What's new

Bangladesh India’s ‘most important neighbour’

Your scientific method of economic data collection is impressive.

At topic - India's interest in BD is from a security point and for the north east states. What can India offer in return, access to our market and road access to other states.

The biggest problem in realising this is the really low quality politics in BD that uses the indian bogeyman. BTW while the current govt has helped to crack down on armed forces operating out of BD against India, the previous one actively helped funnel trouble in India. Those religiously motivated people are still a force in BD and as such from a security viewpoint India can not lower its guard.

Dont u think we deserve water share and solve land related disputes.

Dose anyone know this?only 48%of India's bangla speaking state is funded by central gov.if Bangladesh close its boarder for 60days the entire economic balance will collapse. The guy who said it is a nonbengali hotelier's in Kolkata.

Why central gov will finance 100% to a state?
Dont u think if india closes its border our entire food security will collapse.

Those religiously motivated people are still a force in BD and as such from a security viewpoint India can not lower its guard.

Yes, remind us since when did ever Jamaatis started to run around with C-4 vests, AK-47's and RPG's randomly slaughtering Indians :lol:

I ask again, how is it that there are more than 150 Indian corporations are safely and profitably doing business in Bangladesh at present? Many of whom still operated during the BNP/Jamaat administration?

As for the source, here it is:
He said more than 150 Indian companies are now operating in Bangladesh with investments worth around $4 billion.
Indian businesses keen to invest in Bangladesh's power

And since you say India is the boogeyman in the 'low quality' politics of Bangladesh, then I guess Jamaat/Pakistan/China are India's boogeymen too. Hell, every country has a boogeyman!

And as far as 'low quality' politics are concerned, Shiekh Hasina said something very intriguing in parliament last week.

She said that when she was an opposition leader during the BNP/Jamaat administration, she wasn't offered lunch by the Indian prime minister during her visit to India at the time. However, when Khaleda Zia visited India last year as the present opposition leader, she was offered lunch by the prime minister.

So according to Hasina's logic, that makes Khaleda Zia and the BNP a bigger dalal than she and AL is. And this coming from a nation's prime minister.

So, does that make the BNP a bigger dalal? :D

Yes, remind us since when did ever Jamaatis started to run around with C-4 vests, AK-47's and RPG's randomly slaughtering Indians :lol:

I ask again, how is it that there are more than 150 Indian corporations are safely and profitably doing business in Bangladesh at present? Many of whom still operated during the BNP/Jamaat administration?

As for the source, here it is:

Indian businesses keen to invest in Bangladesh's power

And since you say India is the boogeyman in the 'low quality' politics of Bangladesh, then I guess Jamaat/Pakistan/China are India's boogeymen too. Hell, every country has a boogeyman!

And as far as 'low quality' politics are concerned, Shiekh Hasina said something very intriguing in parliament last week.

She said that when she was an opposition leader during the BNP/Jamaat administration, she wasn't offered lunch by the Indian prime minister during her visit to India at the time. However, when Khaleda Zia visited India last year as the present opposition leader, she was offered lunch by the prime minister.

So according to Hasina's logic, that makes Khaleda Zia and the BNP a bigger dalal than she and AL is. And this coming from a nation's prime minister.

So, does that make the BNP a bigger dalal? :D

Are you denying elements in the previous administration sheltered ULFA? Are you denying jamatis and their brothers are anti india on ideological grounds and have a history of going ultra violent? Do you not think illegal immigration into india that is threatening to change demographics is a security threat to India???

We think all of the above are security threats and we must keep our guard up. I did not say do not work with BNP or anything remotely like that. I have no doubt a majority of BD people are just normal people who pose no threat to India, but precautions are always for the other trouble makers.

Are you denying elements in the previous administration sheltered ULFA? Are you denying jamatis and their brothers are anti india on ideological grounds and have a history of going ultra violent? Do you not think illegal immigration into india that is threatening to change demographics is a security threat to India???

We think all of the above are security threats and we must keep our guard up. I did not say do not work with BNP or anything remotely like that. I have no doubt a majority of BD people are just normal people who pose no threat to India, but precautions are always for the other trouble makers.

Regarding ULFA, the army were simply indifferent to ULFA presence since they were not a threat to Bangladesh. That was what India was whining about in the first place.

And if they were really intentionally sheltering ULFA rebels, then how is it that Bangladeshi security forces captured a huge arms haul destined to ULFA rebels? That happened during the BNP/Jamaat administration.

Jamaatis are anti-India on an ideological stance? Why, yes. And they had their reasons for opposing separation from Pakistan. And ultra-violent in how? Some rowdy protests?

On a side note, remember Bangla Bhai? The self-proclaimed veteran of the Soviet-Afghan war? Yeah, that terrorist was captured and executed during the BNP/Jamaat admin. Along with his lackeys.

The issue of illegal immigration is not our problem.

Though, that didn't answer my questions regarding as to why India hasn't removed Bangladesh from the terror list it shares with Pakistan despite the current government's work against ULFA and oh-so-scary Jamaat. Bangladesh and India do not have any major territorial disputes like India has with Pakistan.

And that policy makes it difficult for Bangladesh to trade and do business with India on its own terms in a fair and balanced manner. And this is relevant since the transit is an issue. I wonder how Bangladesh would fare if it ever becomes reality...

Other than that, it's short-sightedness at best on India's part.

Regarding ULFA, the army were simply indifferent to ULFA presence since they were not a threat to Bangladesh. That was what India was whining about in the first place.

And if they were really intentionally sheltering ULFA rebels, then how is it that Bangladeshi security forces captured a huge arms haul destined to ULFA rebels? That happened during the BNP/Jamaat administration.

Jamaatis are anti-India on an ideological stance? Why, yes. And they had their reasons for opposing separation from Pakistan. And ultra-violent in how? Some rowdy protests?

On a side note, remember Bangla Bhai? The self-proclaimed veteran of the Soviet-Afghan war? Yeah, that terrorist was captured and executed during the BNP/Jamaat admin. Along with his lackeys.

Though, that didn't answer my questions regarding as to why India hasn't removed Bangladesh from the terror list it shares with Pakistan despite the current government's work against ULFA and oh-so-scary Jamaat. Bangladesh and India do not have any major territorial disputes like India has with Pakistan.

And that policy makes it difficult for Bangladesh to trade and do business with India on its own terms in a fair and balanced manner. And this is relevant since the transit is an issue. I wonder how Bangladesh would fare if it ever becomes reality...

Dude, indifferent or not, if a foreign armed force is in BD its BD responsibility to handle it. If they can't then its a security threat to India and India must take steps to handle it.

Same goes for illegal immigration. It may not be your problem but its a serious problem for India and you must not blame India for being careful.

Jamaat (the right wing islamists) - like in Pakistan - have the knack of facilitating terrorism. They were indeed untra violent in 1971 and some terrorist attacks in India have been tracked back to BD. Jamaat or not, someone was helping them.

These are facts, and India is well within her rights to deal with it. We can differ on the method of doing so, and the list you name of I'm not even aware of, so can not comment.

U r talking in favor of BD that is good.
But cant deny the fact those arms captured was unwillingly done by that gov.
And rise of bangla bhai and jmb that was done by support of jamat. And gov didnt wanted to take action willingly.
And why isnt jamaat's violent will be treated as ultraviolet as they damaged 3 bn taka worth properties just in 3 days.
And killed police and caused death of other civilian's and attack on minorities and national symbols.

Bangladesh India's 'most important Vassal State'

Indian govt. have been meddling in Bangladesh land mass since 1950's till today. That is tantamount to waging a covert war against our people. It is up to Indian people to uncover their govt. covert operations and wrong doing, stop these acts of war and only then there can be normal relations between two countries and people.

Bangladesh belongs to its 160 million people, not to India or Indian agents.

I feel its important that Bangladeshi conglomerates get a piece of stake of the Indian Market. I remember a time when AMUL milk competely destroyed the milk industry in Bangladesh not that I am complaining, but we should also be allowed to take our products and exploit the Indian markets. Win/win for all. At the moment, I can't agree more with most of Loki's comments.

Back
Top Bottom