What's new

Beijing restaurant’s xenophobic sign ignites online fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the owner is not stupid as you guys are saying, in fact he is a very excellent marketer.
:tup:
He is just thinking of attracting local people who dislike japanese, vietnamese and philippines.
:pop:

Even if that was the motivation, that there are enough people around the area that view Vietnamese, Philipino, and Japanese citizens as such as to make the owner think this will be good marketing and increase business...Well that's an even bigger problem and an even bigger shame for China rather than it being one racist restaurant owner.

Kinda surprised, the restaurant had nothing against Indians

Even if that was the motivation, that there are enough people around the area that view Vietnamese, Philipino, and Japanese citizens as such as to make the owner think this will be good marketing and increase business...Well that's an even bigger problem and an even bigger shame for China rather than it being one racist restaurant owner.

No I mean nations don't need to LOVE :smitten: each other to live in peace.
there are always some likes and dislikes among nations but that doesn't mean they are at war or something (just saying). But these feelings should not be abused to insult a nation of course.
:drag:

Kinda surprised, the restaurant had nothing against Indians
Historically the hans and hindus co-existed peacefully like brothers. last 50 - 70 years we had a bad period which hopefully is gonna die out.

The picture is very racist. Thats why they removed it from the restaurant. So, why you make this small inicident (one of millions of restaurants in china) to a big deal? Its like u are activly searching every provocation to let it escalate, even this one...

Btw its a shame how the restaurant owner exploits the conflics to get attention:disagree:

Sometimes I feel that Racism and xenophobia is a national sport of East Asian countries

Signs from japan

akihabara1.jpg

nakano_maid_sign02.jpg

Korean Sign

kboycott.jpg

and in a Hilarious flip, a sign in Russia town in a city in Korea.

Sorry-No-koreans-Allowed.jpg

What is it with you people and these signs? :woot:

Well I guess that is kinda not that bizarre in East Asian countries that are pretty ethnically homogenous.

Rusty,

I guess a lot of us are racist gits.

tumblr_llkehwJ3Yj1qbahqt.gif

I have difficulties to name this as racism and xenophobia.

Chinese Han genes (the Y chromosom haplotypes O3, O2a and O2b) occur 30% in Koreans, 20% in Japanese and maybe 30-40% in Vietnamese. We are the same race. Racism has been referred to as discrimination based on skin colors or eye colors or physical features.

The slogan is not against all foreigners. Even a Han Chinese walking with a dog will not be allowed to dine in the place.

What's the point to be so sensitive? It's just a person's political choice, good or bad.

It seemed to me that the owner is burning your national flag in front of your eyes, as you guys have done it beforehands to China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom