What's new

Birds Eye View

Here is another first, picture taken from inside the rear quarters of an IL-78, showing a Mirage IIIDP from No 27 Squadron hooked up and taking fuel.

image001-4.jpg

Courtesy: Alan Warnes.

Looking at other pictures of aerial refuling of Mirages by IL78, Receiving Mirages are quite far behind the tanker, and the angle shown in the first pic cant be from an IL78, it has to be from other mirage. My two cents, but I can be totally wrong on this.

Looking at other pictures of aerial refuling of Mirages by IL78, Receiving Mirages are quite far behind the tanker, and the angle shown in the first pic cant be from an IL78, it has to be from other mirage. My two cents, but I can be totally wrong on this.

The picture was taken from the rear station of the IL-78, one can compare the angle with an other image shot from a distance, it's worth noting that since the refueling pipes are flexible, the thirsty aircraft doesn't need to be at the stretch end of the basket.
image001-4.jpg

PAF%2BAIR%2BTO%2BAIR%2BREFUELING%2BIL-78%2BMIRAGE.jpg

So, it would not be wildly speculative to suggest that these Mirage and their mission is really to train, as these aircraft will or should be replaced - and yet we have not, to the best of my knowledge, other aircraft (JFT) which have been fitted with the IFR probe

So, it would not be wildly speculative to suggest that these Mirage and their mission is really to train, as these aircraft will or should be replaced - and yet we have not, to the best of my knowledge, other aircraft (JFT) which have been fitted with the IFR probe

muse - all ROSE Mirages are going to be fitted with IFR and will serve with the airforce for a few more years (~54 examples)

as the JFT numbers increase, they will be next in line for the IFR system.

all MLU F-16s and the newer Blk-52s are factory-fitted with a different refuelling system which requires a US manufactured tanker (KC-135 as an example)

The pictures I posted with kind courtesy of Alan Warnes, I felt were due to the water marks not showing their true finesse, hence I requested Alan if he would kindly shift the endorsement so as not to hinder the main image. The true gentleman he is, Alan was kind enough to shift the water marks to one side and post the pix, however I am having some bother in editing the earlier posts, anyways, enjoy the double take.

IMG_2122-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

IMG_2733-1.jpg

the nose of this jf-17 Thunder in the picture shown is comparatively larger than the nose of the j f - 17 Thunder which is being inducted in P.a.f. recently ... anybody who can explain that ??

by the way , this particular j f - 17 Thunder with the larger nose as shown in picture , looks much more smart and beautifull ...

The pictures I posted with kind courtesy of Alan Warnes, I felt were due to the water marks not showing their true finesse, hence I requested Alan if he would kindly shift the endorsement so as not to hinder the main image. The true gentleman he is, Alan was kind enough to shift the water marks to one side and post the pix, however I am having some bother in editing the earlier posts, anyways, enjoy the double take.

IMG_2122-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

IMG_2733-1.jpg

Am I the only one who thinksthe eair intake has undergone considerable changes or is it me just drunk?

It is the same old DSI intake, but has been plugged or covered, I'm assuming to protect the engine.

I agree, I am a big fan of the cfts, plus we apparently have hundreds of amraams sitting somewhere, and the sd-10 should be operational by now but we have no pics of either missile in PAF service, talk about secrecy.

Back
Top Bottom