What's new

Be Pakistani ... Buy Pakistani !

New Recruit

Reaction score
Some years ago, we used to hear this phrase quite often. It even made its way to some text books of Social Studies. I happened to study one of these text books when I was young.

I truly believe, that this is the age of manipulation through economy. Business and money has always been a strong factor in world politics, but it is the strongest today.

We must understand that, as long as we keep using imported products, may it be general house hold items, or military equipment, we will not be able to rise above all. Other countries will keep manipulating us economically and politically.

What I mean to say is, we should slowly and gradually, start using 100% Pakistani made things in our homes, offices, industries and military. This will be a slow, and very difficult process, but will bear fruit in due time.

Some of the products from Pakistan are low in quality. They will be low in quality in the start. Take the example of the first locally produced car, the Adam REVO. The quality of the first model was not good. But still, we should have bought the cars. This would have generated money for the company, and also raised their morale. Slowly and gradually the quality of cars would improve.

Yes, Pakistan is taking steps in this direction. But I believe that we have been quite slow. If we see the economies of Singapore, South Korea and Dubai, we will have an idea what pace we have to make.

What do you say ... ?

Last edited:
Its the age of branding the globalization is not allowing us to -follow this path neither it work outlike this .

for a good economy to run - we have to keep a balance - between import and export ofcourse its good to have everything of your own, but its almost impossible.

@imran khan

This is really great. I believe that we should even use Pakistani made toothpaste in our homes.

What @duhastmish, is also very true.

So, I think some top experts should sit down and develop a strategy on how to keep a balance.

But at least for military equipment, we should try to make 100% equipment ourselves.

What do you say ... ?

I wear Pakistani designer clothes (export quality..hehe:D),Pakistani shoes, I eat fresh seasonal fruits always available here but I'm sholly I have to buy those tinned pineapple slices imported from Malaysia cause its really a hard time buying a pineapple and peeling,cutting it at home.All the other household products like detergent, laundry products,Kitchen utensils,err...matchbox, television, refrigrator..everything's made in Pakistan:enjoy:

Well i want to ask a question to fellow Pakistani members here
I have a Pakistani friend who says that the leather clothing manufacturing industry in sialkot has been closed/about to close down because of too much influx of cheap chinese leather/rexine goods.

As the Chinese leather/rexine is cheap people buy it and avoid the hand made leather goods that are made by the local manufacturer

And as result the local manufacturing industry has gone down and is in a bad shape.

The same with the tire,automobile,cellphone and textile industry.

Is this true.
Why can't the GOP issue a tax or a limit in importing of Chinese goods in that case.
This is having serious effect Pakistani economy.

If I am wrong please let me know as i have heard this from a Pakistani friend of mine.He is from sialkot.
Just wanted to confirm.
No offense meant

well I got married to a Pakistani girl and for that I stick with be Pakistani and marry a Pakistani, but for other goods you hardly find any top quality product localy manufactured in Pakistan. They export them all.

No quality checks nothing else. everybody is making everyone else fool and these multinational companies making billions from us on cheap quality products.

First we make Pakistani people realize that how important is buying your own local product in order to support your local economy. But at the same time we must make sure that these company must stop fooling us around.

Its partly true but the leather market is not totally lost yet. Benelux, Germany and France are still flooded with Pakistani leather products.

Faisalabad btw is the center of leather industry, not Sialkot. :coffee:

well I got married to a Pakistani girl and for that I stick with be Pakistani and marry a Pakistani

shaadi pakistani se hi karoon gi acha:P

Its partly true but the leather market is not totally lost yet. Benelux, Germany and France are still flooded with Pakistani leather products.

Faisalabad btw is the center of leather industry, not Sialkot. :coffee:

Neo, sialkot is the hub of Pakistani leather exports not faisalabad, as it is more in bed linnens and cotton textiles. Faisalabad also has the largest cotton trading market in Asia called 'Sutter mandi'.

here is saudia arbia garments flooded by pakistan.even in hospitals i see made in pakistan garments use by saudi health department.

Pakistani potato and onion you get even in india i guess. i dotn understand - why didnt raw realize they might be having - nano robots who are possessing the indians.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom