What's new

Bullet trains for India with Indo-China Strategic Economic Dialogue

Most HSR s use EMU units..I hope you know that:lol:
poor people will travel on traditional rail..HSR is aimed at middle class population

different engine power,different rated speed.i hope you know that.it looks like LCA vs F22.

:blah:You know a thing about Indian middle class???
hope your middle class are traveling every day

China HSRL is very cost effective compared with the Japanese ones, they have quite a lots accidents as well. I take the HSRL twice per week, it's really safe.
You know better because you use it..Japan has had accidents too,but I think in France glitches/accidents are very very rare.

different engine power,different rated speed.i hope you know that.it looks like LCA vs F22.

200 km/h EMU and 300 Km/h EMU shares some technology atleast:wave:
Engine power??For an EMU??

Both Japan and German has notorious HSR accidents in the past, why always picky on China? Is it typical Indian Patriotism? Business is business. If you guys want to flex your check book around, I will stay out of this. Any time, price is the key indicator in bidding. If you don't like China, just let your government cancel China's right to bid in this one.

We don't need high speed railways for another decade, period.

We need it Period. And we gonna build it with Japan.

"If all preparatory works progress on schedule and the project starts by April 2013 as planned, the first phase is expected to be completed in five years and the second in the following two years

"Work of drawing up the Detailed Project Report is now on. Alignment study/survey has started; preparatory work on land acquisition has also begun. Recruitment of key personnel has begun," Balakrishnan,a former bureaucrat, told PTI.

"We have started discussing funding options with various agencies, including Japan's JICA and ADB. It's in the early stages and nothing has been finalized yet.

About the Karnataka government's response to the project which extends to Mangalore, he said they had welcomed it. "Karnataka actually wants it to be extended to Udupi, thinking it will attract greater traffic from Kerala, especially as a pilgrimage centre," he added.

Kerala's high speed rail project to be on track soon - Economic Times

Thiruvananthapuram

A business team, led by Japanese diplomatic officials, has been in talks with state industry officials on a project for manufacturing advanced technology components for high-speed trains.

Shinya Fuji, director-general, Japan External Trade Organisation (JETO), and Masanori Nakano, Consul-General, Japanese Embassy, who met chief minister Oommen Chandy, said the businessmen in Japan would be keen on setting up an export base for advanced technology components for high-speed trains in India and as the first state in the high-speed train foray, Kerala was a big candidate.

Kerala may land Japan ancillary unit with high-speed rail

Both Japan and German has notorious HSR accidents in the past, why always picky on China? Is it typical Indian Patriotism? Business is business. If you guys want to flex your check book around, I will stay out of this. Any time, price is the key indicator in bidding. If you don't like China, just let your government cancel China's right to bid in this one.
I think China is better suited for this job because both of our countries are vast, high population and are developing nations with majority in middle class. Germany and Japan are developed nations and they can spend more money on luxury whereas we need cost effective solutions.

Of course they can work according to our requirements but China has experience in vast networks.

Chinese company is trying to convince India government our HSR is cost effective with good safety. It's India's choice, wish Indian good luck all the way if we might loose in the bidding.

Guys people are spending on Tourist buses cost double that of Indian railway, so High Speed trains can also attract passengers and also make profit.

I think China is better suited for this job because both of our countries are vast, high population and are developing nations with majority in middle class. Germany and Japan are developed nations and they can spend more money on luxury whereas we need cost effective solutions.
Thanks bro, it's India's choice. We will respect the bidding result.

Chinese company is trying to convince India government our HSR is cost effective with good safety. It's India's choice, wish Indian good luck all the way if we might loose in the bidding.

It seems India is diversifying the HSR project between Japan, France and China.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/india-in-talks-to-buy-first-bullet-trains-report-275023

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/bullet-trains-japan-says-will-provide-latest-tech/892739

India is also going for Tech. transfer which will help in develop HSR according to Indian requirements.

Guys people are spending on Tourist buses cost double that of Indian railway, so High Speed trains can also attract passengers and also make profit.

Much of those luxury tourist buses of Merc or Volvo origin has been bought by the private entities.

Back
Top Bottom