What's new

Bangladesh to become the 2nd biggest economy in SA

Lol it most of the bimaru states are now growing over 11-12% while the most advanced states in India have slowed a bit. And these states have not lagged behind. these Bimaru states have massive industrial houses. Within 5 yrs next cycle of Indian growth will start, where the advanced states will enter middle income levels and the bimaru states will become hulks of Indian economy.
Bihar is country's fastest growing state at 13.1% - Times Of India

Chhattisgarh`s growth highest last fiscal, surpasses Bihar

Chhattisgarh government signs investment pacts worth Rs 1.22 lakh crore - Economic Times
Bihar at take-off stage, says India Inc - The Times of India

http://zeenews.india.com/news/bihar/bihar-created-new-record-in-private-investments_761601.html

You did not get my point!! Those states are growing because they have a low base which the article even pointed out. I am interested to know how much it will grow for the next 3 years when India's overall growth has been slowed down to less then 6%.

You did not get my point!! Those states are growing because they have a low base which the article even pointed out. I am interested to know how much it will grow for the next 3 years when India's overall growth has been slowed down to less then 6%.
I am not gona make any prediction. More over Indian growth is over 6.5%. Only one quarter was below 6. We will see how it goes. development of these states is good for BD and India.

YOu are wrong. India never had sufficient manufacturing base to visibly alter the social fabrics not even today. Sure their government did invest in heavy industry and mining but those are low labor intensive and never created enough jobs for the poor. Even big conglomerate like TATA were interested in big bucks and gone for mining and steel and autos which only fattened their pocket but never brought real benefits to the poor.

Are you comparing India's economy with that of Germany or that of Bangladesh? Indian manufacturing sector is certainly weaker than that of west european countries. India has a long way to go. Primary industries are needed to build up secondary and then tertiary industries. India did exactly what its economy required. Japan also started its industrialization with the building of its first steel mill with French help more than a hundred years ago. It then developed its mining in copper, coal and limestone. All are primary industries.

A country with mining deposits will certainly go for primary products/industries. So, did India. India is now after bauxite mining and aluminum industries. It is a very big sector. Only a stupid BD is unable to mine its coal. India will have to go another 40 years to become like a German economy, and BD will need at least another 20 years to reach the level of today's India.

BD remains an UNDERdeveloped country, whereas India is already a developing country. It means BD is only taking preparations for a future economic take-off, and the Indian economy has already taken off, but, is facing quite a number of bumpings on the way.

Are you comparing India's economy with that of Germany or that of Bangladesh? Indian manufacturing sector is certainly weaker than that of west european countries. India has a long way to go. Primary industries are needed to build up secondary and then tertiary industries. India did exactly what its economy required. Japan also started its industrialization with the building of its first steel mill with French help more than a hundred years ago. It then developed its mining in copper, coal and limestone. All are primary industries.

A country with mining deposits will certainly go for primary products/industries. So, did India. India is now after bauxite mining and aluminum industries. It is a very big sector. Only a stupid BD is unable to mine its coal. India will have to go another 40 years to become like a German economy, and BD will need at least another 20 years to reach the level of today's India.

BD remains an UNDERdeveloped country, whereas India is already a developing country. It means BD is only taking preparations for a future economic take-off, and the Indian economy has already taken off, but, is facing quite a number of bumpings on the way.
Man you are one good analyst :tup:. I certainly agree with you. But I think Bd doesn't need 20 yrs. Could happen earlier since BD doesn't need to build things at the scale of India. BD could become rich quickly. And i think bd economy is not far away from take off.

China looks rosy only on paper because it has a very big GDP. It is certainly developing faster than India or any other economy. But, only its coastal belt that accomodates only about 20% of population is fully developed. Its interior is not that developed. To bring about equal developement and equal living standard in every part of a country is difficult thing. Only probably Japan is an exception. This country's population enjoy the same living standard throughout the country.

China looks rosy only on paper because it has a very big GDP. It is certainly developing faster than India or any other economy. But, only its coastal belt that accomodates only about 20% of population is fully developed. Its interior is not that developed. To bring about equal developement and equal living standard in every part of a country is difficult thing. Only probably Japan is an exception. This country's population enjoy the same living standard throughout the country.

But they did bad when oit came to debt restructuring !!!

Man you are one good analyst :tup:. I certainly agree with you. But I think Bd doesn't need 20 yrs. Could happen earlier since BD doesn't need to build things at the scale of India. BD could become rich quickly. And i think bd economy is not far away from take off.
Sri Lanka has a huge advantage over all of us (india, pakistan, bangladesh), they could easily become singapore of SA.

Sri Lanka has a huge advantage over all of us (india, pakistan, bangladesh), they could easily become singapore of SA.

I do agree with that. They are now done with the wars. But remember Singapore had a massive advantage that is their strategic location. They controlled the entire trade through that region. Sri Lanka is not that lucky but if led properly it can be a great services economy.

BD's power vs India will mostly likely be skilled labor, which will aid in manufacturing at the rate HDI is improving in BD.

Just for Info.
For 2010

India is 9th largest manufacturer by output after Brazil .

India's share is 1.8% in global manufacturing.

. India,
with an economy focused more on services, has also
fared well – moving from 14th place to 9th – with a
global MVA share of 1.8 percent in 2010.

Industrial Development Report 2011

Some Bangladesh's statistics can be found in the above UNIDO report.

Over 2008–2009, MVA grew in Bangladesh (7.6*percent),

In
Bangladesh, the largest manufacturer among the least
developed countries, with an MVA share of more than
40 percent of the group total, MVA grew 7.6 percent
in 2009

Back
Top Bottom