What's new

Bangladesh to become the 2nd biggest economy in SA

Economic gap between East and West Pakistan in 1960s is often cited as a key reason for the secessionist movement led by Shaikh Mujib's Awami League and the creation of Bangladesh in 1971. This disparity has grown over the last 40 years, and the per capita income in Pakistan is now closer to 1.7 times Bangladesh's in 2011, slightly higher than 1.6 as it was in 1971.

Haq's Musings: Economic Disparity Between Bangladesh & Pakistan

I did not see a single Bangladeshi bashed PK in this thread. You are the one started all the bashing.
You are a proud Pakistani which is good and Bangladesh has a long way to go. Our immediate neighbor Singapore/Thailand export even more than India. Bangladesh achieved nothing yet. I hope I dont have to explain any further and good luck to Pakistan.

You don't have to go into lengthy explanations for this guy. Everyone knows his mental maturity.

I did not see a single Bangladeshi bashed PK in this thread. You are the one started all the bashing.
You are a proud Pakistani which is good and Bangladesh has a long way to go. Our immediate neighbor Singapore/Thailand export even more than India. Bangladesh achieved nothing yet. I hope I dont have to explain any further and good luck to Pakistan.
just goo back and see by your own .they bashed first .and can i ask few questions ? why you guys have pain from us ? we infact have nothing to do with BD but every three days your media bring us in BD .

pakistan is sick in terror from AFG but don't make fun of yourself here please we have no race with BD

just go please compare now PIA with beman ? 5 planes in 40 years you got . go please check how much you work of air ports pakistan make 64 air ports in last 65 years .just look your roads and then pakistani motorways highways thousands of km long .go please look by military pakistan achived nuclear missile tech making jets submarines tanks frigates stus missiles atgms APCs tankers missile boats bombs and thousands of other defence related materials .were is BD in this ?abut cities ehh islamabad ? do you think its fun ? karachi lahore pwshawer ? lolz please go my dear BDIANS play with sri lanka .can't i see BD didnt make toy plane of kids but import from china but they bash JF-17 ?when did your army faces enemy in real war ? i can see last 40 years only BDR operation when your guys kill your own officers and dump them in gutter was the battle of you guys .now go look what pakistan faces in last 65 years .indians tumhy jab pakistan ke braber khara kerty hain wo tumhy ungli ker rahy hoty hain aqal kero ok .

Mark my words every south asian country will surpass Pakistan in coming years.

:) as if Afghanistan war will last forever.

We are going through a hard time but its good for us in the long run because the spikes are being filltred through the hard way.

Congrats to BD

1. In 1969-70, the ratio of per capita incomes between West and East Pakistan was 1.6, as detailed by Mr. Khan in Bangladeshi paper The Daily Star. In 2011, however, this ratio has increased to 1.7, according to the IMF data.

2. Bangladesh is still categorized by the World Bank among low income and least developed countries of the world, while Pakistan is a middle income country and classified well above the list of least developed countries of the world.

Bangladesh%2BPoverty.jpg

Bangladesh is ranked as 11th poorest country in the world by the World Bank in terms of the percentage of population living on $1.25 or less a day. Neighboring India is the 14th poorest on this list, while Pakistan does not show up on it. The rest of the nations on this list are all in sub-Saharan Africa.

just goo back and see by your own .they bashed first .and can i ask few questions ? why you guys have pain from us ? we infact have nothing to do with BD but every three days your media bring us in BD .

pakistan is sick in terror from AFG but don't make fun of yourself here please we have no race with BD

just go please compare now PIA with beman ? 5 planes in 40 years you got . go please check how much you work of air ports pakistan make 64 air ports in last 65 years .just look your roads and then pakistani motorways highways thousands of km long .go please look by military pakistan achived nuclear missile tech making jets submarines tanks frigates stus missiles atgms APCs tankers missile boats bombs and thousands of other defence related materials .were is BD in this ?abut cities ehh islamabad ? do you think its fun ? karachi lahore pwshawer ? lolz please go my dear BDIANS play with sri lanka .can't i see BD didnt make toy plane of kids but import from china but they bash JF-17 ?when did your army faces enemy in real war ? i can see last 40 years only BDR operation when your guys kill your own officers and dump them in gutter was the battle of you guys .now go look what pakistan faces in last 65 years .indians tumhy jab pakistan ke braber khara kerty hain wo tumhy ungli ker rahy hoty hain aqal kero ok .

Well the article is from Dawn a pakistani newspaper. You go and search in Dawn website about Bangladesh and you will find every other day they run a Bangladesh vs PK article. Once in a moonlight BD newspaper republish the article of PK newspaper only to keep their audience informed. I dont think any writer in Dhaka will spend their time to write a BD vs PK article. If you find any article of that kind then let me know.

And regarding your 2nd part of the posting, I dont have time for dicck measuring contest. I will rather engage with somebody who has the capacity to understand what I am talking about.

1. In 1969-70, the ratio of per capita incomes between West and East Pakistan was 1.6, as detailed by Mr. Khan in Bangladeshi paper The Daily Star. In 2011, however, this ratio has increased to 1.7, according to the IMF data.

2. Bangladesh is still categorized by the World Bank among low income and least developed countries of the world, while Pakistan is a middle income country and classified well above the list of least developed countries of the world.

Bangladesh%2BPoverty.jpg

Bangladesh is ranked as 11th poorest country in the world by the World Bank in terms of the percentage of population living on $1.25 or less a day. Neighboring India is the 14th poorest on this list, while Pakistan does not show up on it. The rest of the nations on this list are all in sub-Saharan Africa.

u just burst the bubble of indians...:(

they have a wet dream to see every SA country above Pakistan....just like some idiots said in previous pages...:rofl:

nyways, Best of Luck to Bangladesh they can easily surpass India in per capita income..:tup: i apreciate the development i hope its real not like india's growth where only few tatas are getting billionares while other poors indians are just happy to see them in forbes list....

Bangladesh%2BPoverty.jpg

In 1971 East Pakistan's per capita was less than that of 1947 level. In 1947 East pakistan had better per capita than west pakistan but by 1970 west became 1.6 of east. When per capita goes down which brings hardship to the common mass and create discontent among the large populace.

After the war BD took a different path with softer approach. Our target was to reduce foreign dependency, build domestic capacity, stable macro economics, flood/cyclone disaster control etc. So, even at the beginning BD had a slower start start yet our economy is standing on a solid foundation. I bet its time for taking off and PK can just watch.

they have a wet dream to see every SA country above Pakistan....just like some idiots said in previous pages...:rofl:

nyways, Best of Luck to Bangladesh they can easily surpass India in per capita income..:tup: i apreciate the development i hope its real not like india's growth where only few tatas are getting billionares while other poors indians are just happy to see them in forbes list....

Can you stop obsessing about India in a thread about Bangladesh and PAkistan? :girl_wacko:

Bangladesh%2BPoverty.jpg

Your data is out dated.According to the latest World Bank estimates(As of 2010) India it is 32.7 and Bangladesh 43.3.

Poverty headcount ratio at $1.25 a day (PPP) (% of population) | Data | Table

You guys see 450 million poor people but forget 650 million middle class and rest in higher and rich class.

650 million middle class is 4 times of your total population. You have rich resources and minerals still you are commenting on India which has the highest population and so many problems. In 11 years of WoT, your economy took a huge jolt whereas after decades long insurgencies, terrorist attacks and sanctions, we have become major economic hub. So don't comment on India and its economy.

So you need reality check of how much India is improving its poor. Every year we bring 1% of our population out of poverty. 1% of 1.2 billion. Go figure.

You guys should seriously think of your own economy where WB, ADB and IMF are pulling their hands out and rejecting your loan requirements.

In 1971 East Pakistan's per capita was less than that of 1947 level. In 1947 East pakistan had better per capita than west pakistan but by 1970 west became 1.6 of east. When per capita goes down which brings hardship to the common mass and create discontent among the large populace.

After the war BD took a different path with softer approach. Our target was to reduce foreign dependency, build domestic capacity, stable macro economics, flood/cyclone disaster control etc. So, even at the beginning BD had a slower start start yet our economy is standing on a solid foundation. I bet its time for taking off and PK can just watch.

Nonsense!

Until 1947, Kolkata was the center of Bengal's economic and social development for both Hindus and Muslims. All large industries, Military bases, Government offices and most of the institutions of higher education were situated in Kolkata. Without Kolkata Muslim East Bengal was decapitated.

In 1947, East Pakistan started with a lower economic base than West Pakistan, and the loss of its Hindu Bengali business elite in 1947 left it worse off. It also didn't have the benefit of the large number of Muslim businessmen who migrated to West Pakistan, particularly Karachi, after partition of India in 1947.

When and if Bangladesh economy surpasses Pakistan economy in reality, then we can talk about it. What is the use of talking about some fantasy that may or may not happen? I agree with Imran Bhai, it is in a way Pakistan bashing and for Indians it is party time. We Bangladeshi's should not get involved in these kind of activity. We have a delicate relationship between Pakistan and Bangladesh, and we need to improve on it, not aggravate the situation. Pakistan has many difficulty as it is, like we do and I hope Pakistan improve as much or more than Bangladesh. I want to see both countries developing at faster pace.

What you guys don't understand is these income levels are not good indicator of poverty rate.More Pakistanis live in cities compared to Indians and Bangladeshis.Which means they will earn more money.But cost of living in cities are also higher.These income levels are simply rubbish.They are not counting Pakistan's urban poverty rate.According to some sources Pakistan's real poverty rate could as higher as 45%.

Scraping through: 45% population living below the poverty line, reports BISP – The Express Tribune

LOL - all 3 countries are basket cases in terms of PPP of their citizens. It is merely a matter of relativity of how poor our nations are. Of course, people debating here are well-off but you think the laborer constructing a building in Bombay or a rickshaw puller in Dhaka is going to be happy with these numbers? Until the quality of life improves, statistics mean f.all. I just want to live to see India-Pak-BD like USA-Canada - where borders don't need fences, where economics trumps nationalism or rather jingoism. Our region is closer to Africa than to EU or USA. We still talk as if we are some major bloc. I blame our governments - nothing sells as well as jingoism and the perception of an external threat. People don't have toilets or food - but we have missiles and space programs. Retarded.

Back
Top Bottom