What's new

Bangladesh to be the world’s largest prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nalwa. What illegal immigration ? I tell you this is completely bulshit. I remember during 1971 crisis I used to go India in the border areas for daily needs. I tell you, I used to look strange there ! for everything, for cloths which I was wearing, stiching design, fashion, talking style and ofcourse looking differently. And it was easily indentifiable among others that I am a strange man there. If some one has to go to India he has to be properly trained.Who will train these poor people. Why the Indian police or BSF does not catch hold them then and there.

Why dont you go to India once and see the bangladeshis there. They are not only in eastern states, but also in other cities. Once they cross the border and go to any city, nobody will catch them.
The guy I sold my raddi newspaper was a bangladeshi, I asked his name, he said "Buddhadev Bhattacharjee". I could not stop laughing.
People employ them because they are cheaper(all immigrants are).
It is similar story here in UK, although it is tough to get into UK, but once you are in you will earn a lot.

This must be the first issue on which hardliners of both India and Bangladesh seem to agree. Except of course Munshiji, for whom anything India does is anti-Bangladesh

How will this effect BD economy?
We are projected to become a middle-income economy by 2021
Will this fence slow down our growth/block trade with India?

How will this effect BD economy?
We are projected to become a middle-income economy by 2021
Will this fence slow down our growth/block trade with India?

It will slow down illegal trade and increase legal trade. Make out whatever you want to from that.

Look Lalwa, we donnot want that our people to go India. Yes I agree there are some people who have a relatives around in the border areas. They might be tresspassing in your country. But is it that figure ? Millions !

Look Lalwa, we donnot want that our people to go India. Yes I agree there are some people who have a relatives around in the border areas. They might be tresspassing in your country. But is it that figure ? Millions !

It is not only in border areas, they are in cities too which are far away from bd. Sane people like you should know better.
I am not sure of figures, but they are in large numbers.

BD people should take it seriously, it is generating unnecessary hatred in some places.

I am all for more trade with bangladesh, and more people traveling each way through legal means.

Since 1971, maybe yes. But I am sure it must have declined in recent times as BD's economy started improving and there was a tighter vigil at the border. The border areas are mostly under-developed (I have seen the same in India too) and people migrate in search of better opportunities.

If you'd ask me, I would allow for BD workers in India, with proper documentation of course. Makes it easier to regulate and may earn some revenues in the form of tax/fees. Kind of like the green card or PR in western countries for migrant labor.This would also bring the countries closer.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Seems thats one of the biggest reason for fencing

I would put it at par with stopping illegal immigration.

It is not only in border areas, they are in cities too which are far away from bd. Sane people like you should know better.
I am not sure of figures, but they are in large numbers.

BD people should take it seriously, it is generating unnecessary hatred in some places.

I am all for more trade with bangladesh, and more people traveling each way through legal means.

@ So far I know since 1947 till 1971 near about 50 lacs of Bengalee Hindus migrated to West Bengal, Assam and other places in and around Bangladesh. Indian Govt intensionally did not re-habiliated. Most of them are still in the Refugee camps in and around Bangladesh. A big such camp is in Nadia. Many of these refugees are now organised and struggling for a separate homeland inside Bangladesh named "Bongo Bhumi"(greater divisions of Barisal and khulna). Almost similar number of muslim refugees including 20/25 lacs of Biharees came to the then East Pakistan.

@ 65 years have already passed. Now, as per famous "Malthus Theory of Population", the population of the poor countries increases as per geomatric progression and it would be doubled in next 20 years. Now, as per this theory of population these 50 lacs of non-muslims who migrated to India are supposed to be more than 4 crores. Are you talking about those people and want to make another conspiracy theory against Bangladesh ?????

Jana ! Jana ! Can you help in this regards ? I am heavilly caught by this Nalwa, arguing with me very politely but very rigid. Munshi is very busy in selling his book, "The doctrine of India ". Eastwatch is missing in Japan after the disaster. Al-zaker is very sad after the Abottabad inccident ? And busy in making new strategy !!!!!

Jana , I know you have lot of collection including Bengalee scripts ?????

@ So far I know since 1947 till 1971 near about 50 lacs of Bengalee Hindus migrated to West Bengal, Assam and other places in and around Bangladesh. Indian Govt intensionally did not re-habiliated. Most of them are still in the Refugee camps in and around Bangladesh. A big such camp is in Nadia. Many of these refugees are now organised and struggling for a separate homeland inside Bangladesh named "Bongo Bhumi"(greater divisions of Barisal and khulna). Almost similar number of muslim refugees including 20/25 lacs of Biharees came to the then East Pakistan.

@ 65 years have already passed. Now, as per famous "Malthus Theory of Population", the population of the poor countries increases as per geomatric progression and it would be doubled in next 20 years. Now, as per this theory of population these 50 lacs of non-muslims who migrated to India are supposed to be more than 4 crores. Are you talking about those people and want to make another conspiracy theory against Bangladesh ?????

No, I am not talking about 1947 migration during partition. Why would bangladesh be singled out when we saw large migration from pakistan too?
I am talking about illegal immigrants due to economic reasons.
To repeat: I am not sure of their figures. But they are in large numbers.
Ignore the "sane member" part of my last post.

ROUNDED UP

Surrounded by 3783 km of barbed wire fencing, is Bangladesh to be the world’s largest prison?

Nope, Russia is world's largest prison! Because its the largest country! :lol:

How far people's imagination can go? How crazy can people be? India fencing its border and some crazies thing Bangladesh becoming prison!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom