What's new

Blasts hit Chinese government buildings-a major escalation of asia conflict

Originally I was in favor of looking at the deeper underlying reasons for this attack rather than scream "TERRORISM KILL!!!" mindlessly. After all that'd make me like an American, and that'd be disgusting for myself. After all, the judicial system here is hopeless and the person could just be extremely angry at losing an important lawsuit unfairly.

But now that people have actually died, it is time to hunt the responsible down, strap them to the bed and inject them.

I do not think that the disgruntled worker theory will stick. There has to be more to it. The blasts seems to be quite destructive and timed. Would have needed a lot of explosive, detonators and also timers etc. Though anyone in a construction company can lay a hand on these things but still highly improbable that it could be the handiwork of another disgruntled worker working by himself, at least surely not on Fuzhou. It is far in the East and also relatively prosperous and developing. There has to be a team/organization at work here and cannot be just one person.

The bombs went off at different locations so clearly coordinated. Here is the latest from CNN. They seem to be tying this to some local dissonance against evictions from earlier!

Beijing (CNN) -- Three explosions hit different government targets within a half an hour Thursday morning in eastern China, killing two people and injuring six others, local officials told CNN.

"A car bomb went off at 9:18 a.m. in the parking lot of the Fuzhou city prosecutor's office, followed by a blast at 9:20 a.m. at the Linchuan district government building and another car bomb at 9:45 a.m. near the local drug administration building," said Zhang Baoyun, a spokesman for the government of Jiangxi province, where Fuzhou is located.

One body was found in the district government building and another person died in the hospital, Zhang added.

Photos from the scene show large crowds gathering near one of the blast sites with a thick plume of black smoke in the air.

State-run Xinhua news agency quoted eyewitnesses as saying glass windows were shattered at the eight-story prosecutor's office building, while ambulances rushed in and out of the district government compound.

Authorities are still investigating the cause, while the injured -- including three in serious condition -- are at local hospitals, Zhang said.

He declined to confirm an earlier Xinhua report that blamed a disgruntled local peasant farmer for setting off the bombs because of an ongoing lawsuit.

Fuzhou is a city of nearly 4 million residents some 1,600 kilometers (975 miles) south of Beijing.

Last September the clashes between residents and officials in Yihuang, a county in Fuzhou, gained national attention.

Three residents doused themselves with gasoline and burned themselves to protest the forced demolition of their home by the local government.

One died in the hospital, prompting widespread outrage that eventually forced provincial authorities to sack several local officials.

Most surprising.

China is amongst the safest places on earth.

BTW I am traveling to China next week.

From the picture it seems like the magnitude of the blast was quite high, any info on what kind of explosives were used?

I would not worry about it especially if they were terrorists activities.

We China has the most effective ways to deal with terrorists. As long as we become alert, we will get them very quickly.

If those were caused by non-terrorist activities, it will be harder to deal with.

Withhout mincing any words I would say that Proximity with pakistan is Dangerous. When will the tallel than montain and deepel than ocean friends realise this? Anyways its sad that pakistani IT (International Terrorism) is manifesting itself in China now. There have been report sthat disgruntled uighuars have been training in pakistani camps.

RIP the dead.

Proximity with pakistan is Dangerous. When will the tallel than montain and deepel than ocean friends realise this? Anyways its sad that pakistani IT (International Terrorism) is manifesting itself in China now. RIP the dead.

Ur words are as crappy as ur avatar.
Bring up source or get lost troll.

RIP.......May God bless the departed and give strenght and patience to their families and friends.

Death to terrorists.

Just wait and watch dude.

BTW who would you guess did this? And mor eimportantly where did the perpetrators get the skill of making car bombs. There is only one country in this planet where people can go and learn car bombing and other terrorist techniques. I am not naming any country but some roots will be clearly established in coming days. Provided chinese govt allows facts to surface.

Back
Top Bottom