What's new

Bhagat Singh’s birthday marked at Shadman Chowk -Lahore

Read again i said his creed killed many innocent Muslims during partition as they tried to make it to Pakistan.

Let me ask you mate, just because some terrorists who follow Islam kill people makes all the Muslims terrorists? I mean by your logic, its okay to call every Muslim people like that right?

It seems my assumption was wrong, the thread is going as per the OP's intentions.

Anyway, a couple of bomb blasts in that place will help reality to sink in faster.

thats not very fckn nice of you .. you wish bomb attacks for us what do expect in return flowers .. i see the reason why hate exists on both sides

thats not very fckn nice of you .. you wish bomb attacks for us what do expect in return flowers .. i see the reason why hate exists on both sides

I don't wish anything, but if people are in general not happy with this then a bomb attack might become a reality there. So far bomb blasts remained the most effective form of protest in Pakistan. If they don't hesitate to bomb mosques and schools, Bhagat Singh's place of martyrdom shouldn't be a big deal.

And I was fckn nice till the time I realized your purpose of opening this thread was to malign a great soul.

I don't wish anything, but if people are in general not happy with this then a bomb attack might become a reality there. So far bomb blasts remained the most effective form of protest in Pakistan. If they don't hesitate to bomb mosques and schools, Bhagat Singh's place of martyrdom shouldn't be a big deal.

And I was fckn nice till the time I realized your purpose of opening this thread was to malign a great soul.

you assumption is wrong i didn't malign or offended or intent to offend his soul nor the 300 hundred who stood by his place of martyrdom demanding change of name. Also you seem confused that bomb blasts are a form of protest its terrorism

Bhagat Singh had been caught but Hafiz Saeed is too smart & Indian agencies are dumb just becuase Saeed is Ghazi :lol:

Why do Saeed need to face Indian courts ... Could India arrest him ... If not then India is incompetent whereas British agencies were too smart ... They had caught him & given him capital sentence .............

British government occupied to India regardless religion ... So all Indian were struggle to get rid of Brit govt jointly ... But India has occupied to Muslim in Kashmir ... So this struggle is based on religion ...........

Frankly, it is laughable that you call to one a freedom fighter ... And call to another terrorist......???

I wonder what is worse here - the grasp of history or the grammar. Mainly because Bhagat Singh voluntarily surrendered. He decided to face the courts because of what he believed in. Anyhow, it is your country - you could compare Hafiz Saeed to Abraham Lincoln if you want. The world will still laugh at you just as it does now.

Ask these civil society, so called liberals do they know about Pakistan history? The heroes of movement of Pakistan? I dont think they will know anything.

Beta kehna baap ko .... Just mind your language ..............

Har koi jo aap ko beta kahe.....wo baap nahi ho jaata miya.....don't mind.....whatever rhetoric....I never take it or give back personally.....chill

Freedom fighter: Bhagat Singh’s birthday marked at Shadman Chowk

610938-Freedomfighter-1380393738-595-640x480.JPG

By Hassan NaqviPublished: September 29, 2013
Share this articlePrint this page Email

Civil society members have been trying to get the chowk named after him.
LAHORE:
“Bhagat Singh gave his life for the cause of restoring power to the people…we need more people like him today,” Baba Najmi, a Punjabi poet, said at the celebration of Bhagat Singh’s 107th birthday at Shadman Chowk on Saturday.
Nearly 300 people gathered where Bhagat Singh was hanged on March 23, 1931.
They cut a cake and held a vigil in his memory chanting “We want freedom!” and “Freedom is our right”.
Writer Farrukh Sohail Goindi said Bhagat Singh’s birthday was an important event for the working classes of the Indo-Pak subcontinent. “Today we are fighting against the feudal system to establish a people’s democracy,” he said.
Abdullah Malik, another participant, said, “We want the government to name the Shadman Chowk after Bhagat Singh as a tribute to the great freedom fighter.”

The city government had decided to re-name Fawara Chowk to Bhaghat Singh Chowk in October 2012. The plan, however, was put on hold after the report of renaming drew objections and a group opposed to it held a protest demonstration.

Tehreek-i-Hurmat-i-Rasool member and Shadman traders’ Union president Zahid Butt challenged the move in the Lahore High Court. The court then restrained the city government from issuing an official notification in this regard. The hearing of the case has yet to conclude.

Bhagat Singh is an icon for the youth, said Samia Ali, a student at the Lahore School of Economics. “He taught the youth to fight for what was right without fear and to never give up,” she said, “This is why I came here today with my family…to pay tribute to the great shaheed.”
Bhagat Singh is an inspiration for the working classes, said Muhammad Abbas.

“Bhagat Singh was important in the movement against the British Raj. We want a similar revolution to establish a people’s democracy in which our rulers don’t play second fiddle to the whims of superpowers,” said Akbar Khan, a UET student.
Bhagat Singh was born on September 28, 1907. He was hanged on March 23, 1931
Published in The Express Tribune, September 29th, 2013

and then they will go drink desai cola......seems theya re high on this....

I think you are ashamed to be a Pakistani that's why you always try to condemn to us ... Infact we are not against Bhagat Singh ... Everyone who had participated in fighting for freedom is respectable ... Whether he was Hindu, Sikh, Christian or Muslim ... But this is the thing to do realize to Indian mates that's freedom fighter are not by choice ... Everyone who struggles against one's illegal occupation & whole nation back to him, he is a freedom fighter not a terrorist ............

Read the "some" first before going on a rant. And yes, I am ashamed of "some" Pakistanis. After all, do all the Saudis love Bin Laden? or some do? Do all Pakistanis support the TTP or some do?
Or are you still proud of those that support the likes of TTP and JUndullah?

Bhagat Singh was a fool, and should not be respected by Pakistanis. He may have died in 1931 but it is almost certain that if bhagat singh was around in 1940s, he would have been strongly against partition. If there was no partition then for the muslims, there was not much point in getting rid of the british raj.

Infact, i would argue that the British Raj was a good thing for the muslims in sub-continent because by the time of Bahadur Shah Zafar in 1850s, the Mughals were at their weakest and their decline had become inevitable.
If the british had not taken control of the sub-continent, then the Hindu Marathas in western india and sikhs in punjab would have become dominant force all over sub-continent and Muslims would have been forced to live under their Hindu Raj. I think that would have been even more disastrous for the muslims than the white man's British raj?

The British raj filled that power vacuum at a crucial time in history, and allowed the muslims to regroup first under Sir Syed Ahmad khan's leadership, who worked for the educational upliftment of muslims in the late 1800s. And later the Quaid-e-Azam's muslim league fought to ensure that muslims have Pakistan and the hindu baniyas don't rule over the entire sub-continent

If bhagat singh was around in the 1940s, he would have been strongly against partition, and that is why this fool can never be respected by pakistanis.

Read the "some" first before going on a rant. And yes, I am ashamed of "some" Pakistanis. After all, do all the Saudis love Bin Laden? or some do? Do all Pakistanis support the TTP or some do?
Or are you still proud of those that support the likes of TTP and JUndullah?

Our debate was regarding freedom fighter & terrorist not TTP ...TTP & all Jundullah type groups are terrorists ... All Pakistanis think same about them ... Do you think them freedom fighters.....??

Our debate was regarding freedom fighter & terrorist not TTP ...TTP & all Jundullah type groups are terrorists ... All Pakistanis think same about them ... Do you think them freedom fighters.....??

I asked you that question in regards to your labelling my comment as for all, so not sure what you wish by asking the same question again. However, there are those that think the TTP and Jundullah as freedom fighters or good guys and not terrorists. Would you consider yourself proud of them? Would you think Indians being proud of the rape incidents or those that do blame it one the women and not the men? The objective of the statement was to demonstrate the presence of the minority that is the object of my disdain and not semantics on TTP, Freedom fighters or terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom