What's new

Battles of 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.
When senior members post things like this one imagine Mods must be doing a great job to keep PDF live up to the expectations(though i must say being the "Happy Holidays" season they are letting people for a run)....Anyways Munshi Sir what made you think that IA will invade Bangladesh or has any quantum of intent to capture BD???

India will intervene in Bangladesh to protect its supply line (transit/corridor) to the North East in case of conflict with China. This can only be achieved through invasion of BD.

QUOTE=eastwatch;589185]LETTERS OF 1971
The 4th letter

This letter was written by martyr Abdullah Hill Baqui (Shaju), Bir Pratik.

April 4, 1971

Mother,

Baa'd salam to you and all others in the family, I must tell you that I cannot sit idle in the grave situation the country is going through. So, with other 20 young men from Dhaka, I am also leaving for the other side of Bengal. Mother, please do not cry for me. My effort is just the minimum that I can afford.

Mother, please pray to Allah for the country's independence. Do not worry about me, I will come back alive. I will come in seven days, it may also take a little longer. My place is under your feet. Please take care of yourself. Khuda Hafiz.

Baqui (Shaju)

P.S: Baqui died a heroic death in some encounter with the Pakistan army and received Bir Pratil award posthumously. Detail of his bravery has not been included in this book.[/QUOTE]

May Allah give him Jannah (heaven)...
but Sir if Pakistan was so bad and brutal than what about India?
India helped you to get independence from us but now you are dependent on India….
You think Indians were and are your friends???
Anyways if you are happy than we are happy…
May God bless you a long term sight
:smitten:

:pakistan:

Last edited:
I suppose you are happy under indian hegemony. The majority of the insurgents were hindus disguised as mukti bhani according to your own sources. A lot of human rights violations were carried out by these so called 'mukti Bhani'. Bangladesh is no power at the moment but has a government which is compliant to Indian demands. The fact it is sinking into the bay of bengal and due its size it will not become a military or economic power anytime soon. I can see a future where it will eventually be absorbed into the Indian Union by hook or crook as RAW is working overtime on it.

You think India doesn't have enough people already? What can India possibly want with Bangladesh? what makes them so special?. They are our neighbors, we wish to maintain good relations with them, promote economic relations etc, but we DO NOT want to take over and add another 180 million people to the union.

Why do you think the GoI has spent billions building a fence around the country? Smaller nations will always be suspicious of a bigger and stronger neighbor, don't let the conspiracy theories get to your head, India has its own people to worry about.

It would be nice if you could attach the image of the original letter so its (and other letters like this) authenticity could be established. Why the thread is moving from "battles of 1971" to "letters of 1971"?

I think, in case of eastwatch, we may trust first before suspect. Yes, obviously, we will suspect someone if there is any wrong.
I like to trust before suspect (not everyone), cos it's a sign of big soul to me.

BTW, there letters of 71 are the part of battles of 71 indeed.

LETTERS OF 1971 The 4th letter

May Allah give him Jannah (heaven)...
but Sir if Pakistan was so bad and brutal than what about India?
India helped you to get independence from us but now you are dependent on India….
You think Indians were and are your friends???
Anyways if you are happy we are happy…
May God bless give you a sight

I think this sort of scenario described in these letters (shared by EW) is very available in Kashmir also. So Indians are also brutal.

India will intervene in Bangladesh to protect its supply line (transit/corridor) to the North East in case of conflict with China. This can only be achieved through invasion of BD.

Munshi sir...you must be kidding here...SO we will invade Bangladesh to secure our supply lines and that we will do by opening another conflict with BD??? So here i am fighting with China who is superior to us in conventional and nuclear weapons..with Pakistan looking at an opportunity to attack on our western border(even if they don't we still will have to take care of that) and our response to that would be opening another front in BD to safegaurd over supply lines???

If there is any time to invade BD than it is NOW...not during the war time when our resources are already stretched to its extreme...All i am requesting is for once just once try to keep your anti-india sentiments away and then comment...Nothing wrong in being anti-india but its wrong to make comments without giving lot of thought to it(No Offense please)

Munshi sir...you must be kidding here...SO we will invade Bangladesh to secure our supply lines and that we will do by opening another conflict with BD??? So here i am fighting with China who is superior to us in conventional and nuclear weapons..with Pakistan looking at an opportunity to attack on our western border(even if they don't we still will have to take care of that) and our response to that would be opening another front in BD to safegaurd over supply lines???

If there is any time to invade BD than it is NOW...not during the war time when our resources are already stretched to its extreme...All i am requesting is for once just once try to keep your anti-india sentiments away and then comment...Nothing wrong in being anti-india but its wrong to make comments without giving lot of thought to it(No Offense please)

Exactly!
I won’t say this....“You won’t have time.”

instead I will say this

You will not be given time to invade BD

No offence

:pakistan:

LETTERS OF 1971
The 4th letter

This letter was written by martyr Abdullah Hill Baqui (Shaju), Bir Pratik.

April 4, 1971

Mother,

Baa'd salam to you and all others in the family, I must tell you that I cannot sit idle in the grave situation the country is going through. So, with other 20 young men from Dhaka, I am also leaving for the other side of Bengal. Mother, please do not cry for me. My effort is just the minimum that I can afford.

Mother, please pray to Allah for the country's independence. Do not worry about me, I will come back alive. I will come in seven days, it may also take a little longer. My place is under your feet. Please take care of yourself. Khuda Hafiz.

Baqui (Shaju)

P.S: Baqui died a heroic death in some encounter with the Pakistan army and was awarded a Bir Pratik Khetab posthumously. Detail of his bravery has not been included in this book.

Was Baqui in the Crack Platoon with son of Jahanara Imam, Rumi?

What do you think the BDR Mutiny was about? It fractured our army and destroyed the BDR as a cohesive entity. During 1/11 the opposition BNP was decimated as a political force and all this happened at the instigation of India. Gradually India will infiltrate and compromise all our major institutions and when BD is sufficiently weakened the Indian army will move in. It has not yet done so is because it is waiting for Sheikh Hasina to provide transit facilities (corridor/supply line). Once that’s in the bag then the aggression against BD will gradually be increased through red flag operations that will create a pretext for direct intervention. If Hasina does not provide transit India will have her assassinated and move into BD anyway.

BD should be aware that India is on war footing against the country.

What do you think the BDR Mutiny was about? It fractured our army and destroyed the BDR as a cohesive entity. During 1/11 the opposition BNP was decimated as a political force and all this happened at the instigation of India. Gradually India will infiltrate and compromise all our major institutions and when BD is sufficiently weakened the Indian army will move in. It has not yet done so is because it is waiting for Sheikh Hasina to provide transit facilities (corridor/supply line). Once that’s in the bag then the aggression against BD will gradually be increased through red flag operations that will create a pretext for direct intervention. If Hasina does not provide transit India will have her assassinated and move into BD anyway.

okay so you are saying India wants to fight BD.Why so?
I mean what does your country has?Our only threat is China which is a superior country than India in every possible way.I dont know what are you smoking :cheers::rofl:

Was Baqui in the Crack Platoon with son of Jahanara Imam, Rumi?

I am not aware if Baqui was with Rumi's Crack Platoon or not. No hints are given anywhere in this book. However, there is a letter that Safi Imam Rumi himself wrote to his maternal uncle in English. You can feel the resolve our freedom fighters had against the occupying force. I will just re-type this letter for all of you to read and understand the situation that the Pakistan army created in 1971.

This martyred freedom fighter seems to be a highly educated person. He was the son of very famous Begum Zahanara Imam. Father was Shariful Alam Imam Ahmed. The receiver of this letter is Tahmid Saeed Lalu.

Letter of 1971
The 5th letter

Agartala june 16, 1971

Dear Pasha Mama,

Don't be surprised! It was written and has come to pass. And after you read this letter, destroy it. Don't try to write to Amma about this letter. It will put them in danger.

This is a hurried letter. I don't have much time. I have to leave tomorrow for my base camp.

We are fighting a just war. We shall win. Pray for us all. I don't know what to write ---------there is so much to write about. But every tale of atrocity you hear, every picture of terrible destruction that you see is true. They have torn into us with a savagery unparalleled in human history. And sure as Newton was right, so shall we tear them with like ferocity. Already our war is far advanced. When the monsoons come we shall intensify our operation.

I don't know when I shall write again. Please don't write to me. And do your best for SHONAR BANGLA.

Bye for now. With love and regards.

Rumi

Last edited:

BD should first be aware of your kind of munafiqs. War criminals should first be sent to the gallow to hang. Then BD should think of India. It is your kind of people who sold their countrymen in 1971. Only you and your kind of people will sell the country to India or Burma for a few pice or even without a price. This is because you guys are born from munafiq bloods.

Why do you worry about my independent country when you do not believe in its independence. We have enough patriots to thwart any Indian aggression, you do not have to worry about that. Better you try to be an Imandar by all its definitions.

Oh really, then also tell me how does BD can become only reason to get victamized by India in case its supply line or transit route get threaten. For your kind information, we have already addressed that contengency way back in 1962 itself, you really need to spend some time in reading some unbiased history books.

Why do you worry about my independent country when you do not believe in its independence. We have enough patriots to thwart any Indian aggression, you do not have to worry about that. Better you try to be an Imandar by all its definitions.

Not going into your offensive wording against Mr. Munshi i would like to ask more about the bold part....Did you use indian aggression word just for the sake of it or you also think that India will eventually take over BD?? Also is it a common perception in BD that india wants to take over former east pakistan which she helped in getting independence or it is just few members here???

Honestly the same country that Indian's helped in achieving independence accusing her of plan to take over that country seems a little exaggeration to me... I can understand if you say India wants to increase her influence there but taking over...:what:

okay so you are saying India wants to fight BD.Why so?
I mean what does your country has?Our only threat is China which is a superior country than India in every possible way.I dont know what are you smoking :cheers::rofl:

No I am not saying that India wants to fight BD. I am saying that India wants to subjugate BD. This has been partially achieved through the decimation of the political opposition, army and BDR during the last 2 years. There has also been infiltration into social, economic, media and political sectors of BD by India. When BD is no longer able to fight back will the Indian army then come in to ensure security for the corridor/supply line. India is doing all this in event of war with China as it will require a supply line to its troops and military in the North East.

BD should first be aware of your kind of munafiqs. War criminals should first be sent to the gallow to hang. Then BD should think of India. It is your kind of people who sold their countrymen in 1971. Only you and your kind of people will sell the country to India or Burma for a few pice or even without a price. This is because you guys are born from munafiq bloods.

Maan.. you got some stock of voculabulary.. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom