What's new

Boeing to sell Japan F-18 fighters:Said J-20 than its rivals

lawxx

Reaction score
b7f1b6fb14.jpg

???????F-18?? ??-20?????_??_???

World Wide Web intern reporter Zhao Wenjie reports, according to Japan's "Sankei Shimbun" reported on July 5, Boeing for the first time to open its latest Japanese media's F/A-18E/F fighter / attack aircraft (ie, future-oriented "super Hornets ") of the prototype.

Reported that, F/A-18E/F is the U.S. Navy's main battle attack aircraft, the next generation of Japan's Air Self Defense Force's main fighter FX strong candidate models. The aircraft fuselage has good stealth capability, the radar can not easily be captured, and on the ground bases, ships and military cooperation with the satellite, you can also play a high level of electronic combat capabilities. FX models will be selected during the year, the company's battle is getting better.

Report said that to improve performance and stealth air combat capability, the new "Hornet" will be installed in the main wing of the old missiles under all incorporated inside the fuselage, with a new streamlined body. Boeing combat attack aircraft development director, said: "No matter how good the enemy with stealth performance, the latest type of F/A-18E/F can collect enemy intelligence side, side to fight." When asked China's latest stealth fighter F-type performance to -20, the official said quietly: "Not F/A-18E/F opponent."

Concern for the F/A-18E/F is now the reasons, reports that China has been completed in January this year, a fifth-generation fighter prototype. Japan's air defense environment is increasingly severe, and the Air Self-Defense Force's aging F-4 fighter seriously, the task of introducing the next generation of aircraft is very urgent. However, it is considered the most promising Lockheed - Martin in the development of F-35 "Lightning" fighter dragged in, even if the Japanese government decided to buy, can not determine the deployment time, and pricing is F / A -18E / F for 2 to 3 times.

Reported that a high degree of F-35 stealth performance, though capable of deep attack the enemy hinterland, but "Japan Air Self Defense Force's goal is to ensure air supremacy in the East China Sea, it is not necessary." Taking into account the Western Pacific Chinese army, the U.S. military has described the joint air, sea, break the enemy's armed forces, "Air Sea integration concept" for the Japanese Air Self Defense Force, the new F/A-18E/F is the best combat machines type.

Report concluded that, if Japan choose F/A-18E/F, you can apply the same parts with the U.S. military, conduct joint operations.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Japan working on its own 5th generation fighter? :blink:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Japan working on its own 5th generation fighter? :blink:

Their so-called 5th gen fighter is just a bargain with US for the deal of F-22.

Since they are frustrated as the US congress refuses to sell them F-22.

Japan will need a foreign engine for it's fifth generation fighter. It should be able to do the airframe,avionics and missiles though.

Lol Boeing is just doing her business nothing else i mean whats the rationality in selling an F-18 E/F against J-20 when Japan already have F-15's in their service, and f-15 is better than f-18 E/F .If any aircraft has a better chance against J-20 its F-15 not F-18 , most airforces will prefer F-15 silent eagle with stealthy features any day above f-18 E/F against a stealth aircraft like J-20 if they don't have access to say F-22 or F-35 ,

Lol Boeing is just doing her business nothing else i mean whats the rationality in selling an F-18 E/F against J-20 when Japan already have F-15's in their service, and f-15 is better than f-18 E/F .If any aircraft has a better chance against J-20 its F-15 not F-18 , most airforces will prefer F-15 silent eagle with stealthy features any day above f-18 E/F against a stealth aircraft like J-20 if they don't have access to say F-22 or F-35 ,
I take it you have performed a comprehensive comparative analysis of both aircrafts and their associated non-flying costs?

Maybe it matters that you can't fly an F15S from a carrier....?

Japan will need a foreign engine for it's fifth generation fighter. It should be able to do the airframe,avionics and missiles though.

Not mentioning that they don't have the large wind tunnel for the aerodynamic design of the aircraft.

Japan really has no choice when it comes down to it.... I still think that the silent eagle is probably a better choice. Both are from Boeing any ways...

F/A-18E/F? Why is there a need for it if they possess the F-2A and are pursuing a 5th generation fighter?

They would most likely purchase the F-35.

The F-18 Super Hornet is very capable aircraft. Albeit, more advanced than the Hornet. It's good for maritime air superiority.

It was commonly observed that Japan might reject the F-35. The reasons are fairly obvious.
Japan may reject F-35 for the F/A-18 | Powerline News Network

The F-15 Silent Eagle is still under development. It might have reduced RCS and better technology, but certainly not a 'stealth' aircraft like the F-22.

In case anyone didn't know, there is a more 'stealthy' version of the F-18 Super Hornet under works.
AIR_F-18_Super_Hornet_International_Roadmap_Concept_lg.jpg

japan want to develop a xinshen 5 fighter by himself.
japan may have dreams, but the “ invisible shackles of USA ” keeps pulling them back.i think japen will still buy F35 at last.
japan xinshen ATD-X 5 gen fighter concept
27_172013_1ba16b16862e3d3.jpg

27_172013_2820d9c1cd6af9a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom