What's new

Bangladesh Navy

thank you for your effort :), almost the same with ours, one branch gets trained locally the other gets trained in foreign soils. actually I was thinking of comparing ours with specs. So I'm looking for requirements and the tests you mentioned. regards

weapon and equipment:

Specialized weapons, Night vision device, Ballistic vest, Diving equipment and vehicles are available to SWADS teams for completion of their missions. A typical SWADS operator may be seen armed with:

1. 9mm semi-automatic pistols
2. Daewoo Precision Industries K5 Semi-automatic pistol
3. Daewoo Precision Industries K7 sub-machine gun
4. HK MP5 9mm sub-machine gun
5. BD-08 Assault Rifle
6. Daewoo K2 5.56 assault rifles
7. M-16a4
8. Colt M4 Carbine SOPMOD
9. HK M-416
10. M24 sniper rifle
11. Accuracy International AS50
12. Mk 19 grenade launcher

thank you for your effort :), almost the same with ours, one branch gets trained locally the other gets trained in foreign soils. actually I was thinking of comparing ours with specs. So I'm looking for requirements and the tests you mentioned. regards

I know about required tests to be qualified for SEAL/UDTs. Unfortunately, don't know what tests one Naval Commando or SEAL has to pass to be qualified for SWADS.

SEAL requirements:
1. Candidate has to be no. 3 ranked officer which is Lieutenant in Bangladesh Navy.
2. Has to complete CD (Clearance Diver) course.
3. Has to pass some physical exams like sprinter, swimming etc.

Naval Commando requirements:
I think like basic commando of Army anyone of Navy other than civilian personnel can take this course. So, both officers and sailors are eligible for this course.

wrong info , Bangladesh Navy seal (swads) trained by US navy seal and south korean Navy UDT.

SWADS are trained by them locally in Bangladesh...SEAL and SWADS are different. For taking SEAL commando course Navy officials visit Korea or China. Just try to understand SEALs are commandos and SWADS is a special force like RAB, SSF etc.
SWADS personnel are at least commandos (SEALs or Naval Commando) other than logistic guys.

BTW, look at this post by COMBAN http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/168818-bangladesh-navy-20.html#post3880439 .

You're an immature poster, so I'm not going hard way. Next time think before coming in argument, the way you jumped with the words "wrong info" make you look like immature one. Anyway, sparing you this time, I've seen your such attitudes several times. For your info, there are 2 SEALs from my family...one took his course from Korea while the other guy took it from China. One of them is my brother.

SWADS are trained by them locally in Bangladesh...SEAL and SWADS are different. For taking SEAL commando course Navy officials visit Korea or China. Just try to understand SEALs are commandos and SWADS is a special force like RAB, SSF etc.
SWADS personnel are at least commandos (SEALs or Naval Commando) other than logistic guys.

i think you have some misconception, Bangladesh navy seal is called SWADS ( they are at a time para-commandos , paratrooper), Bangladesh navy has no other special force.

BTW, look at this post by COMBAN http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/168818-bangladesh-navy-20.html#post3880439 .

You're an immature poster, so I'm not going hard way. Next time think before coming in argument, the way you jumped with the words "wrong info" make you look like immature one. Anyway, sparing you this time, I've seen your such attitudes several times. For your info, there are 2 SEALs from my family...one took his course from Korea while the other guy took it from China. One of them is my brother.
this is show who is immature poster according to your link :
The commandos of SWADS unit are not only SEAL (US & Korea) or SWADS trained, there are members who are trained in Bangladesh Army and in other foreign military organizations. SWADS is a Special Warfare Unit of commandos trained in different organizations. It also has non-commando members for maintenance and logistic support.
(commandos are part of SWADS) . read again and again

wrong info , Bangladesh Navy seal (swads) trained by US navy seal and south korean Navy UDT.

Nearly the same armament. I think our navies should co-operate :D

1. SIG P-226/227/229
2. MP-7 (In future)
3. M-249 SAW
4. HK MP5
5. G-3A7 As Marksman
6. SIG.512 Assault Rifle
7. Remington Shotgun
8. M4A1 CQB Mod.0
9. HK-416
10. M24 sniper rifle
12. M23 grenade launcher
13- JNG-90
14- FN Minimi

Also there's an exchange program 2 times a year between (Izmir-Foca) NavalCommando Course and (US) John F. Kennedy Naval Special Warfare Center. Sometimes Trainers also participate with candidates :)

Nearly the same armament. I think our navies should co-operate :D

1. SIG P-226/227/229
2. MP-7 (In future)
3. M-249 SAW
4. HK MP5
5. G-3A7 As Marksman
6. SIG.512 Assault Rifle
7. Remington Shotgun
8. M4A1 CQB Mod.0
9. HK-416
10. M24 sniper rifle
12. M23 grenade launcher
13- JNG-90
14- FN Minimi

Also there's an exchange program 2 times a year between (Izmir-Foca) NavalCommando Course and (US) John F. Kennedy Naval Special Warfare Center. Sometimes Trainers also participate with candidates :)

i think it is on the process.
1. bangladesh -turkey joined 4th generation tank projects
2. I heard bangladesh will build 12-16 milgem class corvette in Bangladesh under license and with help of turkey.

lets see :D

I told you in a previous post that SWADS consists of two types of commando- Naval Commando and SEAL/UDT. Naval Commandos are trained locally whereas SEAL/UDTs are trained in Korea/China. So, other than logistic support all the people are at least commandos. Now what the requirement for a commando to get qualified for SWADS I don't know. Possibly some sort of tests are to be passed, @COMBAN might enlighten us on this.

Little correction for you. SEAL training is not imparted in China, It’s conducted in USA, South Korea. And Bangladesh Navy Commando unit consists of not only BN, USN & ROKN trained commandos but also BD Army trained commando members.
Volunteers are selected for the commando course basing on the following tests:
1. Physical ability test: Mile test putting on wet suit, swimming test and other physical test i.e. pushup, Beam (chin-up), reach-up, etc. within stipulated time.
2. Chamber test.
3. Thorough medical checkup.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it is on the process.
1. bangladesh -turkey joined 4th generation tank projects
2. I heard bangladesh will build 12-16 milgem class corvette in Bangladesh under license and with help of turkey.

lets see :D

No bd never joined Altay tank project ... it bought downgraded version of AK.. also do u know how much 12-16 milgems will cost? maybe ur entire defence budget for 4 years.

weapon and equipment:

Specialized weapons, Night vision device, Ballistic vest, Diving equipment and vehicles are available to SWADS teams for completion of their missions. A typical SWADS operator may be seen armed with:

1. 9mm semi-automatic pistols
2. Daewoo Precision Industries K5 Semi-automatic pistol
3. Daewoo Precision Industries K7 sub-machine gun
4. HK MP5 9mm sub-machine gun
5. BD-08 Assault Rifle
6. Daewoo K2 5.56 assault rifles
7. M-16a4
8. Colt M4 Carbine SOPMOD
9. HK M-416
10. M24 sniper rifle
12. Mk 19 grenade launcher

LOL... they only have m-4s,mp-5s and bd-08s rest is just wiki bs..... unless u have pics or source for tht info... to be honest Pak has the best armed and geared SF in the entire region.

No bd never joined Altay tank project ... it bought downgraded version of AK.. also do u know how much 12-16 milgems will cost? maybe ur entire defence budget for 4 years.

LOL... they only have m-4s,mp-5s and bd-08s rest is just wiki bs..... unless u have pics or source for tht info... to be honest Pak has the best armed and geared SF in the entire region.
1. Bangladesh-Turkey joined 4th generation tank project is on the process, not finalized.
2. when i told you that bangladesh will build them in one year , it can be over the 10 years.
3. now prove that SWADS only use m-4, mp-5 and bd-08.
4. Did i compare SWADS with SF ?, why you bring PAK SF ?

also do u know how much 12-16 milgems will cost? maybe ur entire defence budget for 4 years.

One unit of stealth Milgem Corvette may cost $250 million if BN purchases directly from Turkey an entire ship. But, shipbuilding industry itself is quite matured in Bangladesh. So, we can contract a Turkish builder to supply us one or two units of Corvettes at their entirety, we design the next ones with Turkish help, build ourselves the main body, and then Turkey supplies us the missiles and armaments. We fit them in the ships with their technical collaboration.

This is how it is quite possible to build up our own technical knowledge on building warships. It will not be possible for us to build the armaments, but once we build only the body of a warship on our own, the production cost will go down. We are certainly capable of doing this. BN may have a program to do like what I said after it has finished the building of 5 patrol crafts (50m long) with Chinese assistance.

This is very natural that we will not stop at building only Corvettes (stealth or not), we will go to much higher value warships, you can rest assured of it.

also do u know how much 12-16 milgems will cost? maybe ur entire defence budget for 4 years.

One unit of stealth Milgem Corvette may cost $250 million if BN purchases directly from Turkey an entire ship. But, shipbuilding industry itself is quite matured in Bangladesh. So, we can contract a Turkish builder to supply us one or two units of Corvettes at their entirety, we design the next ones with Turkish help, build ourselves the main body, and then Turkey supplies us the missiles and armaments. We fit them in the ships with their technical collaboration.

This is how it is quite possible to build up our own technical knowledge on building warships. It will not be possible for us to build the armaments, but once we build only the body of a warship on our own, the production cost will go down. We are certainly capable of doing this. BN may have a program to do like what I said after it has finished the building of 5 patrol crafts (50m long) with Chinese assistance.

This is very natural that we will not stop at building only Corvettes (stealth or not), we will go to much higher value warships, you can rest assured of it.

BN offical said we will be able to build frigate by ourselves within 2021

Little correction for you. SEAL training is not imparted in China, It’s conducted in USA, South Korea. And Bangladesh Navy Commando unit consists of not only BN, USN & ROKN trained commandos but also BD Army trained commando members.
Volunteers are selected for the commando course basing on the following tests:
1. Physical ability test: Mile test putting on wet suit, swimming test and other physical test i.e. pushup, Beam (chin-up), reach-up, etc. within stipulated time.
2. Chamber test.
3. Thorough medical checkup.

Thanks for clearing us on BN commando. Regarding SEAL course, one I know who had his course from China though it was almost 12/13 years ago. Probably Chinese SEAL training has been stopped nowadays.

BN offical said we will be able to build frigate by ourselves within 2021

I am surprised at the tone of arrogance in the post sent by @PakistaniNationlist. How can he say only a $250 million Corvette is equal to our entire defence budget? Let people note that it was our political indepedence from the clutshes of both our north Indian neighbours that was needed to propel us to develop not only in the economy, but also in the miltary field.

We will not allow ourselves to be seated in the back bench. If one studies the industrial development of all the present day developed countries, he will see that domestic military industry is the way to deveop also the civilian industries. So, building our own planes, however tiny it may be, as well as navy ships and other armaments is a prerequisite for the industrial develoment of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Bangladesh-Turkey joined 4th generation tank project is on the process, not finalized.

Than why did u buy VTA-1?Also source of the news.
2. when i told you that bangladesh will build them in one year , it can be over the 10 years.

bd doesnt even have a sub and ur talking abt 4-5 billion worth of corvettes?
3. now prove that SWADS only use m-4, mp-5 and bd-08.

Prove me wrong. show us pics or official sources no wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom