What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

Good move... Everybody wins. It's not justice though, but it will restore the peace.

Lets hope she pushes the army to address the root cause of the problem as well.

Defintely a good move.After all they are our soldiers.

The army will have to mend its way of treating these BDR jawans.And I hope their demands are met.

I told you before, dont argue before you know something... where did you get the info there were 1000 BDR??!!! and again I repeat, BDR never attacked any Indian territory but it was always the BSF who did it...
As far I remember, 94 BSF personnels attacked 16 BDR personnels... and there, 34-40 BSF personnels were killed and many got wounded...

Well we shall argue about this in an another thread or so..!! Infact we are derailing the thread.

And its good news that PM have decieded to give amnesty to the soldiers. It means everyone sympathasises with the BDR personnels. But if they have killed anybody i would say that they should be punished. Else the innocent life lost would not get justice..!!! And it will set a precedent..!!!!

But if they have killed anybody i would say that they should be punished. Else the innocent life lost would not get justice..!!! And it will set a precedent..!!!!

That's not you to say who should be punished and who should not.

Well we shall argue about this in an another thread or so..!! Infact we are derailing the thread.

And its good news that PM have decieded to give amnesty to the soldiers. It means everyone sympathasises with the BDR personnels. But if they have killed anybody i would say that they should be punished. Else the innocent life lost would not get justice..!!! And it will set a precedent..!!!!

Right now amnesty is the best option for all.It was one of their demands.

There are at least 67000 BDR personnel.If the demands were not met they would go to war as they said before.With the fire arms under their possesion,they can certainly do so.

Your BSF has been on high alert,I heard.And ordered not to retaliate to reply to any firing by BDR.Bangladesh army soldiers are sent to the Border,in case the BDR men do anything silly.

I heard army tanks were rolling into Dhaka,may be a rumour.

Right now amnesty is the best option for all.It was one of their demands.

There are at least 67000 BDR personnel.If the demands were not met they would go to war as they said before.With the fire arms under their possesion,they can certainly do so.

Your BSF has been on high alert,I heard.And ordered not to retaliate to reply to any firing by BDR.Bangladesh army soldiers are sent to the Border,in case the BDR men do anything silly.

I heard army tanks were rolling into Dhaka,may be a rumour.

I think army is strong enough to control the mutiny.However giving amenesty is a peaceful solution. But the lifes lost should not go uncounted. And appropriate actions needs to be taken against them, while meeting their fair demands.

That would increase the strength of the system. Else this would give license for any future mutiny and people will be forced to take arms for any other second reason.

War will continue until demands are met, mutineers say
Star Online Report

“If the prime minister do not meet our demands, declare amnesty and withdraw army, our war will not end,” said a BDR jawan inside the BDR headquarters at Pilkhana.

Talking to reporters, many BDR jawans uttered the same demands and urged the prime minister and home minister to come. “We want to tell them that we need freedom.”

“Everybody knows how miserably we live. We cannot work independently. We don’t have a department of our own.”

They also demanded all BDR officers including the ones at Pilkhana be withdrawn.

“We have no problem to surrender our arms. But we won’t turn ourselves in until our demands are met, and this war will continue.”

“If the prime minister and the cabinet come here, we will make an arrangement for their safe arrival. We will tell them our demands. They have to promise us that our demands would be met."

The BDR jawans claimed that there were up to 20,000 BDR soldiers inside the headquarters.

“If necessary, all of these 20,000 soldiers will embrace martyrdom for their demands.”

In a message on a piece of paper which was thrown out to journalists through BDR gate-4, mutinous jawans urged people to stand beside them and extend their cooperation, UNB reports.

“We’ve taken up arms today because we’ve been repressed by army officers for long,” the mutineers’ message reads.

“Our rights were snatched away and our back was pushed to the wall. Stand beside us,” says the message of the rebels holed up inside the HQ cordoned off by army and RAB troops.

The angry soldiers said one officer was killed and some others were injured. But they did not name the officers.

“We will free them after the prime minister and the home minister fulfill our demands.”

The BDR members demanded the armoury and tanks be taken back for any type of talks.

The Daily Star - Details News

This was earlier in the day.Clearly shows their discontent with the army generals.

But the lifes lost should not go uncounted. And appropriate actions needs to be taken against them, while meeting their fair demands.

One should wonder about Bangladeshi people lost their life in hand of BSF.

I think army is strong enough to control the mutiny.However giving amenesty is a peaceful solution. But the lifes lost should not go uncounted. And appropriate actions needs to be taken against them, while meeting their fair demands.

That would increase the strength of the system. Else this would give license for any future mutiny and people will be forced to take arms for any other second reason.

Court martial trials of those men would spark of such revolt which is beyond our imagination.I know its sad that civilians suffered.But right now this is best for all.After all these are the same men,because of whom we can sleep so safely and soundly.While they toil hard day and night.

Bodies of 2 BDR officers retrieved from Kamrangirchar
Star Online Report

Police retrieved the bodies of two officers of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) from Kamrangirchar in the city this afternoon.

The deceased were identified as Colonel Mujib and Colonel Enayet.

Police believed they went out of BDR headquarters shortly after the mutiny started and were killed.

I guess they were from the army who are transferred to BDR.

Post something of substance or stay out. - Blain

Last edited by a moderator:
Leon you should take that tone with your indian friend Not with me.

In case you forgot,I already took that tone with my Indian friend.Now shall we discuss something more usefull?

Let's look at the civilian casualities.

1 killed, 16 hurt by stray bullets

At least one person was killed and 16 others were injured by stray bullets at the nearby areas of the BDR Headquarters during gunfights at the headquarters.

The gunfight broke out at about 7:45 this morning with firing thousands of rounds of gunshot at the BDR Headquarters as “angry and aggrieved” BDR soldiers launched a violent and armed mutiny against their high command.

The identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.

The injured people, including a Dhaka University (DU) student, who received bullet wounds, were admitted to different hospitals in the city.

Of the injured, Kamrun Nahar, a fourth year student of Bangla Department at the Dhaka University, Lance Nayak Abdul Khan along with two other BDR men, Monir Hossain, 18, an embroidery shop worker, and Akhter, 16, a tea shop worker, and five others were admitted to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).

While other injured -- Rubel, 12, Shakil, 23, Sajjad, 35, and Ifad, a BBA student of United International University, and Sumon -- were admitted to Bangladesh Medical College Hospital.

Back
Top Bottom