What's new

Brahmos to be deployed in Ladhak

2houumqjpg.png

aaaha mazzza aaagyaaa

Question : Would the rarified atmosphere of Ladakh have any bearing on the terminal velocity of Brahmos ?

Question : Would the rarified atmosphere of Ladakh have any bearing on the terminal velocity of Brahmos ?
Yes brahmos is air breathing missile.
But it will have least effect on terminal velocity, more effect on range . Terminal velocity can be made very much by more intake of fuel, say after burner.
Every one has to agree this being cruise missile will have less accuracy on mountain targets not on cities behind mountains, because
cruise missile will hit the target with horizontal impact and sudden heights and depths of near by mountains may make cruise missile miss the target.

Yes brahmos is air breathing missile.
But it will have least effect on terminal velocity, more effect on range . Terminal velocity can be made very much by more intake of fuel, say after burner.
Every one has to agree this being cruise missile will have less accuracy on mountain targets not on cities behind mountains, because
cruise missile will hit the target with horizontal impact and sudden heights and depths of near by mountains may make cruise missile miss the target.

I think that the latest block of the Brahmos has a built in software which allows it to hit the designated target after negotiating with other obstacles.First thing is, Brahmos is a guided weapon with lots of features that will definitely allow it to avoid mountains as such otherwise our army would be a fool to deploy an important weapon and making it inaccurate.

I think that the latest block of the Brahmos has a built in software which allows it to hit the designated target after negotiating with other obstacles.First thing is, Brahmos is a guided weapon with lots of features that will definitely allow it to avoid mountains as such otherwise our army would be a fool to deploy an important weapon and making it inaccurate.

I too agree, pre-programmed countour mapping is a must in such a terrain.

I too agree, pre-programmed countour mapping is a must in such a terrain.

Yes.its obvious.An accurate weapon like brahmos will definitely be equipped with pre-programmed contour mapping.
Anyways,a missile like brahmos will fry the hell out of the adversary.Dont you agree bro??

How many cities under 300 kms radius from Ladakh?

Brahmos is not weapon of mass destruction or collateral damage its for precise damage to a particular area/structure/building.

We are deploying it in ladakh not for killing people/goats/dogs but to destroy chinese supply lines rail, road, command & control, radars, SAMs etc. etc.

I don't see what Brahmos could cover other than invading PLA troops in case of a war. Other than that, nothing strategic comes within that distance other than a few military bases. I even wonder why Prahaar is being made at 150 Km distance rather than something a 1,000+Km. Surely, we are crammed with short range missiles. DRDO and BrhMos are still obsessing themselves with short range missiles rather than ones that have strategic results like something that could target meaningful cities and large population centers if that is required as a last option.

WE need a BrahMos version that can target deep into their territory especially on population centers. There's no point other than to halt marching columns of PLA in war to deploy these in Ladakh. Tibetans are as such leading a spiritually miserable life in their country. These missiles won't cover anything meaningfully strategic until Dr. Pillai somehow gets them to cross the 300 KM restriction and touch at least 1,500 KM.

It will be a hell of a difficult task to develop a 1000+km range cruise missile with maximum velocity of mach 3.The weight will be prohibitively high.Even current 300 km range brahmos weighs a 3ton!!So imagine the weight of a 1000+km range brahmos.
Actually Brahmos was developed as primarily anti ship missile,it was never meant for army.But due to its speed,accuracy,power and the fact that most major pakistani targets lies under 300km IA adopted the Brahmos.It was never meant for china.For that the air launched Brahmos is being developed.MKI and Brahmos combo will be very effective against chinese targets.MKIs will provide the much needed range and Brahmos will provide the death blow.
And Prahar is being developed as a longrange quick reaction guided artillery equivalent.It is a tactical system for battle field use as a shoot and scoot system mainly to provide accurate shelling of advancing or defending enemy forces from longer distances and for counter artillery fire to destroy enemy artillery forces.So it simply does not need a 1000+km range.But I think the range should have been atleast 350 km to effectively engage those 300 mm chinese strategic multi barrel rocket launchers with 300 km range.Against pakistan these missiles will definately proved to be devastating.
REGARDS....

I don't see what Brahmos could cover other than invading PLA troops in case of a war. Other than that, nothing strategic comes within that distance other than a few military bases. I even wonder why Prahaar is being made at 150 Km distance rather than something a 1,000+Km. Surely, we are crammed with short range missiles. DRDO and BrhMos are still obsessing themselves with short range missiles rather than ones that have strategic results like something that could target meaningful cities and large population centers if that is required as a last option.

WE need a BrahMos version that can target deep into their territory especially on population centers. There's no point other than to halt marching columns of PLA in war to deploy these in Ladakh. Tibetans are as such leading a spiritually miserable life in their country. These missiles won't cover anything meaningfully strategic until Dr. Pillai somehow gets them to cross the 300 KM restriction and touch at least 1,500 KM.

my friend your wish for long range cruise missiles is almost a reality.we have Shaurya Hypersonic hybrid missile(750-1900km) at Mach 5-7 almost ready and the Nirbhay CM with a 1000km under development.

What kind of explosives will bramhos carry which is placed in ladakh . i understand its nuclear capable ... but are those ones placed on the borders equipped with nukes??... my technical knowledge is less

It will be a hell of a difficult task to develop a 1000+km range cruise missile with maximum velocity of mach 3.The weight will be prohibitively high.Even current 300 km range brahmos weighs a 3ton!!So imagine the weight of a 1000+km range brahmos.
Actually Brahmos was developed as primarily anti ship missile,it was never meant for army.But due to its speed,accuracy,power and the fact that most major pakistani targets lies under 300km IA adopted the Brahmos.It was never meant for china.For that the air launched Brahmos is being developed.MKI and Brahmos combo will be very effective against chinese targets.MKIs will provide the much needed range and Brahmos will provide the death blow.
REGARDS....

yes thats correct.brahmos has much more kinetic energy than other missiles like Harpoon,Ra'ad etc and so a lot of energy on impact.It is an ideal weapon against pak targets given the condition of the Air-defence network which they have it might prove a bit too much.

my friend your wish for long range cruise missiles is almost a reality.we have Shaurya Hypersonic hybrid missile(750-1900km) at Mach 5-7 almost ready and the Nirbhay CM with a 1000km under development.

Yeah bro,Shaurya will be absolutely devastating against any enemy.If you are on the wrong side and if you see a Shaurya coming towards you,then you don't have an option but dye.Praying will not be of not much help,because most probably even GOD will be scared.rofl.
By the way it is not under development,it is already developed.
REGARDS....

yes thats correct.brahmos has much more kinetic energy than other missiles like Harpoon,Ra'ad etc and so a lot of energy on impact.It is an ideal weapon against pak targets given the condition of the Air-defence network which they have it might prove a bit too much.
Brahmos will be retired with in 15 years as we get most capable Hypersonic version . It will be an ACC killer but less effective in mountain areas.
I still vote MRBL's in mountain region.

Back
Top Bottom