What's new

Bangladeshi scientists decode genome of deadly fungus

I was waiting for an Indian poont to surface out of nowhere. :D

Inferiority complex at its peak^^.

All hail the superpower sequencers! Now give it a rest and go help your country achieve something similar. ;p

I think this genius should concentrate on decoding indian gene for open defecation and sequence it so that 620 million stop practicing it and get civic... what do you think :cheesy: ?

I was waiting for an Indian poont to surface out of nowhere. :D

Inferiority complex at its peak^^.

All hail the superpower sequencers! Now give it a rest and go help your country achieve something similar. ;p

Achieve something similar,lol.

Its now a norm in India, decoding is a daily business.

We had decoded numerous genomes

Mango, pomegranate pathogens, TB bacteria genome, arhar dal genome, pigeon pea, even we are successfully doing human genome sequencing.

The latest in the list is oyster genome and all this is all just a small part of the big list.

We dont even now consider this as a scientific achievement.

Mango, pomegranate pathogens, TB bacteria genome, arhar dal genome, pigeon pea, even we are successfully doing human genome sequencing.

The latest in the list is oyster genome and all this is all just a small part of the big list.

Just a question, did you along with that saffron warrior even bother read the article before posting ignorant comments? :lol:

We aren't talking about decoding mangoes and oysters in the first place. The man has decoded the genome for papaya in the US and rubber in Malaysia.

He decoded a fungus that was deadly to jute and soybean production. This would help in developing jute varieties capable of fighting that fungus.

That would save money and in turn boost profits for countries producing jute and soybean. Can you now comprehend just how much it would save? So yes, the result itself is a significant achievement.

:blah::blah::blah:

Yeah yeah, go post it in the Indian section and share the joy then! Why bother us? What has this thread got anything to do with India? You guys live up to you reputation of being extremely nosy, one other reason why Indians are looked down upon even here in the West.

Have the hindutva trolls eve read the article!! This is only part of his research. The main research goal and scope is much bigger. It is a success as they have done a work in 1 year which was previously thought will take 5 years to do. What ever the matter his final goal is to make a jute type which is resistant to this fungus or bacteria and to hand it over to the farmer. So he has reached only half path to his main target. His salary was not fixed at 16 lakh taka without any purpose.

Ok, DO ANY OF YOU know a thing or 2 about why this was considered good discovery?

Let me help you: the key word is FUNGUS! Anyone working on it knows its no easy job and if ANY OF YOU would say it is simple...I will know at once how much a scientist fraud you are! :P

Congrats Bangladesh!

I have worked on resistance genes and mind you it is not as easy as the Indians are trolling! And mind you I did my work in Cambridge and yet it was not easy! So, don't give me crap like India has been doing it for years it is not even a scientific discovery! That is like some proud as snob who knows not what he/ she is talking about!

Finally, Fungal resistance is tough!

Quotes of Dr Maqsudul Alam "এই দেশকে বদলে ফেলতে হলে একটা জাগরণ দরকার। বাংলাদেশকে যারা নেতৃত্ব দিচ্ছেন তাদের দেশটাকে বদলে ফেলার প্রতিজ্ঞা থাকতে হবে".

My mother is an agricultural scientist works for Govt. Most of Bangladeshis don't know about their contribution in feeding 15 crore people. They have invented many things! They mainly work on inventing cheaper alternative for farmers! For example - machines with local techs, different type of corps that can withstand local weather, rain or flood water , growing winter crops in summer, home made bio friendly pheromone trap, crossing of different varieties! My mother doesn't research anymore. She used to work in projects related to economical feasibility of different methods of farming! Now she works in training sector responsible for keeping the scientists up to date.

Back
Top Bottom