What's new

Breakthrough reached in Indo-US nuclear deal

?? What was stopping them? Why should Pakistan & China be dependent on Indo-US deal?

They are not dependent....but now they have another reason to secure such deal.......cause few countries are again gonna cry over, like they always do

Great, now the path is clear for China and Pakistan to strike same deal. :cheers:

I don't know whats the idea behind cutting such a deal with China. It's not like China needs a new 'deal' to supply anything it wants to Pakistan.

Whats this ? I want a deal because India has one ?

For India, it is about accessing civil nuclear supplies(NSG) amongst many other important things.

I don't know whats the idea behind cutting such a deal with China. It's not like China needs a new 'deal' to supply anything it wants to Pakistan.

Whats this ? I want a deal because India has one ?

For India, it is about accessing civil nuclear supplies(NSG) amongst many other important things.
Umm yes, as you should know both countries by default cannot gain civil nuclear supplies as they are not signitories of the NPT. Since The Usa has termed India as a "responsible" nuclear power the NSG have no opposition in supplying India. But now as India is exempted Pakistan and China have a valid reason to make their own "exeptions", subsequently negating opposition.

If its just China you want to get supplies from you're already getting what they could give. Others are not going to supply Pakistan under the present cirumstances. There is no need for a Pakistan-China deal except for semantics.

I'm still skeptical and will be skeptical till I heard the final agreement of the same.

China-Pakistan deal or no deal, If US does not wants it can lobby well so that it doesnt passes NSG, and if it doesnt you know what?

If its just China you want to get supplies from you're already getting what they could give. Others are not going to supply Pakistan under the present cirumstances. There is no need for a Pakistan-China deal except for semantics.
Well right now the sino-pak coopperation in this field isn't as substancial as Pakistan would like I guess. there is the 300mw co-op in Chasma and reported assistance in the Kushab reactors. But there is nothing to be heard of yet in the higher yielding civil reactors.
After the US-India deal it may signal the green light for china to tranfer larger reactor design in Pakistan and increase overall nuclear copperation.

China and Russia are already supplying Pakistan and India respectively, USA deal goes beyond that, and when it comes to Pakistan international community is not extend the same hand as they will do for India. Hard truth

Back
Top Bottom