What's new

Battles of 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fought against your cruelty, and India or Hindus had no role in that except Indian army participation in December 1971.
These kind of comment is exactly what breeds bad blood. It is not necessary to put down India's contribution just to highlight the glory of Mukti Bahinis. It just throws your credibility as a 'student' of history, right down the pooper.

It is also sick that you think 'Hindus' had no role in your freedom struggle.

I think, the readers of my previous post deserve an explanation for my comment about Hindu freedom fighters. 10 million Hindus fled to India from east Pakistan, but proportionately very few of them fought in 1971. This is history. My very intimate friend Debabrata Roy and some others fought in the war. But, the number of Hindu fighters were low. The reason may be that they were seeking to domicile in India.

I am stating this fact mostly on this context that some Pakistanis and our Razakar Gaddars here in this forum always blame India and our Hindus for the war. This was far from reality. It was the majority muslim population that were offended, who then took arms to fight the invaders. No offence was intended to our Hindus.

Eastwatch,in my opinion,many hindus fled to India as they were the main targets of the brutal pak army along with their educated muslim (bangladeshi) brothers.....what can one do when some are solely targetted due to their religion??....they fled to save their lives,and that of their younger generations.....and many muslims also helped them in fleding,as they cared for their fellow bengali brothers......bd-s showed their spirit as an secular nation from that particular point of time,as people build a nation..,.and most bengalis represent secularity.....i salute those great muslims/bengalis.

3 million means a 11,538 people for each of the 260 days that the war continued. Why some people have to argue for 3 million, I just do not understand.

It means (11538 x 260) = 29,99,880. Which is around 30,00,000 and claimed by some people!

LETTERS OF 1971
A 6th letter, from freedom fighter Md. Khorshed Alam to his mother Rahela Khatun. He wrote this letter on April 24, 1971.

Mother,

Pray for me. Your son is now seeking revenge for the blood of your other sons. The barbaric Pak army is continuously killing the children of this soil. We cannot keep silent when the enemy is dishonouring us. This is why thousands and thousands of these children have jumped up to free this country.

Your son is just a negligible participnt in that war. I pray to Rahmanur Rahim Allahu Taa'la that these sons would kill the Pakistani warmongers and establish a sovereign and independent country. The name will be Bangladesh, the golden Bengal. So many heroes have already died for this country. We will not let the blood of those Shahids fail, we will certainly free this country. Victory will be ouirs. Pray for us so that we can win the war and come back. Al-bida.

Your son

Khorshed

Last edited:
These kind of comment is exactly what breeds bad blood. It is not necessary to put down India's contribution just to highlight the glory of Mukti Bahinis. It just throws your credibility as a 'student' of history, right down the pooper.

I will not separate the hindu from muslim in our liberation war and there is no need to play down the indian role either. but fact is
there were very few hindu freedom fighter but major brutality of Pakistani army was against the hindus.

time already told who is enemy and who is not, would like to see the BD like PAK is today?

Stop running fancy minds ...

Idune, have you read the book named 'Deshe Bideshe' written by Syed Mujtoba Ali on his days in Afghanistan? He wrote one LATIFA (Chutki) somewhere in that famous book. I request Pathans not to take offence by this latifa.

Three Pathans worked whole day and earned a total of 13 rupees. Near the bank of a small river they were trying their best to divide the money equally. After all their efforts they failed to do so. Then they saw a Hindu Beniya walking at a distance on the other side of the canal.

The Pathans shouted at him to stop and come to their side to do the accounting. The Beniya refused to do so. He said, "I am busy now. So, tell me what is the problem?" They elaborated the problem and the Beniya Hindu being educated divided the money equally in rupee, ana, paisa and kouri.

When the Pathans found that all of them were having the same amount of money, they started to think that the Hindu must be a MAGICIAN. If he could divide the money without even seeing it, then it is also possible that he used his magic to steal part of the money as well. They ran after the Beniya, but he fled away.

This is how you are describing the Pak situation. When Pakistan's misadventure into Afghanistan through Taliban failed, now people like you are thinking that India is a magician and all the Pakistani setbacks are India's doing. But, why to blame others when your own hand slaps your own face?

Do not worry about our BD. A mother who gives birth to a child is always there to protect him. So, we do not ask you to participate against Indian assault, if this is what you mean, in the future. Just do not become a Razakar again, our country will remain safe.

Last edited:
LETTERS OF 1971
A 5th letter, from freedom fighter Md. Khorshed Alam to his mother Rahela Khatun. He wrote this letter on April 24, 1971.

Mother,

Pray for me. Your son is now seeking revenge for the blood of your other sons. The barbaric Pak army is continuously killing the children of this soil. We cannot keep silent when the enemy is dishonouring us. This is why thousands and thousands of these children have jumped up to free this country.

Your son is just a negligible participnt in that war. I pray to Rahmanur Rahim Allahu Taa'la that these sons would kill the Pakistani warmongers and establish a sovereign and independent country. The name will be Bangladesh, the golden Bengal. So many heroes have already died for this country. We will not let the blood of those Shahids fail, we will certainly free this country. Victory will be ouirs. Pray for us so that we can win the war and come back. Al-bida.

Your son

Khorshed

I guess it is the helper in ‘freedom fight’ who is killing innocent children of the soil from 40 years. It really shows the gains of this so called freedom. If Rashid Minhas were in place of Muti-ur-Rehman I would still consider Rashid Minhas a traitor. The real freedom fighters of Bengal were those who led their lives for Pakistan, made sacrifices for the land of Muslims.

I guess it is the helper in ‘freedom fight’ who is killing innocent children of the soil from 40 years. It really shows the gains of this so called freedom. If Rashid Minhas were in place of Muti-ur-Rehman I would still consider Rashid Minhas a traitor. The real freedom fighters of Bengal were those who led their lives for Pakistan, made sacrifices for the land of Muslims.

I salute both Rashid Minhas and Motiur Rahman as they faught a holy war from their own point of view. But we are talking about autrocities commited outside the battle zone and on unarmed civilians which made most of the freedom fighters to take up arms.

This is how you are describing the Pak situation. When Pakistan's misadventure into Afghanistan through Taliban failed, now people like you are thinking that India is a magfician and all the Pakistani setbacks are India's doing. But, why to blame others when your own hand slaps your own face?

You know nothing about what is happening in Pakistan. If you believe that India was not behind the brutality of 1971, it’s your views. Similarly you do not have any right to teach us that Taliban are fighting against us and there is no Indian hand involved.

Mind your own business if you can’t see the truth and cannot support your ex country which still wants your betterment.

I salute both Rashid Minhas and Motiur Rahman as they faught a holy war from their own point of view. But we are talking about autrocities commited outside the battle zone and on unarmed civilians which made most of the freedom fighters to take up arms.

No you can’t salute both of them. Ask any Aalim what he would call a Muslim who wants his Muslim brother to become a slave of Non-Muslim army.

Eastwatch,in my opinion,many hindus fled to India as they were the main targets of the brutal pak army along with their educated muslim (bangladeshi) brothers.....what can one do when some are solely targetted due to their religion??....they fled to save their lives,and that of their younger generations.....and many muslims also helped them in fleding,as they cared for their fellow bengali brothers......bd-s showed their spirit as an secular nation from that particular point of time,as people build a nation..,.and most bengalis represent secularity.....i salute those great muslims/bengalis.

Remember the event of Direct Action Day and you come to know the secularism of Bengali Muslims. Bengal is Muslim and you could not make it your slave by your conspiracies.

No you can’t salute both of them. Ask any Aalim what he would call a Muslim who wants his Muslim brother to become a slave of Non-Muslim army.

That is a irrational logic. In a lot of battle muslim army faught side by side with non muslim army. And nobody is slave to anybody.

Remember the event of Direct Action Day and you come to know the secularism of Bengali Muslims. Bengal is Muslim and you could not make it your slave by your conspiracies.

Hey.. Who told you Bengalis are angels?? We live, we learn, we purify.. That is how it should be. Aint it?

That is a irrational logic. In a lot of battle muslim army faught side by side with non muslim army. And nobody is slave to anybody.

Mutiur Rehman was taking Rashid Minhas to India so that Indians could show him to the world as a POW. I don’t know what makes you think this is right by any means. I know only one thing Pakistan is not your enemy neither it was. So stop hating Pakistan and lets forgive each other. Remembering these bitter events will only give chance to our common enemy to laugh at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom