What's new

Bangladesh Navy

into is not accurate in that link, it says type056corvette price is $250million, actually price is around $100 million.

Well, come up with something better e.g. post a better reference/link. Point here is that there is an attempt at comparison on 2 dimensions (acquisition cost and operating cost)

the BN negociated earlier with some naval correspondence.it was milgem with the turkey,the goverment of italy for the minervas and the montenegro for one of their ship.the deal never finalised because the turkey can't delivery milgem before 2018,the condition of the montenegro ship was poor and the asking price of the italian ship was too high.hope you get your answer now.and your link is practicaly useless dear. bdforever already answered that

Mmm. In this case, does 'too expensive' mean 'an unreasonable asking price' of 'asking price outside our budget'? There is a fundamental difference between the two.

On the use of the word 'dear', I would appreciate a less condescending approach. Esp, since you make claims without source references. See also my reply to Bdforever (i.e. come up with something better, rather than attempt only to shoot a hole)

mordernisation and new armament is not a waste of money.if it was then the usa never go for the new armament and technology when their extisting hardwares are more than enough.BN is doing well when it's a matter of defence.I think me and the other memebers still support more mordernisation and more funding for the BN.

I think you are not getting my point. Apologies for my inability to explain it in such a way that it is comprehensible to you.

Well, come up with something better e.g. post a better reference/link. Point here is that there is an attempt at comparison on 2 dimensions (acquisition cost and operating cost)

for reference ask chinese members here, i know what you are talking about, acquision cost is low for chinese warship, Turkish Milgem class corvette (2,300 ton) price is $141million (make it $150million).

unreasonable asking price for sure!and what was that valuable point as you mentioned your previous post that ''mordernisation is waste of money!''.pls clear it, i think its not only me but you confused all of us here lol
Mmm. In this case, does 'too expensive' mean 'an unreasonable asking price' of 'asking price outside our budget'? There is a fundamental difference between the two.

On the use of the word 'dear', I would appreciate a less condescending approach. Esp, since you make claims without source references. See also my reply to Bdforever (i.e. come up with something better, rather than attempt only to shoot a hole)

I think you are not getting my point. Apologies for my inability to explain it in such a way that it is comprehensible to you.

for reference ask chinese members here, i know what you are talking about, acquision cost is low for chinese warship, Turkish Milgem class corvette (2,300 ton) price is $141million (make it $150million).

F22P came at $175m apiece, including Z-8EC helicopter.

unreasonable asking price for sure!and what was that valuable point as you mentioned your previous post that ''mordernisation is waste of money!''.pls clear it, i think its not only me but you confused all of us here lol

I don't hear/see other people posting their disagreement...

Relative to what it ship or ships it would replace, used Ulsan class ships as they are provide a step up in capability. That is why they would be interesting to purchase. Considering BN budget and likely tasks/threats, how (which equipment at what cost) would you further improve the Ulsan ship by modification? Consider that modifying used Ulsans with different equipments makes unit price go up, possibly to the point where buying an alltogether new ship with the desired equipment may be a better option since that hull will last longer and a new ship will likely have lower manning levels due to e.g. firther automation (i.e. you've lost the key advantage of buying used in the first place....)

Unreasonable asking price is 'not in proportion with offered capability and available alternatives with same capability'. Sure it is not a matter of budget ("can we afford")?

into is not accurate in that link, it says type056corvette price is $250million, actually price is around $100 million.

What is your source for the $100million unit cost?

I've found this:
China’s shipbuilders are becoming increasingly competitive in terms of the ratio of cost to combat power they can deliver. For instance, the July 2011 issue of Shipborne Weapons reports that China will supply 6 potentially Air-Independent Propulsion (AIP)-equipped submarines to Pakistan for as little as 1/3 the unit price at which European shipyards would be able to supply comparable boats.

With the advent of the Type 041 Yuan-class diesel sub and Type 056 corvette, China now has two platforms for which it is already capable of series production and for which the unit costs are likely to drop significantly in coming years. The export version of Russia’s Steregushiy-class corvette, called Tigr, currently stands at around U.S. $150 million per vessel. As China’s Type 056 production run continues to expand, it would not be a surprise to eventually see the PLAN’s unit cost end up in the U.S. $110-120 million per vessel cost range, which would make the Type 056 a serious export competitor to the Tigr and other smaller Russian warships.
U.S. Navy Take Notice: China is Becoming a World-Class Military Shipbuilder | The Diplomat

Note it gives an indication of where unit cost may end up eventually, with a large mass production run. This means at present unit cost is (for now) higher. I'm sure unit cost of Russia's Tigr would also drop if production were increase from a pair per year for a total of 5 to say ten per year and total of 20 ships.

Does anyone know if Yak130 can fire anti-ship missiles??

How about giving the Navy 6 out of the 24 Yaks to station 3 in cox's bazar and 3 in Khulna??Good idea huh??

Probably the plan is to make them act as fighters during war time. Somewhere I read it can act as almost Mig-29, this could be one possible reason for selecting it.

Our strategists are not going to establish air attack capability for navy on south-west, their focus is on south-east while the enemy is on south-west :laughcry: . Cox's Bazar airbase is complete but there's (possibly) no plan for such one at Mongla. Anyway, if technically possible I think not retiring F-7s they can be used for navy/army air wing.

Does anyone know if Yak130 can fire anti-ship missiles??

In addition to its training role, the aircraft is capable of fulfilling Light Attack and Reconnaissance duties. It can carry a combat load of 3,000 kilograms (6,600 pounds), consisting of various guided and un-guided weapons, auxiliary fuel tanks and electronic pods.According to its chief designer Konstantin Popovich, during a testing phase that ended in December 2009, the plane was tested with "all airborne weapons with a weight of up to 500 kg that are in service in the Russian Air Force
Yakovlev Yak-130 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As is, the Yak 130 can take the Kh-25 ML (Nato designation AS-10 Karen) air-to-surface laser-guided missile. Also, a Platan electro-optical guidance pod is installed under the fuselage for deployment of the KAB-500Kr guided bomb. An open architecture avionics suite installed on the Yak-130 allows a wide range of western weapon systems and guided missiles to be integrated including the AGM-65 Maverick. Those weapons can be very effective in anti-ship roles.

Both Kh-31 Krypton and Kh-35 Uran AShM are well over 500 kg but you could probably fit a pair to the Yak 130 trainer. Lighter missiles would be preferable e.g. the Norwegian Naval Strike Missile (420kg) or Kongsberg Penguin.

But with e.g. the Kh-35:
Target designation data can be introduced into the missile from the launch aircraft or external sources.
Kh-35 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

|If the trainer Yak-130 had no radar of its own, it would be totally dependent on target data from external sources when using a missile like Kh-35. As it happens, the Yak-130 is fitted with the 8GHz to 12.5GHz Osa or Oca (Wasp) radar developed by NIIP Zhukovsky.

The radar has the capacity to track eight airborne targets simultaneously, simultaneously engage four targets at all angles and simultaneously track two ground targets. The detection range against 5m² cross section targets is 40km in the rear direction and 85km in the forward direction. The lock-on range for operation in automatic tracking mode is 65km.
The radar, which has adaptive waveforms and sidelobes, has a surface mapping mode which includes image freezing and zooming on areas of interest.
An alternative radar fit is the Kopyo (Spear) radar. The aircraft can also be fitted with a podded Platan (Palm Tree) infrared search and track targeting system.
Yak-130 Combat Trainer - Airforce Technology

HOwever:
Its NIIP Zhukovsky Osa radar offers adequate performance, with an effective range out to about 65 km. Some reports cite an alternative fit option using Phazotron’s Kopyo radar, which has been used in some MiG-21 upgrades. Yakolev is reportedly considering a radar switch to a new model that would add targeting-grade ground scans, or they might leave the existing radar in and add a radar targeting pod. Whatever they decide, that work isn’t expected to be done before 2014.
If a ground-capable radar is added, options will expand again. Irkut VP Komstantin Popovich has said that the Yak-130 design is stable and powerful enough to carry even a supersonic Kh-31/ AS-17 cruise missile, which would make the Yak-130 a far more dangerous plane.
Russia’s Yak-130 Trainer & Light Attack Jets

So, this leads me to believe the Yak 130 today would be dependent on externally supplied target data for targeting any larger dedicated AShM such as the Kh-31 or Kh-35.

Note that there is at present no dedicated strike/attack version.

Plans to develop a Light Attack Aircraft based on the Yak-130, came to a halt in the late 2011. Dubbed Yak-131, the aircraft failed to meet "enhanced pilot protection" requirements, put forward by the Russian Air Force.[5] Focus has shifted to a Sukhoi Su-25 replacement, instead.[6] The Light Attack Aircraft was slated to enter service by the year 2020.
Yakovlev Yak-130 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The LUS (Lyogkiy Udarnyi Samolyot, "Light Strike Aircraft") project's goal was to develop an attack aircraft to succeed the Sukhoi Su-25. Sukhoi's design was an unusual aircraft with two cockpits, a v-tail and a large fuselage. The left fuselage was to contain the piloting equipment and radar sensors, whereas the right fuselage was to accommodate the weapons systems and a Fire-control system. The aircraft was to be powered by one or two non-afterburning engines, and payload was to be stored within two large internal bays. Yakovlev and Mikoyan's design were based on their modified trainer models, the Yak-133 and the MiG-AC, respectively. The Yak-133 is a modification of the Yak-130, and the MiG-AC is a modification of the MiG-AT. The project was canceled in the early 1990s due to newer models of Su-25 proving to be sufficient in achieving this goal
Post-PFI Soviet/Russian aircraft projects - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps:

Cousin Alenia Armacchi M-346 uses Raytheon AGM-65 Maverick air-to-ground missiles and MBDA (formerly Alenia) Marte MK-2A anti-ship missiles.
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/yak/

From the beginning of the program, the M-346 has been conceived with additional operational capabilities, with the goal of providing a very capable multirole combat aircraft, particularly suited to ground and surface attack roles including CAS (Close Air Support), COIN (COunter INsurgency) or anti-ship missions as well as air police missions. Among the characteristics which make the M-346 an effective combat platform are:
- provision for multi-mode radar
Sensors – The M-346 can carry a targeting pod and provides space to install radar to detect and track both aerial and surface targets.
http://www.aleniaaermacchi.it/en-US/Media/Lists/ProductBrochures-Brochures/M-346.pdf

Marte Mk2A missile info
http://www.mbda-systems.com/mediagallery/files/marte_mk2_A_ds.pdf

Back
Top Bottom