What's new

Blasphemy accuser kills 80 year old man after police drop charges

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

365108-blasphemy-1334475238-702-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: An elderly man, recently released from prison after acquittal by the court on proving innocent in a blasphemy case, was shot dead by the complainant in Farooqabad area of Sheikhupura.

80-year old Iqbal Butt was on his way home on a motorcycle rikshaw when he was shot dead when the accused Maulvi Waqas and an unidentified accomplice chased him on a motorcycle and opened fire, resulting in his death.

Javed Butt, stepson of Iqbal Butt said the Maulvi Waqas accused his father of blasphemy just to settle score with him after they exchanged some harsh words during an argument earlier on. The accused put pressure on police through protest of clerics and succeeded in registering a case against Iqbal, added Javed.

After the case was registered, the police arrested Iqbal and he was jailed but on December 30, 2011 he was honourably acquitter due to lack of evidence. SHO PS city Farooqabad,= Inspector Muhammad Idrees, while talking to The Express Tribune said that the deceased was found innocent during the course of investigation. HE said that even after the decision of the Ulema’s committee of the city police, had formally declared him innocent.

“The complainant Maulvi Waqas, a Khateeb of a local Mosque, was unhappy with the acquittal and he along with an unknown accomplice shot Iqbal Butt” , the Investigation Officer (IO) Sub Inspector Javed Mehmood said.A case has been registered against Waqas and his unknown accomplice but no arrests have been made as yet. According to police, raids are being conducted to find the accused.

Blasphemy accuser kills man after police drop charges – The Express Tribune

This is the problem with radicals they don't understand logic (Just like extreme leftis).They always try to impose their own opinion on others.Extreme Right and Extreme Left are both scum

Pakistan should have made example out of Mumtaz Qadri, that "vigilantes" don't get to decide if someone is a blasphemer or not. But that didn't happen, he got decorated and showered with praise and love.

I mean even Blasphemy Law is fine, if thats what Pakistanis want then so be it, but once the court has acquitted someone of charges that should be the end of it, these so called vigilantes of Islam should learn to respect that.

This is the problem with radicals they don't understand logic (Just like extreme leftis).They always try to impose their own opinion on others.Extreme Right and Extreme Left are both scum

It's a consequence of the lax law and order that affects everyone. It's a dereliction of duty by the civilian government.

But, of course, the usual suspects in the media, who never miss an opportunity for sanctimonious point scoring, will be the first to defend these same incompetent politicians.

Pakistan should have made example out of Mumtaz Qadri, that "vigilantes" don't get to decide if someone is a blasphemer or not. But that didn't happen, he got decorated and showered with praise and love.

I mean even Blasphemy Law is fine, if thats what Pakistanis want then so be it, but once the court has acquitted someone of charges that should be the end of it, these so called vigilantes of Islam should learn to respect that.
Sir what Mumtaz Qadri did he did it for Martyerdrom it was his main motive he will become biggest hero of this century for millions in Pakistan what needs to be done that Pakistani Government should punish those who commit blashmey and who are proved innocent that those who falsely accuse them should be punished this is the only solution

Sir what Mumtaz Qadri did he did it for Martyerdrom it was his main motive he will become biggest hero of this century for millions in Pakistan what needs to be done that Pakistani Government should punish those who commit blashmey and who are proved innocent that those who falsely accuse them should be punished this is the only solution
I swear, if I ever meet you IRL, your the first person I'll accuse for blasphemy.
Taste of your own medicine.

Basic problem with religious extremists like you (at leaast it seems you are one from your posts).. One has to be proven guilty.. Not innocent..

I swear, if I ever meet you IRL, your the first person I'll accuse for blasphemy.
Taste of your own medicine.
Go Ahead Sir first person who denies Hadees is accusing me of Blashmey Punishment is death in Islam which only government should implement it and those who are falsely accused should be hanged too so no one dare use this law for his personal biases

Go Ahead Sir first person who denies Hadees is accusing me of Blashmey Punishment is death in Islam which only government should implement it and those who are falsely accused should be hanged too so no one dare use this law for his personal biases

If I'm not wrong, the Hadees itself is a very controversial text.

One argument many Muslims give is that when you have the Quran (the supreme book), why should you go for the Hadees?

BTW, did you seriously just say that those who are falsely accused should also be hanged?

If I'm not wrong, the Hadees itself is a very controversial text.

One argument many Muslims give is that when you have the Quran (the supreme book), why should you go for the Hadees?

BTW, did you seriously just say that those who are falsely accused should also be hanged?
Sir Quran contians orders but details are in hadees and also some extra orders because Quran it self says to follow the orders of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW laws are based on both Quran and Hadees

Sir Quran contians orders but details are in hadees and also some extra orders because Quran it self says to follow the orders of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW laws are based on both Quran and Hadees

I'm not talking about what the Hadees says.

I'm saying that referring to Hadees, in itself, is incorrect according to many scholars since Quran is the Supreme book and hence Quran and only quran should be followed.

Besides, the authenticity of Hadees is also a subject of many a controversies.

BTW, I'm still seeking your clarification on your statement that even those who are falsely accused should be hanged.

BTW, I'm still seeking your clarification on your statement that even those who are falsely accused should be hanged.

I think he meant to say that those who falsely accuse others of blasphemy should be hanged too, as a deterrence against misuse of the law.

Oh now Hades is Islam did not know that i guess you learn some thing every day?

But i like yours religion where falsely accused should be hanged 2.

Back
Top Bottom