What's new

Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

What amazes me is how these people manage to face their mothers and sisters once they get home. Conversation at the dinner table would be like, "Mother: So how was your day son", "Son: Oh great mum just went to protest against equal rights for women", "Mother: Oh cool son, here have some more Haleem" . Pathetic, I would shoot each one of them if it was up to me.
Does india has seperate property act for muslim?
Please check it.

I know, im just making a point.

You were trying to point out the maltreatment of women in Pakistan is greater than Bangladesh. By bringing up Benazir Bhutto's death which has to do with insecurity, politics, not her gender. So your point is invalid.

Besides this thread is not about Pakistan it's about a protest against women's rights in Bangladesh.

I am now out of my apartment and using cell for typing. Will provide detail reply to all the troll specially F16- Falcon.

Anyways, none of the major political parties are involved in the hartal as BNP already boycotted this hartal. It would be insane and ridiculous to say that women in bangladesh are not treated equally.

You misinformed. They are main force behind this hartal. Mufti amini is bnp's man.

You misinformed. They are main force behind this hartal. Mufti amini is bnp's man.

This is according to bdnews24.com "Islamist parties including Jamaat-e-Islami have long been protesting the policy which talks of gender equality.

BNP has not yet extended its support to the shutdown. "It's their [ILIC] party programme. We [BNP] haven't taken any decision in this regard…we didn't and won't speak about this," BNP acting secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said on Friday. "

What amazes me is how these people manage to face their mothers and sisters once they get home. Conversation at the dinner table would be like, "Mother: So how was your day son", "Son: Oh great mum just went to protest against equal rights for women", "Mother: Oh cool son, here have some more Haleem" .

Better " Mother: Oh wonderfull Son, here is half your dinner"

You were trying to point out the maltreatment of women in Pakistan is greater than Bangladesh. By bringing up Benazir Bhutto's death which has to do with insecurity, politics, not her gender. So your point is invalid.

Besides this thread is not about Pakistan it's about a protest against women's rights in Bangladesh.

For your Info this protest is not about womans right but for not to implement any law against quran. This is western media that has added the spice. Yesterday I have also seen a news where hasina said she will not implement any law going against quarantine and sunnah. This issue is not the only reason for protest. This mullah group also asked right for issueing fatwa which is ban in bangladesh. Western media can do one thing only. ..slendering islam. They also did not mention bjp boycotted this strike and this group is very tiny and small and has no representation in assembly.

For your Info this protest is not about womans right but for not to implement any law against quran. This is western media that has added the spice.

Islamic Law Implementation Committee, headed by Chief of an Islami Oikya Jote faction Fazlul Haque Amini, called the hartal to protest the proposed National Women Development Policy 2011. The committee has demanded scrapping of the policy saying it goes against the tenets of the Qur'an.

The cabinet on March 7 approved the policy with a provision of women's equal share in property and their opportunity in employment and business.

From Dailystar article.

The positive side, is that unlike many other obscurantist countries, there is such a movement in BD.

Signs of a people coming to terms to modernity.

Is it any reason why hindu widow is not allow to marry second time and how is that unborn female child get killed in mother womb I great India?

what the......

"AGAINST" women rights? why?

i wouldnt expect this from Bangladesh. But every country has its fair share of assholes.

This is according to bdnews24.com "Islamist parties including Jamaat-e-Islami have long been protesting the policy which talks of gender equality.

BNP has not yet extended its support to the shutdown. "It's their [ILIC] party programme. We [BNP] haven't taken any decision in this regard…we didn't and won't speak about this," BNP acting secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said on Friday. "

This is old news and bd news is double faced snake. BNP has support although they are not active but will blend in among madrasa students.

Most of the reactions I was expecting from the BD members was to condemn such protests and favor for women's rights. That would have been the end of it.

Instead what I am getting to see if people trying to defend it and worse even pass slanderous remarks on other countries and religions. Unfortunate to see people advocating to retain such laws in a modern world when everyone else is trying to move on to a land of equal rights to the women and a fair society for all.

Back
Top Bottom