What's new

Bangladesh overtakes India in overall prosperity

Every Indian from their heart want Hasina to be the next PM of Bangladesh. If so many young and educated Indians here in PDF have similar mind, poking their nose where it does not belong, it is no surprise then that the Babu's in RAW also have the same delusional mindset. What a shameless and disgraceful bunch of people.
Why shudnt we? Hes is more conducive for India Bangladesh friendship and we surely want Bangladesh as our friend.

I am sure Jamatis and BNP are pro Pakistan and we cant expect Bangladesh to be our friend in that scenario. So wanting AL win doesnt make us buch of shameless people.

But on the other hand I can see you Bangladeshis on PDF that they tend to execute people who have different stance that yours. This is extrimist mentality. Obviously we disown people like you.

I dont agree. Currently, world is going into turmoil and economies are stagnant. even if u do good u cant grow with double digit if international environment is not conducive. Even China is growing by 7.5%. Do u think china dont have more scope for growth? China grew double digit when Internationally atmosphere was supportive along with India. With bettering of American economy India, Bangladesh and China will go back to double digit growth with more business from international markets.

Its illogical to frame current govt incompetent just coz they are having 6% growth.

again, India is a different case as its almost saturated its IT sector and now needs revolutionary policies for Mfg sector. Pakistan will grow double digit only if international market finds its safe for which extrimism has to die. Bangladesh has its Textile sector what IT sector is for India. It has huge scope and only dollors and euros can bring fast growth. Hence, blaming SH govt for 6% and Khaleda govt wud bring 10% growth is not logical.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

China is much more wealthier than BD( x5 in GDP/Capita PPP) and therefore scope for catchup is much more limited.

Also China is such a large exporter that the world simply cannot absorb 20% year on year China export growth. 7.5% growth for a middle-income country like China is about as much as it can do right now.

BD by contrast exports so little that it has huge scope to increase it's garments exports but the political instability that the Awami League has created is causing foreign buyers to stay away from BD garments.

7.5% of $8.3 trillion is huge.

That is a LOT more than 12% of $3 trillion that we were having a decade ago.

Bangladesh has a smaller economic base size though, and when you have a smaller base it is much easier to grow in terms of percentage.
Dude, that does not justify economic logic. Dont say % growth vis a vis Total GDP but do remember the total scope. Total scope is also dictated by Population. Thats why China and India wont get into stagnancy because of its sheer number.

So ur idea of, With high GDP, growth will decrease and eventually come to zero will only come true if all people of ur country get above threshold jobs and be developed.

So u see, even 7.5% is below par for China and they shud grow 10% till their per capita income get above international average of 20k+ USD.

Dont relate growth with GDP but with scope.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

China is much more wealthier than BD( x5 in GDP/Capita PPP) and therefore scope for catchup is much more limited.

Also China is such a large exporter that the world simply cannot absorb 20% year on year China export growth. 7.5% growth for a middle-income country like China is about as much as it can do right now.

BD by contrast exports so little that it has huge scope to increase it's garments exports but the political instability that the Awami League has created is causing foreign buyers to stay away from BD garments.

Catchup for GDP or growth?
Coz growth is irrespective of GDP value but with scope of growth. Get ur basics clear.

Dude, that does not justify economic logic. Dont say % growth vis a vis Total GDP but do remember the total scope. Total scope is also dictated by Population. Thats why China and India wont get into stagnancy because of its sheer number.

So ur idea of, With high GDP, growth will decrease and eventually come to zero will only come true if all people of ur country get above threshold jobs and be developed.

So u see, even 7.5% is below par for China and they shud grow 10% till their per capita income get above international average of 20k+ USD.

Dont relate growth with GDP but with scope.

7.5% of $8.3 trillion is "below par"? Sorry, I don't think so.

We are adding by FAR the most to the global GDP every year, followed by America.

America has a GDP of $15 trillion, so even if they are only growing by 2% they will be adding far more to the global GDP every year than India will.

Bangladesh ahead of India in governance. No bigger proof of Hasina's leadership quality.

Its RAWAMY propaganda to give good name to Shri. hasina ji and help them swing the votes from opposition :D

Last edited:
If Hasina is removed and Bangladesh has a real democracy, growth will reach 10-12% and Bangladesh will become the fastest growing South Asian Tiger economy. India is afraid of a powerful and strong Bangladesh, so they are hell bent on keeping Hasina and Awami League in power against people's will and mandate, so Bangladesh can only have 5-6% growth. It is all India's fault.
That is how beautifully u put blame to India.

Lemme ask you how do u explain Bangladesh achieve 10+% if Hasina is ousted and Khaleda is in power. How is BNP manifesto different from AL? Ever cared to know or simply blind support just coz one is pro Pakistan and other is Pro India.

7.5% of $8.3 trillion is "below par"? Sorry, I don't think so.

We are adding by FAR the most to the global GDP every year, followed by America.

America has a GDP of $15 trillion, so even if they are only growing by 2% they will be adding far more to the global GDP every year than India will.
No, 10K per capita is below par. Hope u got the point.

No, 10K per capita is below par. Hope u got the point.

Of course. But no one else in the world is growing anywhere close to our rate of growth, 7.5% of $8.3 trillion, we add the most to the global GDP every year by far.

I am confident that the Mainland will one day have the same GDP per capita as my own home city of Hong Kong. We are all the same Chinese people.

Shanghai is already more advanced than Hong Kong in terms of infrastructure technology, and has a larger GDP too.

Soon all Chinese cities will be like that, even the second and third tier cities. Every time I visit the Mainland, I am shocked at how fast they are progressing.

Of course. But no one else in the world is growing anywhere close to our rate of growth, 7.5% of $8.3 trillion, we add the most to the global GDP every year by far.

I am confident that the Mainland will one day have the same GDP per capita as my own home city of Hong Kong. We are all the same Chinese people.

Shanghai is already more advanced than Hong Kong in terms of infrastructure technology, and has a larger GDP too.

Soon all Chinese cities will be like that, even the second and third tier cities. Every time I visit the Mainland, I am shocked at how fast they are progressing.

Now go to my 1st reply and you are talking my language. Thats what I said, China is growing by 7.5 because of its scope. Scope means, theyr have a population which can support continous growth irrespective of GDP value. Same like Bangladesh and India, where we have scope to grow 10% with supportive environment subjective to our population.

Which means, if Chinese are not growing by 10% its coz of External forces. With fall of American economy, our respective growth too have fallen. So where China is growing by 7.5, India by 5, Bangladesh growing by 6% is best it can do rite now and it is doing its best. There is nothing where AL is stopping growth of business in Bangladesh. Simply rant of some Bangladeshis on Pakistani forum doesnt show u true scenario.

Congrats to Bangladesh

Even though 6%Growth rate is awesome though Even if not double digit.Bangladesh should atleast manage it to be average 8% for the next 2 decaede

I think the future for Bangladesh looks very bright indeed. :tup:

You're already growing the fastest in the immediate region, even with a poor leadership/administration.

Given the factors you mentioned, a country like Bangladesh could easily grow at double-digits with some really good leadership, a Deng Xiaoping like leader.

The only leader in South Asia who is anything like Deng Xiaoping is the Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaska. You can see the progress that Sri Lanka is making. It is by much wealthier than BD( x3 in GDP PPP) and growing at 8% a year. Like Deng, Mahinda is a true patriot who only wants the best for his country.

Let us contrast this with BD's Prime Minister Hasina. She is an absolute disgrace whose only interest is to take revenge for 1971, wipe out Islam from BD(I am not at all religious btw), and please her Indian masters. The economic and social development of the country is the last thing on her mind.

I would like to be hopeful but I do not think that the current 6% GDP growth will last as BD's garment orders are starting to dry up, due to the political instability that the current government has created and it can only get worse after the sham election on January the 5th that will take place.

Talking about Leadership in the region I'd say India also has many good and capable leaders for example Manmohan Singh is great economist and as leader had great potential and his cabinet ministers are also highly qualified from prestegious institutes like MIT, Havard, Cambridge etc problem they dont have enough mandate, whenever he or his government tries to do some thing good not only is that blocked by opposition but also by their own so called allies like Mamata, Laloo etc which Rajapaska and Xiaoping didnt had to deal with

These Indians also tried the same tactic with Sri Lanka but they failed there in the end.

how???

Good Work, BanglaDesh.

Now share this news with the B'Deshis who are trying to sneak across the border into India!

Talking about Leadership in the region I'd say India also has many good and capable leaders for example Manmohan Singh is great economist and as leader had great potential and his cabinet ministers are also highly qualified from prestegious institutes like MIT, Havard, Cambridge etc problem they dont have enough mandate, whenever he or his government tries to do some thing good not only is that blocked by opposition but also by their own so called allies like Mamata, Laloo etc which Rajapaska and Xiaoping didnt had to deal with

how???

Manmohan is a very clever economist no doubt. But Sonia is pulling his strings.

And Deng Xiaoping had to fight a lot.

His own son was thrown out of the window by Red Guards! And he was purged multiple times from the government.

But he fought against all his powerful rivals and won. Then he reformed China, and his legacy continues today with the reforms we are carrying out.

Back
Top Bottom