What's new

Bangladesh starts building first nuclear plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Bangladesh... :) Nuclear power finally .. next is nepal :cheesy:

i always enjoy asad71's comments...he is always funny...be happy no B.P:bounce: :victory: :cheers: :taz:

There is a world of a difference i.e quite a few steps, between going for nuclear power generation & building a nuke !

You've got no idea what Pakistan went through to build the bomb !

At any rate Pakistan & Pakistanis don't care either way whether Bangladesh goes for a Bomb or not partly because its not going to happen & partly because we don't have a monopoly on the Bomb otherwise we wouldn't have shared some stuff with 'other countries' some of whom ratted us out later.

No honor among thieves. :whistle:

Oh yes, Bangladesh is going to take fissile material from a safeguarded reactor and build a nuke. Considering that designing even a Beryllium reflector lining is beyond them, leave alone handling materials like tritium and deuterium it would be a miracle.:cuckoo:

The nuclear deal with Russia is kind of like how you pay for your pre-paid cell phone service. Building a weapon is out of the question here.

The nuclear deal with Russia is kind of like how you pay for your pre-paid cell phone service. Building a weapon is out of the question here.

Well, I'm sure nobody is implying that Russia would transfer its nuke bomb technology to Bangladesh, but they would surely help to create the nuclear expertize among the local scientists (that's included in the deal if I'm not wrong). Once we get the expertize, it won't be a big deal to have the technology. However, these sort of proceedings require high level of skilled diplomacy and intelligence activities, I'm not sure about our intelligence capabilities but we suck big time in diplomacy as of now. All we need is a prudent leader who would execute everything just on the right time. Once someone starts the proceedings, no power would be able to stop it since a sense of nationalism gets attached to it.

Well, I'm sure nobody is implying that Russia would transfer its nuke bomb technology to Bangladesh, but they would surely help to create the nuclear expertize among the local scientists (that's included in the deal if I'm not wrong). Once we get the expertize, it won't be a big deal to have the technology. However, these sort of proceedings require high level of skilled diplomacy and intelligence activities, I'm not sure about our intelligence capabilities but we suck big time in diplomacy as of now. All we need is a prudent leader who would execute everything just on the right time. Once someone starts the proceedings, no power would be able to stop it since a sense of nationalism gets attached to it.

Well, most of your statements aren't incorrect in theory. And yes, training is included. But what kind of training exactly? Specifics would be helpful.

However, that last part will never happen. Who will lead? Those two nincompoops? :omghaha:

Bangladesh cannot afford sanctions either.

Iran for example is a far more advanced nation than Bangladesh (or any South Asian country for that matter), and just look at the difficulties they are going through by just enriching weapon-standard uranium.

Bangladesh as a nation simply isn't in that position to join the nuclear weapon club. It'll never happen. Not even in the year 3000.

Well, most of your statements aren't incorrect in theory. And yes, training is included. But what kind of training exactly? Specifics would be helpful.

However, that last part will never happen. Who will lead? Those two nincompoops? :omghaha:

Bangladesh cannot afford sanctions either.

Iran for example is a far more advanced nation than Bangladesh (or any South Asian country for that matter), and just look at the difficulties they are going through by just enriching weapon-standard uranium.

Bangladesh as a nation simply isn't in that position to join the nuclear weapon club. It'll never happen. Not even in the year 3000.

Once the hierarchical hegemony ends, we would surely have that leader. We are currently not in a position to acquire the weapon, but do you really think things would remain the same?? And that's why I said someone needs to execute everything just on the right time. About Iran, their problems are temporary, trust me they would be conducting nuclear tests pretty soon if they wish, hell even some American scholars are actually preferring that Iran should get the bomb for greater stability in the ME.

Once the hierarchical hegemony ends, we would surely have that leader. We are currently not in a position to acquire the weapon, but do you really think things would remain the same?? And that's why I said someone needs to execute everything just on the right time. About Iran, their problems are temporary, trust me they would be conducting nuclear tests pretty soon if they wish, hell even some American scholars are actually preferring that Iran should get the bomb for greater stability in the ME.

I really do hope for change. Though hope also happens to be a quintessential delusion.

And if folks did actually acknowledge the reality within instead of just hoping, those two wouldn't have had gotten a chance. Ever....

Just a question: Why would you want Bangladesh to have nuclear weapons capability?

nukes for India? pfft fit our boats with c-803 and test in the bay of bengal and Indian defence pundits will cry in the talk shows

I really do hope for change. Though hope also happens to be a quintessential delusion.

And if folks did actually acknowledge the reality within instead of just hoping, those two wouldn't have had gotten a chance. Ever....

Just a question: Why would you want Bangladesh to have nuclear weapons capability?

Simple reason, this would increase our strength in negotiations with other countries, you know who I'm referring to. And as asad71 mentioned, even I heard it, that Burma is on their process to acquire nuclear weapons, they have established a nuclear research center in cooperation with Russia. Moreover, I really feel spreading nuclear weapons will ensure prolonged peace, especially in a region like south Asia.

So are we gonna see Bongla-Attum-Bums soon? :D

What's up Loki ma man!
@Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
With all fairness both India and Pakistan screwed the ambition of other countries to achieve nuclear weapons. Bangladesh, at current can't make the nuclear weapons because the reactor and the fissile material will be under the control of Russia or the IAEA, which means if anything happens it would bring bad rep. against Russia. Keeping that in mind I doubt Russia would do anything that will bring its nuclear treaties with other country in the light.

We should start exporting radioactive Ilish.THe perfect weapon!

Simple reason, this would increase our strength in negotiations with other countries, you know who I'm referring to. And as asad71 mentioned, even I heard it, that Burma is on their process to acquire nuclear weapons, they have established a nuclear research center in cooperation with Russia. Moreover, I really feel spreading nuclear weapons will ensure prolonged peace, especially in a region like south Asia.

Yes, we heard that about Burma before. But where's the 'real' evidence? From where did @asad71 hear of such?

Institute for Science and International Security › ISIS Reports › Myanmar › Burma Reiterates its
India says Myanmar has no nukes - Hindustan Times
Myanmar developing nukes? We don

And this was how the news of Myanmar developing nukes came around:
http://www.dvb.no/news/expert-says-burma-%E2%80%98planning-nuclear-bomb%E2%80%99/9527

https://www.dvb.no/burmas-nuclear-ambitions/burmas-nuclear-ambitions-nuclear/expert-analysis/9297

A defected military officer named Thein-something. I don't know, Burmese names sound all the same to me. They may have a program, but relevant equipment and know-how? The commitment? Nope.

So again I ask you: Why do you want Bangladesh to have nukes? What for? How will it ensure regional stability? Against whom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom