What's new

Bangladesh Navy

1075760_608500555857597_1948960869_n.jpg

Only U-214 are the submarines which they should buy.

There too expensive right now and there are no second hand options but if we got with type 209, we may go with U-214 after 2020. Also it would be more sensible to have training subs for now and buy proper subs after 2020 since i know that 2 more will be bought then and the Yuan is being considered.

Those ships of theirs is on the same level of our BNS Osman. They have no ship which is on par with our Ulsan class and soon we will also have two powerful,upgunned WHECS from the US and soon we will have subs. We can then divert more attention to our Air force.

There too expensive right now and there are no second hand options but if we got with type 209, we may go with U-214 after 2020. Also it would be more sensible to have training subs for now and buy proper subs after 2020 since i know that 2 more will be bought then and the Yuan is being considered.

I think you know that Malaysia, Indonesia including Bangladesh and other Muslim countries were interested in Agosta-90Bs which they want to buy from Pakistan and still PN is showcasing such equipment for display. But I think its the weakness of BN that it didn't evaluated properly the Agosta-90Bs as it would be cheaper for them in terms of everything and also making a deal of 3-5 Agosta-90Bs won't be a bad idea for them to gain it in 5 years of time and Pn could also increase their numbers from total 3 to 5 Agosta-90Bs.

Although PN has gained production capacity of 2 Agosta-90Bs in 2-2.5 years time.

I think you know that Malaysia, Indonesia including Bangladesh and other Muslim countries were interested in Agosta-90Bs which they want to buy from Pakistan and still PN is showcasing such equipment for display. But I think its the weakness of BN that it didn't evaluated properly the Agosta-90Bs as it would be cheaper for them in terms of everything and also making a deal of 3-5 Agosta-90Bs won't be a bad idea for them to gain it in 5 years of time and Pn could also increase their numbers from total 3 to 5 Agosta-90Bs.

Although PN has gained production capacity of 2 Agosta-90Bs in 2-2.5 years time.

It is a very good platform but the main issue is that Bangladesh navy has no real experience with Submarines,the last thing we would want to do is buy those Agostas and an accident will occur.Buying second hand will allow us to have experience and won't be as expensive if ay such failures occured. We may wait for a time until our defence increases to between 3-4 billion dollars and then place such an order,also in this time the PN can increase their production capacity and decrease their time to build it.

Anyone know the armaments on this thing??What about our counterpart??

Found this on wiki:

8 x C-802 anti ship Missile
2 x Type 81 (RBU-1200) 5-tube ASW RL (30 rockets), or 2 x Type 3200 6-tube ASW RL (36 rockets)
2 x Type 62 5-tube A/S mortar launchers
2 x depth charge (DC) racks & projector
4 x dual 37 mm AA guns
2 x 100 mm gun

Back
Top Bottom