What's new

Basant is banned for the right reasons

there should be a law, that kite flying can be done in open areas, and perpetrators will have to pay heavy charges

This assumes that MAKING a law is sufficient for it to be EFFECTIVELY ENFORCED while being RESPECTED by the population, but previous experience tells us that it would be naive to think that is the case.

For the first ~22 years of my life I did not know what Basant was, and then for a few more thought it was spelt Basnat. Ain't Pakistan truly culturally diverse!

why not ban driving too? I mean seriously! Lots of people die daily in these road accidents too!
:hitwall:

All hindu pagan rituals should be banned from Pakistan.

Pakistan is supposed to be an Islamic country.

too many deaths have occurred due to the stupid game using deadly material. those complaining against the ban should learn to be civilized first and follow the rules if they want to have it.

but since its been proven these freaks wont care for human life so better keep the BAN.

Every year hundreds of people die in stampedes during Hajj. Should Hajj be banned also?

All hindu pagan rituals should be banned from Pakistan.

Pakistan is supposed to be an Islamic country.

The origins of Kite Flying does not come from Hinduism or India

Its a strong misconception for some Pakistani fellows who think the kite flying started being celebrated after the Hindu blasphemer was released or something like that. The origins of Kite flying are thousands of years old....

fitay munh tada ganjyoo wal lawa litay par akal na aaye ..........basant should be celebrated but in limits

eik basant par itni complications hain no wonder why mullahs have an upper hand in our society

eik basant par itni complications hain no wonder why mullahs have an upper hand in our society

what BS you are just telling lies. the ban on basant is due to use of killing material by idiot kite flyers.

we are all for ban on any killer sports. keep it a sports if you cant then ban it.

Every year hundreds of people die in stampedes during Hajj. Should Hajj be banned also?

stampedes are due to impatience of people just like those in India at hindu shrines . these have nothing to do with Hajj or any Hindu ritual.

What is Basant? is it something like Holi?

:lol: NO nothing holy . its a game where an unruly crowd mostly in Lahore/Punjab fly kites to welcome spring.

once it was a recreational game now it has become a killer sports wherein kite flyers used flying string (manjha) quoted with glass powder that is slitting throats of many passerby. besides they are using metal strings which entangle in power lines breaking down entire power grids suspending power supplies in many areas besides slitting throats and leading to many deaths.

after such incidents ban is put on organised frenzied sports.

^Kites are supposed to be manja_ed with glass powder else what's the point of flying fighter kites?

Ok now I get it, it's the celebration of welcoming Basanta.

Back
Top Bottom