What's new

Bangladesh: Coup??

Wasn't it a hizbul tahir affiliate who coined the slogan : amra sobai taliban, bd hobe Afghanistan!

Nope.. Those folks are long dead.
Hizbut Tahrir are not Madrasa rooted organization. They are mainly urban legend, has no support base in the villages or in mosque, not even in Madrasa. They are more inclinded to primitive weapons like Hammer, Lati, bricks, and sometimes Martial Arts.. LOL

@Zabaniya do you have any doubt now about Apocalypse being a flase falgger INDIAN. These indians don't have an iota of shame.
Pretending to be someone else with another countries flag. How low a person can get.

I don't dislike any particular religion. But religion is part of a person's private life. It must not affect state affairs.

Yes, I'm Bangladeshi, the only difference between you and me is that I look at things from a scientific point of view and you mullahs look at things from a rigid "my way or you go under my machete" point of view. :P

Right...right...and yet your 'scientific mind' fails to prove that the army is being infiltrated by mere nutjobs.

You satisfied with your rants now?

@Zabaniya do you have any doubt now about Apocalypse being a flase falgger INDIAN. These indians don't have an iota of shame.
Pretending to be someone else with another countries flag. How low a person can get.

mmm...:rolleyes:

Acolypse is a Bangladeshi Atheist. You have problem with that? when you can naked all atheist and hindus, why cant he say something about mullahas. he has every right to do so..

Most Bangladeshi Muslims are religious-minded, but not strictly in a political sense. That's why Jamaat hardly gained votes throughout the entire history of the nation.

The entire drama just doesn't make much sense.

There's somethign else that also doesn't make any sense.

I understand Al-Zakir and MSaint's points of view: they are pious Muslims and so they want to establish Islamic statehood and the Shariah Law, as per the scriptures. Nothing wrong with that from an Islamic perspective.

I and strictly secular people like me can openly proclaim that we don't believe in any religion, so we're against mullahcracies.

But what's wrong with some of you guys here? Certainly, you can be either a full Muslim or a full non-Muslim.

There's no middle ground here. How can you mix and match Islamic and secular principles, and then follow a customized set of principles? Most Bangladeshis seem to be seriously confused.

Apologies for offending many of my countrymen. But we need a healthy debate on "what our ideals are" and "how to settle the differences" (there's a way..i'll tell you later!).

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Right...right...and yet your 'scientific mind' fails to prove that the army is being infiltrated by mere nutjobs.

That's cute. I wasn't even talking about infiltration. lol.

Isnt this hizbul tahir banned? even BNP recognizes this party as a terrorist organization.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

I understand Al-Zakir and MSaint's points of view: they are pious Muslims and so they want to establish Islamic statehood and the Shariah Law, as per the scriptures. Nothing wrong with that from an Islamic perspective.

I and strictly secular people like me can openly proclaim that we don't believe in any religion, so we're against mullahcracies.

But what's wrong with some of you guys here? Certainly, you can be either a full Muslim or a full non-Muslim.

There's no middle ground here. How can mix and match Islamic and secular principles? Most Bangladeshis seem to be seriously confused.

Apologies for offending many of my countrymen. But we need a healthy debate on "what are ideals are" and "how to settle the differences" (there's a way..i'll tell you later!).

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

One can certainly keep his/her religious ideals to himself, i pray 5 times but i do not force my ideals on someone else. You can be a jew, muslim, hindu or a martian, i wouldn't care as long as you dont come in my way and my ideals. I see everyone as a potential customer, so i am not in the business of hating.

There's no middle ground here. How can you mix and match Islamic and secular principles, and then follow a customized set of principles? Most Bangladeshis seem to be seriously confused.

Apologies for offending many of my countrymen. But we need a healthy debate on "what our ideals are" and "how to settle the differences" (there's a way..i'll tell you later!).

Everyone has his right to freedom of expression. Be it religious or secular. Even if Jamaat isn't the most popular political party, they can still speak.

Isn't that what you were implying?

You claimed that many of your relatives were in the army. Did you ever notice a single instance of extremism within the army? Or that it is sheltering them? Do you really believe that some random nutjob group like HuT can influence the army?

Prove to us that it is being used that way, which you and your Indian friends failed miserably.

Everyone has his right to freedom of expression. Be it religious or secular. Even if Jamaat isn't the most popular political party, they can still speak.

Isn't that what you were implying?

Jamaat is a perfectly legal political party, they have every right to voice their ideals.

Jamaat is a perfectly legal political party, they have every right to voice their ideals.

Of-course, I never stated that it is a terrorist group. But I personally do question their views.

Of-course, I never stated that it is a terrorist group. But I personally do question their views.

They have every right to say we should go back to Pakistan, it is a country where free speech should be allowed. They can say whatever they want as long as it does not show hate towards a particular sect. Afterall Bangladesh is the land of the free and millions have given their lives to make it possible.

No most probably the islami okko jot lead by amini and some other's had once gave that slogan out of stupidity and ignorance or simply in youthfulness :)

No it appeared in an article 5 years ago written by Jaideep Saikia who was sponsored by RAW. The article originally claimed that the Freedom Party used this slogan but this was nonsense. A few months later other Islamic parties were accused of using this slogan which was again complete nonsense. It is a slogan invented by RAW and now some people in Bangladesh think that it is real.

Because I'm very anti-Islamist parties, to the core.

Farhan, look I know you like Jamat, and I'm in no way implying Jamat is an evil group.

Look at history: Fundamentalists are not always evil.

General Zia in Pakistan was a fundamentalist (idealist). Fundamentalist policies eventually lead to rise of extremists. These extremists then turn against the fundamentalists themselves. I don't think General Zia of Pk ever foresaw this chaotic state of affairs in Pakistan.

Today you see guys like al-zakir supporting the extremists. But once the extremists consolidate their power in our soil, al-zakir's children would be some of the innumerable victims in the future - victims of "not being islamic enough". Because once it gets extreme, extremists compete to offer more extreme extremism. :D

What do you mean?? His children will be perfectly fine in the west, but his people are the ones that will suffer.

Uh Indian perspective? Not so much, I am talking about Western Perspective. Am sure EU would love to do business with the guys who are calling for the expulsion of EU "Embassadors" from their Muslim land.

Go ahead and vote them into power or better yet support their coup. That will be the best thing that could happen for BAngladesh's economy.

An EU and America hating ISlamic group overthrows a democratically elected government to usurp power. Go for it :disagree:

Hahaha you said it...

@Bangladeshis

Vote them into power then. All you over sea-Bangladeshis go and support any dictatorship. You can have a military dictator and take the route nations like Pakistan, and other African nations took. You think India will mind?? You're more then welcome to take that route..

You are missing the point. For a coup to be staged, it needs enough justification for it along with the support and commitment of high-ranking officers. And for the forces to be mobilized.

They failed, didn't they? Just pointing out a logical flaw in your reasoning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom