What's new

Bangladesh tops Lonely Planet's 'Best-Value Destinations 2011'

gud point .... I didn notice we were all carried away with gur in our hands :P. Maybe the thread has reached its threshold point and from here on everyone will just keep on blabbering.

This gives me a thought though, whenever theres a negative thread with something to fight for I check for updates every 30 mins, now that everything is fine and good I don't have anything to add and things are getting boring that way. Any trolls around to add more spices? Never mind....

The best spice is political spices. Nothing like speaking about the "Battle of the Begums".

But back on-topic which is of greater interest. Another area of interest to visitors are the arts- both creative and performing. Bangladesh can work on this aspect as well. In India, a lot people i've met come for this. In West Bengal for instance, many foreigners are attracted to the Bauls and Fakirs, not just for their music but also their philosophy of existence. Since those tourists are the kind of people who refer to Lonely Planet; i see a parallel in Bangladesh- e.g. the life and work of Lalon Fakir can be publicised. i'm pretty sure there will be many many admirers. He was one person who could say many things of great depth in so few and simple words.

Is it safe for Pakistanis to visit Bangladesh?
considering present pro-Indian govt.!

I saw recent coverage of BD police catching pakistani terrorists. They looked like ordinary people( BD members, before you stab me, I just said they looked like, they could as well be terrorist)

Safe but few hard-core AL suppoters may dislike Pakistanis. Also Pakistanise are more prone to be suspected for having involvement with terrorism and some other illegel activities like transfering fake Indian ruppee which are problem to them. But there are many businessmen, engineers, employers and Tablig Jamaat members are in BD and safely doing work. I think.

c'mon it's quite safe here, just goto pizza hut at friday night you'd find lots of Pakistanis there. My uncle married a pakistani, I hav a friend married to a pakistani guy and so on.

The one who were captured had something wrong I guess. But yeah there are still some people who doesn like messing with you guys, but still its the same from that side also isn't it?

The govt is pro indian which is a bit irritating though I don't think that'll be a problem for visitors.

Last edited:
The best spice is political spices. Nothing like speaking about the "Battle of the Begums".

But back on-topic which is of greater interest. Another area of interest to visitors are the arts- both creative and performing. Bangladesh can work on this aspect as well. In India, a lot people i've met come for this. In West Bengal for instance, many foreigners are attracted to the Bauls and Fakirs, not just for their music but also their philosophy of existence. Since those tourists are the kind of people who refer to Lonely Planet; i see a parallel in Bangladesh- e.g. the life and work of Lalon Fakir can be publicised. i'm pretty sure there will be many many admirers. He was one person who could say many things of great depth in so few and simple words.

Hmmm. we do enjoy the battle of our begums at times.
Regarding lalon he was influential to many even Tagore. Nobody knows where he came from or from which religious background thats why Muslims and hindus both claimed he belonged to their respected territory. But lalon didn giv a damn 'bout them.
Thats why he said

"Shotto kaaje keu nai raaji
shobi dekhi tana na na
jaat gelo, jaat gelo bole
aki aajob karkhana"

Translations wuldn justify so didn bother.

AL or not, Bangladesh is always hospitable to Pakistanis. Maree like places are Kaptai, Rangamati and Bandarban, except that Maree is quite cool. Come, visit BD. No one will ever bother you.

Back
Top Bottom