What's new

BJP Province of pakistan

Are you support the perposed BJP Province of pakistan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember NAP, the father of ANP exactly opposing that. How will that work?

I was just kidding. Members here think that creation of more provinces would endanger integrity of Pakistan, if that is the case then one unit plan again would be ideal?
It was due to one unit that ethno-nationalism emerged in NWFP, Balochistan and Sindh. If you suppress ethnic, linguistic sentiments and try to create provinces on administrative lines, then ethno-nationalism would resonate more.

@Bonhomie @haviZsultan
If districts are made provinces than Pakistan would have almost 150 provinces(excluding IOK, IOJ&M & IOHD) as currently there are alomst 150 districts in Pakistan. How will Pakistan handle it? More governer houses, assemblies, ministers, etc etc...?

Last edited by a moderator:
My sympathies and support are with seraiki people for their seraikistan province. Punjab is too big, time to break it into smaller parts like potohar, seraikistan, bahawalpur and Punjab.
Divided Punjab means stable pakistan !

@Bonhomie @haviZsultan
If districts are made provinces than Pakistan would have almost 150 provinces(excluding IOK, IOJ&M & IOHD) as currently there are alomst 150 districts in Pakistan. How will Pakistan handle it? More governer houses, assemblies, ministers, etc etc...?

Compared to districts, divisions as provinces is better idea. Hazara division, malakand division, peshawer division etc can work as small provinces.

I was just kidding. Members here think that creation of more provinces would endanger integrity of Pakistan, if that is the case then one unit plan again would be ideal?
It was due to one unit that ethno-nationalism emerged in NWFP, Balochistan and Sindh. If you suppress ethnic, linguistic sentiments and try to create provinces on administrative lines, then ethno-nationalism would resonate more.

You can't weed out people's ethnic identity out of a community built over centuries. Even in India we had such problems before language based states formed in 50s-60s. I have seen Pakistanis feel too much nervous when someone try to express his ethnic identity.

I am cynical... we won't get them back in the near future... in the late future, yes. I believe Lucknow and Hyderabad belongs to us but the family there has been turning against us itself. It does not want anything to do with us. That could be the reason for my identity crisis. In either case I shouldn't lose hope. True.

But look at the situation. All we are is a Yogoslavia with no unity and loyalty to Pakistan. A good leader is the only one who can change this.

At least despite being a part of the issue you have some positivity... don't let idiots like me make you lose that. I saw things on the ground. I saw patriotism and nationalism falling to the combined forces of ethnic chauvinism and religious dogmatism. We are not a nation. We must become one.

Pakistan have alot unity & patriotism...you don't even know that. Even if we call ourself Muhajir, Sindhi, Pathan, Baloch, Punjabi, Kashmiri, etc etc for our regionnal/provincial benefits still in our(all Pakistanis) hearts there is strong love for Pakistan. This is just a psychological war against Pakistan by you know who which makes Pakistani minds think negatively. As you can see already people of Pakistan loosing their hopes & buying the propaganda that enemies of Pakistan sells, we most internet Pakistanis don't even celebrate our victory & independance days when our ancestors thrash invaders & aggressors(talkin abt 47-48 war & 65 wars), we don't like to discuss/talk for the land occupied by hostile country & we talk about trade...but the ground reality is very different from internet, the Pakistanis in reality haven't forget all this i've said above, they celebrate Victory day, Indepandance & all other acheivements. Just Pakistanis @ internet need to realise that there is psychological war going onn via internet against Pakistani minds & if you can please open a thread on this psychological war too. Thanks
@haviZsultan @Last Hope@Armstrong @A Rafay @Don Jaguar @Hyperion what say?

@Bonhomie @haviZsultan

So many IOs. :cheesy:

Pakistan have alot unity & patriotism...you don't even know that. Even if we call ourself Muhajir, Sindhi, Pathan, Baloch, Punjabi, Kashmiri, etc etc for our regionnal/provincial benefits still in our(all Pakistanis) hearts there is strong love for Pakistan. This is just a psychological war against Pakistan by you know who which makes Pakistani minds think negatively. As you can see already people of Pakistan loosing their hopes & buying the propaganda that enemies of Pakistan sells, we most internet Pakistanis don't even celebrate our victory & independance days when our ancestors thrash invaders & aggressors(talkin abt 47-48 war & 65 wars), we don't like to discuss/talk for the land occupied by hostile country & we talk about trade...but the ground reality is very different from internet, the Pakistanis in reality haven't forget all this i've said above, they celebrate Victory day, Indepandance & all other acheivements. Just Pakistanis @ internet need to realise that there is psychological war going onn via internet against Pakistani minds & if you can please open a thread on this psychological war too. Thanks
@haviZsultan @Last Hope@Armstrong @A Rafay @Don Jaguar @Hyperion what say?

I said about districts before that a lot should be merged before provinces creation (Original 40-60 districts we had before)... but I say I am proud of your patriotism. But I saw things which have turned me quite cynical about a lot of things including the running of the country.

We celebrate our victories and independence day fully. I am sick so I do not celebrate it with as much josh as I did before but only a minority of patriotic Pakistanis do not celebrate it. I do not believe Muhajir was a right word for us to call ourselves and I discussed this in the thread. It is good you are patriotic at least and do not support Altaf's horrid little speech. When a leader calls partition a mistake we know 1971 can happen again... especially with you people's support to this horrid person. Our families deflect blame but they acting like ruffians when they came to Pakistan expecting it all easy.

Hazara province: Parties reject commission, demand referendum

ABBOTABAD:

Leaders of pro-Hazara political parties have objected to the commission formed to report on the creation of new provinces in the country and demanded a referendum on the issue.

Speaking to the media on Saturday, Hazara Qaumi Mahaz (HQM) Chairman Advocate Qazi Muhammad Azhar, senior leader of Hazara Awami Ittehad Advocate Mushtaq Khan, and Naseer Khan Jadoon of Shuhada-e-Hazara party rejected the formation of the commission and termed it unconstitutional.

They said the commission should have discussed the creation of all the provinces, including Hazara province, instead of only focusing on Bahawalpur in South Punjab.

“This lopsided approach of the so called commission has made it controversial and unconstitutional,” said Qazi Azhar, adding that it has sown the seeds of hatred and bitterness among the people of the country.

Qazi said that the demand for the creation of Hazara province was first raised during the early 1980s by HQM, but despite the many sacrifices of the Hazara people, the rulers denied them of their right of a separate province.

Hazara Awami Ittehad leader Mumtaz Khan criticised Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid’s leadership for “cheating” the people. “Two years ago, when the movement for a Hazara province was at its peak, the Chaudhrys of Gujarat promised to gift the province to the people. But it never materialised because they struck deals for ministries, rather than for the rights of 10 million Hazaras.”

Meanwhile, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) provincial president for Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) also pledged support for the creation of a Hazara province.

Addressing a gathering at the Peshawar Press Club, Anwar Saifullah Khan said a referendum should be held to decide over the creation of the new province, adding that three provinces should also be carved out of Punjab.

Hinting at his desire to head K-P, Saifullah said he and his family have always served the people and the country’s populace has also reposed their trust in them. “Our people need a competent leader and I present a leader who can deliver.”

He said K-P was one of Pakistan’s richest provinces in natural resources. However, these resources could not be fully utilised due to deteriorating law and order, added Saifullah.

It should be done to break the Punjabi bias.

You have more provinces than us, with worse names, so kindly take a hike

So good to be home again, Nagpur and Harayana were disgusting, people peeing on the road, eww, what a disgusting place it was, good thing that idiots actually bought a lot of stuff and funded Pakistan with their stupid choice :D

Hey good that you got nice business in India and took interest on the men peeing. I am from Haryana. Had you just dropped a line on this forum, we could have helped you seeing just more than the peeing.

Now that you are back home. Be careful when moving out of the house. Those are different kind of guns in the open. Do not take too much interest in them. They are not for harmless peeing. And now do not go all green on me eh!

Lahore-via-Kuwait. I do not think that using BJP as a name for a province in Pakistan is very puritanical. If it is too complicated in Urdu toh arabic, persian, turkish mar gayi hai kya? chinese main bhi kaafi options hain. unhe aajmaayen aap. yeh BJP kaisa naam rakha gaya hai?

Yaar , Armstrong bhai, yahan muhib e watan Pakistani bohot kam hain aur aisa lagta hey jese har party ya group of people kisi aur hi mulk k agenda ku support krta hey, Uper se ju sachay muhib watan the(F.a.t.a wale) un pr humne khud bomb barsaye, opperation krwaye aur ek fazol dushmani mool li, aab ethinic fasad krwana chah rahe hain , Pakistan ka esay halaat me ALLAH hi hafiz hey...

Arey bhai, woh sab log jo alag suba chahte hain, woh apna apna agenda follow kar rahe hain. har woh insaan jo naye subo ki himayat karta hai, unhe gaddar na kahen aap. ab punjab se alag hone mein kaunsa pakistan se alag hona chahte hain bechare? sirf punjab hee pakistan nahin hai.

ISLAMABAD: The people living in areas proposed to be the part of Bahawalpur Janoobi Punjab (BJP) will have a unique opportunity to approach two separate high courts for resolution of their legal disputes if the report of the controversial parliamentary commission is adopted by parliament as it is.

The draft of the constitutional amendment bill attached to the report of the commission laid before the National Assembly on Friday shows a lacuna—the omission of an important article about functioning of provincial high courts which requires an amendment to give effect to the proposal of creating a new province.

The commission suggested nine amendments to six articles of the Constitution, but made no mention of Article 198(3), which states that “the Lahore High Court (LHC) shall have a bench each at Bahawalpur, Multan and Rawalpindi”.

Constitutional experts said if Article 198(3) was not amended, the benches of the LHC would continue to function in Bahawalpur and Multan. This would cause an anomaly since a province cannot house two high courts simultaneously.

When attention of PML-N Senator Syed Zafar Ali Shah was drawn towards this omission, he said this showed that the report had been prepared in haste. He said the PML-N believed that the commission was illegal and unconstitutional and its report had no significance.

Mr Shah said the commission had also left a number of other important matters unresolved, making it impossible to even create the province suggested by it.

He said the PPP government was not sincere and serious in carving out new provinces and was doing all this as an ‘election stunt’.

Chairman of the commission, Farhatullah Babar, admitted that Article 198 need to be amended, but termed the omission in its report a ‘non-issue’.

He said the article could be amended whenever the amendment bill seeking creation of the province was voted upon.

The parliamentary commission in its report suggested creation of a new province to be called ‘Bahawalpur Janoobi Punjab’ comprising Multan, Bahawalpur and Dera Gazi Khan divisions and Bhakkar and Mianwali districts.

The commission report says that Articles 1, 51, 59, 106, 175-A and 218 “would require amendment in order to give effect to the proposal of creating the new province of BJP from the existing province of the Punjab.”

The name of the new province will become a part of the Constitution through amending Article 1 titled “the republic and its territories”.

The changes in the composition of National and provincial assemblies will be made in the Constitution through amendments to Articles 51 and 106.

The draft of the bill suggests that the provincial assembly of the proposed province will comprise 123 members – 98 general and 25 reserved seats for women and minorities. The province will be represented by 59 members–47 general and 12 reserved seats—in the 342-member National Assembly.

It says the representation of the present Punjab in the National Assembly will be reduced from 183 to 124 whereas the present 371-member Punjab Assembly will be reduced to a 248-member house after its division into two provinces.

The draft bill also suggests amendment to Article 59 of the Constitution, which deals with composition of Senate and where every province has equal representation.

At present, the Senate consists of 104 members – 23 from each province, eight from Fata and four from Islamabad. After addition of 23 seats from Bahawalpur Janoobi Punjab, the Senate seats will increase to 127.

In order to establish a high court in the new province, the parliamentary commission has suggested amendment to Article 175-A which deals with the “appointment of judges to the Supreme Court, high courts and the Federal Shariat Court”.

Similarly, the parliamentary commission has also suggested amendment to Article 218 of the Constitution which deals with the composition and functions of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).

The new province will also be represented by a member in the ECP, thus the number of the members will increase to five from existing four members.

New province to have two high courts? | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another one in the long list of farces by this PPP government. What in the world is the need to do this hastily and make a hundred mistakes in the process? This will create alot of loopholes and constitutional mistakes which can then come back to haunt us in the future.

The biggest fear I have is the mentality of the people. The PPP government constantly ingrains this mentality of 'mazlumiyat' (which is kind of a party manifesto for PPP) into the people of South Punjab, sure they are not given proper funds and all, but things aren't that bad and it is the rulers themselves who are creating problems.

If a new province is made, the people from the new province might be then looking for a sort of a revenge and have a mindset that the Upper Punjabis exploited us and whatnot, and might have a hostile mindset toward the Upper Punjab.

I don't see Junagarh or Kashmir anywhere. Even gilgit baltistan is not included in the division map making it clear its incomplete. We also claim hyderabad and lucknow.

Will we get them back? No. Its no use crying over what happened long ago.

Is that lotus right to the Sind in both maps. :lol:

Its only an election ploy by PPP and PPP would not support the creation of Two provinces because
1- Its vote bank in Punjab already lies in Southern Punjab where Vadera and Peer culture already helps PPP bag seats.
2- The only real gain for PPP is to bag vote-bank from Bahawalpur. Which would give them an edge in senate since all provinces get equal representation in senate because it would have majority in combined province and thus benefit in senate and legislature.. However, if Bahawalpur is reinstated, it would result in nothing for PPP since PPP's official stance has always been on creating only one bigger province which would give them edge. So PPP's position from all over punjab in senate would, in fact, dilute from current scenario.
3- As far as those who think this would dilute the Punjabi dominence, it would fact increase it
here is simple math
Current Senate seats for provinces= 14*4=64
Sindh=14
KPK=14
Punjab=14
Balochistan=14
Add new provinces
64/6~ 11 seats
Now
Sind=11 (Loses 3)
KPK=11 (Loses 3)
Balochistan= 11(Loses 3)
N Punjab=11 (loses 3)
Bahalwalpur= 11( Gains 11)
South Punjab= 11 (Gains 11)

Now lets net the losses
Sindh (Net loss of 3)
KPK (Net loss of 3)
Balochistan (Net loss of 3)
All Punjabs ( Net gain of 18)

Political gains for PPP, PTI and PMLN n may be Q since all the seats in new assemblies would be ultimately devided into these provinces

Fedral Qoutas would see little changes since population distribution would not suffer greatly for other three provinces. In fact, it may end all current four losing qouta shares.

I dont know when ANP and MQM dont have any presence in these regions, what would they be getting out of this....?

Back
Top Bottom