kids are stupid

Back
Top Bottom