What's new

Buddhists target Sri Lanka's Muslims

Banning an obligatory islamic practice which includes Halal is clearly an islamophobia.

I dont think halal slaughetr is banned,most muslims would insist the butcher to give fresh meat and prefer a muslim kasai but here it is about frozen meat.

I like Jhatka meat personally but Halal is okay too.

Halal is a superior form of food/meat...every restaurant should have halal meat option...

Non-Muslims in dar-ul-harb should have halal meat in their grocery shops to accommodate Muslims...

We are men not savages. I will NEVER eat a ritually sacrificed animal that is tortured to death.

We are men not savages. I will NEVER eat a ritually sacrificed animal that is tortured to death.

If it is sacrificed it is not torture.

The inside of throat of the animal is cut to paralyze and cause less harm to the animal btw...

What do you mean by ritually 'sacrificed' animal? Halal isn't a 'ritual sacrifice' genius.

You should always eat Halal...

I dont think halal slaughetr is banned,most muslims would insist the butcher to give fresh meat and prefer a muslim kasai but here it is about frozen meat.

I like Jhatka meat personally but Halal is okay too.

Is it Mr or Mrs. Bronxbull who like Jhatka meat? :lol:

This of cause is the other side of the story.. but in no way excuses the extremist Sinhala fringe groups targeting Muslims as a whole using the Halal controversy..

WikiLeaks: A Growing Wahhabi Presence In Eastern Province – Muslim Leaders

“Ambassador hosted prominent Muslim leaders for a roundtable discussion on Muslim issues to mark the holy month of Ramadan. Participants noted the absence of Al-Qaida and other radical Islamist terror groups but expressed concern about a growing Wahhabi presence, and the need to address social problems within the Muslim community before radical ideas begin to resonate with the youth.” the US Embassy Colombo informed Washington.

The Colombo Telegraph found the related leaked cable from the WikiLeaks database. The cable is written on October 9, 2007 by the US Ambassador to Colombo Robert O. Blake.

On October 2, Ambassador Blake hosted prominent Muslim leaders for a roundtable discussion on Muslim issues. Participants included Principal of Zahira College T.K. Azoor, former Attorney General Shibly Aziz, Chairman of the Muslim Peace Secretariat A.M.M. Faaiz, and Chairman of the Islamic Center of Sri Lanka M.H. Mohamed.

Ambassador Blake wrote; “Participants expressed concern about land rights for Muslims in both the Eastern Province and the North-Western Province. Despite historically good relations with both Hindus and Buddhists, Muslims now face some resistance to their activities, even in Colombo. For the most part, however, they remained optimistic about relations between Muslims and both Sinhalese and Tamils and confident that Sri Lankan Muslims would remain moderate and peaceful. Ambassador assured the Muslim leaders that the U.S. is paying close attention to religious freedom and other concerns raised during the discussion and regularly encourages the GSL to listen to and address the concerns of the Muslim community”

Under the subheading “Wahhabi Influence Growing” the ambassador wrote; “Participants noted that Islam in Sri Lanka has traditionally been both moderate and peaceful. Lately, however, they observe a growing Wahhabi presence, based mostly in the town of Kattankudy in Eastern Province. Fortunately, they said, there are not yet any ‘jihadi’ groups present in Sri Lanka. Muslim leaders have made a point of teaching youth to ‘shun this path.’ They expressed a concern however, that if social problems within the Muslim community are not addressed, radical ideas may begin to resonate. The growing influence of the Wahhabis has led to intra-religous tensions and increased intolerance of minority Muslim sects such as the Sufis.”

Placing a comment the ambassador wrote; “The roundtable participants seemed eager to share their concerns and appreciative of an audience with the U.S. Embassy. They welcomed U.S. intervention with the GSL to encourage fair treatment of Muslims. For the most part, however, they remained optimistic about relations between Muslims and both Sinhalese and Tamils and confident that Sri Lankan Muslims would remain moderate and peaceful.”

WikiLeaks: A Growing Wahhabi Presence In Eastern Province – Muslim Leaders | Colombo Telegraph

What do you mean by ritually 'sacrificed' animal? Halal isn't a 'ritual sacrifice' genius.

You should always eat Halal...

don't you chat bismillah while you slit the animal's throat?

Back
Top Bottom