What's new

Breaking China's DF-21D missile kill chain: US expert

no weapon can be reliable or potential unless it faces a true war either its chinese or US one.

The DF-21D is quite effective.
Not proven.

There are, however, some problems. First problem is that it was only tested on a fixed target and not a moving ship,...
The first problem alone discredit the argument that the DF-21D is 'effective'.

...second, this missile would need an Over-the-Horizon radars to detect ships, and finally, this ship would need advanced MIRVs to effectively evade American missiles.
OTH radars do not have consistent and reliable target updates because of the long wavelengths employed and because it uses atmospheric reflections/propagations, transmissions are vulnerable to atmospheric disruptions, such as sunrise and sunsets which affects plasma layers.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1981eirs.sympS....T
A discussion is presented of the constraints imposed on HF radars operating in the 3-30 MHz range by ionospheric conditions.

...disturbed ionosphere effects range over the aurora, meteors, traveling ionospheric disturbances, sunrise and sunset, spread-F, and equatorial ionospheric irregularities created after local sunset.
So if to date the DF-21D is tested only against fixed land targets with programmed geo-coordinates, and its most important sensor is vulnerable to unpredictable and uncontrollable environment forces, how is it 'effective'?

no weapon can be reliable or potential unless it faces a true war either its chinese or US one.

technically true, but for the sake of everyone involved a reliable weapon should be defined as one that has undergone multiple successful tests in their intended operational environment, whether as part of a war exercise or a standalone test. This doesn't necessarily have to include simulated countermeasures.

At the very least the weapon should have one successful test in the intended environment under its belt, though a single successful test does not really conform to any definition of reliable.

If the DF-21D is considered a 'reliable weapon' under this definition, Then the railguns and lasers the US is developing are also considered 'reliable' weapons. Both have been tested, if not in their intended environment.

white man designs and tell you to build PC and iphone according to specs and you do it.

:lol:

PC

Hewlett-Packard’s Reign as Top PC Maker Ended by Lenovo

Smartphone

China tops U.S. as world's largest smart device market - CBS News

china-us-smartdevice-market_620x465.jpg

Anymore comments from Indians? :lol:

Not proven.

It will be your last chance to see the light and a tad too late to realise the fatal test is on you

The first problem alone discredit the argument that the DF-21D is 'effective'.

we dont need you approval

OTH radars do not have consistent and reliable target updates because of the long wavelengths employed and because it uses atmospheric reflections/propagations, transmissions are vulnerable to atmospheric disruptions, such as sunrise and sunsets which affects plasma layers.

haha nice cut and paste

we use EMP, laser rail guns, radar counter jamming devices whatever you prefer

So if to date the DF-21D is tested only against fixed land targets with programmed geo-coordinates, and its most important sensor is vulnerable to unpredictable and uncontrollable environment forces, how is it 'effective'?

fixed land target and slow moving aircraft carrier do not make a huge difference. How much is the difference between a stationery target vs one moving at 20~30 knots? The sensor is equipped with anti-jamming devices, wind speed and atmospheric temperature wont ruffle a feather. How is it 'ineffective"?

How do you even know we have not tested our missiles on targets calibrated to the speed of air craft carriers?

We can also hit you from all sides!

It will be your last chance to see the light and a tad too late to realise the fatal test is on you
Meaningless drivel.

we dont need you approval
You need approval from the laws of physics. Real physics. Not 'Chinese physics'.

we use EMP, laser rail guns, radar counter jamming devices whatever you prefer
Have nothing to do with the operations of OTH radars.

fixed land target and slow moving aircraft carrier do not make a huge difference. How much is the difference between a stationery target vs one moving at 20~30 knots?
How about a few kilometers from the time of missile launch to time over target? If not nuclear, between a ship and the ballistic missile, if the missile failed by just one meter, the ship win.

The sensor is equipped with anti-jamming devices, wind speed and atmospheric temperature wont ruffle a feather. How is it 'ineffective"?
I do not think you have any idea of what you just said.

How do you even know we have not tested our missiles on targets calibrated to the speed of air craft carriers?
Because missile launches are detectable from space. China have only one ocean to test the DF-21D under full field condition and we got eyes on that one ocean.

We can also hit you from all sides!
Meaningless drivel.

Meaningless drivel.

you ignorance is drivel! Mod edit

You need approval from the laws of physics. Real physics. Not 'Chinese physics'.

We research, test and make our weapons strictly according to the law of physics. Chinese Physicists are one of the best in the world

no cut and paste this time! OTH radars wont affect our devices

How about a few kilometers from the time of missile launch to time over target? If not nuclear, between a ship and the ballistic missile, if the missile failed by just one meter, the ship win.

an aircraft carrier is over 300 meters in length, 50~100 meters across deck. have a brain to calculate how much is 1 meter to the said measurements

oh this is exactly my question on you

Because missile launches are detectable from space. China have only one ocean to test the DF-21D under full field condition and we got eyes on that one ocean.

so is your fleet which includes your aircraft carrier. you can be detected both from space and on shore. You have many ships and aircraft carriers and we have many many more DF-21Ds and YJ-XXs.

tell me where ur pc hardware and ur mobilephone come from :china:

My phone is made in S.Korea, my PC mother board is made in Japan, my CPU is made in USA, had them for 5 years, still going strong.
My stapler is made in China, and some parts fell apart after a few weeks.

:)

My phone is made in S.Korea, my PC mother board is made in Japan, my CPU is made in USA, had them for 5 years, still going strong.
My stapler is made in China, and some parts fell apart after a few weeks.

:)

dont compare apple with orange

and dont expect diamonds when you pay for the price of stones

dont compare apple with orange

and dont expect diamonds when you pay for the price of stones

how could you mess up something so simple like a stapler? my ipod earphone that i bought two years ago from ebay for $5 is still working. its even made in vietnam

how could you mess up something so simple like a stapler? my ipod earphone that i bought two years ago from ebay for $5 is still working. its even made in vietnam

a variety of reasons like mis-handling by the operator

there is no point in supporting your claim with crazy comparisons which aim to blindly defame made-in-China products
If vietcongs can make quality earphones, we can make them better, more affordable to the folks. That is why in the past decades, our export covers everything and everywhere. It is still growing well at this time when most economies of the world face difficulties

Meaningless drivel.

Meaningless drivel.

Gambit.
I question from a novice,would it really matter if a nuke warhead landed 10m away from a carrier.Would the explosion not be enough to blow everything in sight.
Secondly in your opinion where are the chinese with regards to development of these missiles and what countermeasuees is the USN Thinking of adding on to its ships.
Araz

you ignorance is drivel! what a loser old man

We research, test and make our weapons strictly according to the law of physics. Chinese Physicists are one of the best in the world

no cut and paste this time! OTH radars wont affect our devices

an aircraft carrier is over 300 meters in length, 50~100 meters across deck. have a brain to calculate how much is 1 meter to the said measurements

oh this is exactly my question on you

so is your fleet which includes your aircraft carrier. you can be detected both from space and on shore. You have many ships and aircraft carriers and we have many many more DF-21Ds and YJ-XXs.

stop the diatribes if you dont know a thing and go back to your bingo old man!
I have reported your post to the admin.You have no right to hurl personal insults at other members. Please conduct yourself in a manner befitting a civilized forum. All counter arguments can still be debated with passion. I would suggest that you take this opportunity to learn drom people like gambit who have spent a lot of time in the US forces.
Araz

I have reported your post to the admin.You have no right to hurl personal insults at other members. Please conduct yourself in a manner befitting a civilized forum. All counter arguments can still be debated with passion. I would suggest that you take this opportunity to learn drom people like gambit who have spent a lot of time in the US forces.
Araz

do as you may but having experience in any force as claimed does not mean he is infallible! Which part of mine is insulting him and they are not making a point!?

it may be you who has the desire to learn from him. up to now some his comments are cut and paste and bragging drivels

He is insulting my comments too!

Back
Top Bottom