What's new

Bhagat Singh’s birthday marked at Shadman Chowk -Lahore

image.png

Let some baneiyas read his comment, you will get it madam leon

Wroora sta ta sharam na razi, i am surprised you a pukhtoon considred them Pakistanis.

lol,because they are not muslims they cant be termed Pakistanis?

brother to me a pakistani hindu is much more closer than a indian muslim

malgarya tell me for what fcking purpose we have this white strip in our country flag?

I dunno why we're commemorating Singh with such fervor ?

Was his heart in the right place - Indeed it was !

But he murdered Saunders to avenge a crime that the poor police officer didn't commit !

Singh should be remebered as an ethusiastic revolutionary who held on his beliefs with conviction & wanted a better world for the rest of us, as he defined it to be but his misguided actions should be condemned in the same sentence !

We don't know your version or the true version, if he was a freedom fighter then as i said hafiz saeed is a legend.

Only the ones east of the border the west of the border are my brothers.

Ya heard modern day terrorist in the name of religion consider Hafiz saeed as a legend.!! :P I dont care, whoever cares!! I didnt abuse Shri. Hafiz Ji in this thread, so it was useless of u for compare both of them in different time era. 'Secondly, Hafiz is still alive, not a martyr!

Only a Muslim can be a shaheed, rests suck shaft in hell, he may had links to Punjab and its people but Pakistan is a very diverse and big country and not everyone cares about a ignorant criminal Punjabi Sikh.
yeah you are absolutely correct on this matter,a Dharmic person can't be termed as Shaheed because it's an alien concept which has no connection with our Dharmic roots!if a Dharmic person lay down his/her life in the line of duty then we believe he/she has attained "Veer Gati"(destination of the braves which is heaven of course)!a true Dharmic person will never ever get associated with the term "Shaheed" as it's an Arab term with no apparent connection with our Dharmic culture because to us any person who is not Dharmic by birth is by default a Mlechcha(untouchable) and is destined to go to "Narak" or Hell after his/her death!!

Saeed is better.
of course he is!he is a better coward who will most probably p#ss in his pants even if he stands face to face with an insignificant Indian like me!he has literally re-defined the concept of being a coward in the recent history of the sub-continent.no wonder why pakistan is struck in the present condition as educated people of the pakistani society you openly support people like hafiz said who is nothing more than a religious pervert/nutjob!!

Freedom fighter: Bhagat Singh’s birthday marked at Shadman Chowk

610938-Freedomfighter-1380393738-595-640x480.JPG

By Hassan NaqviPublished: September 29, 2013
Share this articlePrint this page Email

Civil society members have been trying to get the chowk named after him.
LAHORE:
“Bhagat Singh gave his life for the cause of restoring power to the people…we need more people like him today,” Baba Najmi, a Punjabi poet, said at the celebration of Bhagat Singh’s 107th birthday at Shadman Chowk on Saturday.
Nearly 300 people gathered where Bhagat Singh was hanged on March 23, 1931.
They cut a cake and held a vigil in his memory chanting “We want freedom!” and “Freedom is our right”.
Writer Farrukh Sohail Goindi said Bhagat Singh’s birthday was an important event for the working classes of the Indo-Pak subcontinent. “Today we are fighting against the feudal system to establish a people’s democracy,” he said.
Abdullah Malik, another participant, said, “We want the government to name the Shadman Chowk after Bhagat Singh as a tribute to the great freedom fighter.”

The city government had decided to re-name Fawara Chowk to Bhaghat Singh Chowk in October 2012. The plan, however, was put on hold after the report of renaming drew objections and a group opposed to it held a protest demonstration.

Tehreek-i-Hurmat-i-Rasool member and Shadman traders’ Union president Zahid Butt challenged the move in the Lahore High Court. The court then restrained the city government from issuing an official notification in this regard. The hearing of the case has yet to conclude.

Bhagat Singh is an icon for the youth, said Samia Ali, a student at the Lahore School of Economics. “He taught the youth to fight for what was right without fear and to never give up,” she said, “This is why I came here today with my family…to pay tribute to the great shaheed.”
Bhagat Singh is an inspiration for the working classes, said Muhammad Abbas.

“Bhagat Singh was important in the movement against the British Raj. We want a similar revolution to establish a people’s democracy in which our rulers don’t play second fiddle to the whims of superpowers,” said Akbar Khan, a UET student.
Bhagat Singh was born on September 28, 1907. He was hanged on March 23, 1931
Published in The Express Tribune, September 29th, 2013

I don't know your intention for opening this thread, but most likely the intention was good. Now you have seen the result; I would request you never to post any such thread involving non-muslim freedom fighters or any respected soul who came from "Indian part" of the undivided India. This is not the right forum for such topics.

Back
Top Bottom