What's new

Bangladesh third most power-starved country

energy_consumption.jpg

LOL, Indians.

Also if a MOD can see it, plz change the title as 'India most power starved country in the world"

That was indeed any eye opener, a first actually. Hence the reason it made headlines. By the way those two links are of the same problem. My city for an example (Jaipur) had loadshedding about 5 or 6 hours a day and that was back in 2005. There is still loadshedding but it's drastically dropped to 1 or 2 hours max and that's after everyone gets off work :lol:

I'm sure things will improve.. I've experienced nearly 5 hour power cuts mostly in southern parts of India and Delhi Last year.. But as the report suggest 300 million is a staggering amount for a rapidly growing economy hungry for power.. Btw Power distribution in India might be going apace but continues supply is a major concern like loadshedding as you've mentioned

SL is the only country in the region that provides 24/7 electricity to it's consumers countrywide

I'm sure things will improve.. I've experienced nearly 5 hour power cuts mostly in southern parts of India and Delhi Last year.. But as the report suggest 300 million is a staggering amount for a rapidly growing economy hungry for power.. Btw Power distribution in India might be going apace but continues supply is a major concern like loadshedding as you've mentioned

SL is the only country in the region that provides 24/7 electricity to it's consumers countrywide

To be fair, SL is a tiny country, it's exponentially more difficult to electrify a vast country with a vast population.

Ten year old numbers BUT

SL per capita energy consumption: 477.9 GJ/year
India: 565.6 GJ/year

Energy use (kg of oil equivalent per capita) | Data | Table

When and where did you visit the south? I think currently the only southern states that experience loadshedding are Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. Yes Delhi does experience occasional loadshedding, haven't been there in a while but it has reduced along with Jaipur. While the poorer states are still faced with about 6 hours worth of loadshedding. And of course Sri Lanka is the only country in the region, look at the size compared to India lol

I would be surprised if SL as a small country with small population had powercuts.

If India is Topping the list then why MMS is so desperate to sell electricity to Pakistan ,it seems MMS and Sonia along with her piglets is planning to settle in Pak Lands after 2014.

I would be surprised if SL as a small country with small population had powercuts.

20 million population isn't a small number at all.
But I'm surprised about a country which has nuclear power/also electricity exporting country (according to some Indian members) listed as most power-starved country in the list. ;)

20 million population isn't a small number at all.
But I'm surprised about a country which has nuclear power/also electricity exporting country (according to some Indian members) listed as most power-starved country in the list. ;)

Our one city..the City of Mumbai has 18.5 million people and consume 3,288 MW of power daily (Both 2011 statistics).

We are commissioning dams after dams and power plants after power plants but due to expanding economy we are running out of it very fast. Having said that the 300 million figure is hard to swallow as one member explained there are a lot of free loaders in the states of UP, Bihar etc.

When and where did you visit the south? I think currently the only southern states that experience loadshedding are Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. Yes Delhi does experience occasional loadshedding, haven't been there in a while but it has reduced along with Jaipur. While the poorer states are still faced with about 6 hours worth of loadshedding. And of course Sri Lanka is the only country in the region, look at the size compared to India lol

Mainly in TN and Karnataka..While Madras blacked out for 3 hours every day else where it was like 8 hours.. I just could not believe how people over there managed to be productive.. Bangalore was better with like 2 hours in a week or so.. Delhi was the same but being the Capital city of the nation it's quite preposterous

The reason i mentioned about Sri Lanka is to highlight to a poster about the importance of proving the country with power before you crow about exporting it overseas especially when you have such staggering number of people without it.. I know The demand and supply of electricity in a hugely populated country like India is incomparable to Lanka.. But certain Indian posters here have this delusions of grandeur.. Which is quite hilarious

LOL, Indians.

Also if a MOD can see it, plz change the title as 'India most power starved country in the world"

LOL ******** mate ?? Those people use diesel gensets and they dont have electricity lines in their area !! But shame on BD with 14 hours of power cuts ! ;)

The economy is expanding and hence the demand. Our power problem is reduced now.
Country is becoming self sufficient in this sector. We are working for renewable energy
and reliable energy like coal. We have also plan to import electricity from nepal,bhutan,
india.

Back
Top Bottom