What's new

Bangladesh Navy

382470_282663498507895_116024346_n.jpg

295270_282663431841235_1663150683_n.jpg

409765_282663255174586_1795231445_n.jpg

431793_282663111841267_744727557_n.jpg

This is one of the guns of our CDB (Coastal Defence Battery) stationed at BNA (Bangladesh Naval Academy)

If I'm not wrong right behind the gun there's a grave of a Russian soldier who came to Bangladesh right after 71 to rebuild war destroyed country and died on bomb or mine explosion there and was buried there too. Salute to that brave heart (forgot the name at this moment).

One funny story- a navy sailor was standing there aside the gun with a binocular and was using the binocular to see the sea. I asked him what's the matter and he said that from this point straight that was the face BoB. So, always a guy stood there and looked through the binocular towards sea so that any enemy entrance could be sensed. I requested him to give me the binocular so that I can have the taste of his duty but trying that heavy binocular focused to sea for some moment surprisingly I saw nothing even not the sea that we were seeing on blank eye :cheesy: ....what I was seeing is a greenish view, couldn't understand the mystery and gave that back to him :D .

If I'm not wrong right behind the gun there's a grave of a Russian soldier who came to Bangladesh right after 71 to rebuild war destroyed country and died on bomb or mine explosion there and was buried there too. Salute to that brave heart (forgot the name at this moment).

His name was Yury Redkin of the Soviet Navy.

Here is his memorial:
RedkinGrave-2.jpg

Here it’s necessary to mention the considerable assistance that the then Soviet Union rendered in clearing the port water area of mines and the sunk vessels. Those works were carried out by the Pacific Flotilla of the Soviet Navy. One of the Russian mariners, Yury Redkin, from the Tver Region of Russia lost his life while on salvage mission in the port. He was buried in the territory of the Bangladesh Naval Academy, Chittagong, with the monument later erected above his tomb. Every year on the 18th of December – Yury Redkin’s birthday – the floral wreaths are placed at the tomb.
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Chittagong

R.I.P to the brave soul.

His name was Yury Redkin of the Soviet Navy.

Here is his memorial:
RedkinGrave-2.jpg

Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Chittagong

R.I.P to the brave soul.

Serving under Admiral Zuenko in the Soviet Salvage Team, this sailor was drowned in the Karanafully. Zuenko had a an amphibian brigade of the Soviet Navy, various ships and a large troop ship. The Admiral was given the # 1 Jetty in Chittaging Port. Right next to him was an unit of BA in the Port Rly Station. The two sentries stood guard barely a meter from each other.

Back
Top Bottom