What's new

Bangladesh building missile arsenal

Also,the Dalai Lama is a Noble Peace Prize winner so India is fully entitled to support him.He is not some Osama Bin Laden.

dont u know, usama is imaginary, pakistanis r not dumb enough not to realize this truth!!!!, usama is fake, al-quaeeda is fake!!!

Last edited:
If Pak does not feel it gets a lolipop... good. Tell that to your countryman who feels that way.

Please! if anyone that needs to be told its your country men who are fed with nothing but GOI BS. But anyways i would still like to know what you refer to it as lollipop?

"well we have passed through the same era when US use to look us the same way,"

Doesn't this line highlight the point about a jealous wife I made ..... !!

I was reffering it to the context of which you guys like to portray your developing relations with the US by calling it a long term strategic and what not partnership. My point was that it all comes down to the US interest and for now that interest clearly is with India w.r.t China. At one time it was with us w.r.t to Russia. Now if you want to call it being an angry wife, then do so by all means, frankly doesnt matter after all the long term implications has to be beared by India not us. India is already alienating with all its neighbours even BD and like they say Friends can change, neighbours cant be you guys need to realize this fact. The sooner you do the better it would be for the whole S.A region.

As regards you not giving a damn, it does not matter if you do or don't. For India, "looks " & colour of the skin don't matter .No one has forgotten the presence of the 7th fleet in the Bay of Bengal in '71 nor has anyone forgotten the debacle of '62. Relevant lessons have been learnt & are not forgotten..ever.

Ask Shippla shety if the colour matters or not.

India is not a perfect country but years of stability with regards to the basics of running a nation have given us a consistent foreign policy which no Govt messes with.

And, the 1st unwritten princlple of foreign policy is " what suits me in the short & long term".

Yeah yeah India this and India that. A piece of advice for you to come down to earth and see what in reality India is. Your Government went out of the league to accommodate US and yet you call it a stable foreign policy. While i would agree that India as compared to pakistan has more stable foreign policy but not that stable as you like to call it. Now we all know who backed off from the IPI project and for what reasons. We also know why India was going arms way to criticize China over Tibet and was hosting such anti Chinese campaign.

But anyways this thread is about BD building missiles and we should not turn it into another India vs Pakistan never ending debate.

Please! if anyone that needs to be told its your country men who are fed with nothing but GOI BS. But anyways i would still like to know what you refer to it as lollipop?

Pls refer to post # 48 .

I was reffering it to the context of which you guys like to portray your developing relations with the US by calling it a long term strategic and what not partnership. My point was that it all comes down to the US interest and for now that interest clearly is with India w.r.t China. At one time it was with us w.r.t to Russia. Now if you want to call it being an angry wife, then do so by all means, frankly doesnt matter after all the long term implications has to be beared by India not us. India is already alienating with all its neighbours even BD and like they say Friends can change, neighbours cant be you guys need to realize this fact. The sooner you do the better it would be for the whole S.A region.

Like I said earlier, if India is making an error in judgement.. it will pay for it. Why don't you relax till then ?
Ask Shippla shety if the colour matters or not.

Is this your idea of humour or simply a retort ?

Yeah yeah India this and India that. A piece of advice for you to come down to earth and see what in reality India is. Your Government went out of the league to accommodate US and yet you call it a stable foreign policy. While i would agree that India as compared to pakistan has more stable foreign policy but not that stable as you like to call it. Now we all know who backed off from the IPI project and for what reasons. We also know why India was going arms way to criticize China over Tibet and was hosting such anti Chinese campaign.

But anyways this thread is about BD building missiles and we should not turn it into another India vs Pakistan never ending debate.

Point taken.. lets revert to the topic.. espically since you have all the answers, luckily , our Govts dont need or take advice form us..

Those C-801s/802s are not a joke either. They can ruin your day just as badly as an Exocet/Harpoon. If its Chinese it does not mean that its non-functional. Its very easy to write them off when playing arm chair Adm, but an entirely different thing when you have to operate in an environment where the other side is known to have this Chinese capability.
But ofcourse. You hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

C801 - Not too shabby at all. It is rumored that it was a C802 that took out the INS Hanit during the recent Israeli-Hizballah war.

Didnt take it out. Damaged it-that too when the ship had its radars and EW sensors as well as Barak Systems turned off. Any AShM would do that, i never said that it is not effective. It however lacks the kind of EW resistance or the manouvering capabilities exhibited by the aforementioned missiles.
I stick to my statement, BD is getting a decent AShM now, far better than the C-80x series.

So why didn't Bangladesh come to Pakistan for it's missile needs? Bitterness?

Bangladesh has taken the first step ..........

Not bitterness as national security is more important than such sentiments and we have already seen the Indian reaction with this purchase from China. Acquiring missiles from Pakistan would just aggravate tensions with India but I think its just a matter of time now.

Bangladesh has taken the first step ..........

Not bitterness as national security is more important than such sentiments and we have already seen the Indian reaction with this purchase from China. Acquiring missiles from Pakistan would just aggravate tensions with India but I think its just a matter of time now.

Bangladesh should pile up its defense cooperation with Pakistan and China as much as possible...
we should stop kissin india's *** rite now...

I would think that Bangladesh realize that Chinese missile tech. is better and superior, and Pakistan's missile tech. are based on Chinese tech. anyways. So it is natural for Bangladesh to go directly to the source.

Politically, it could be that they want to avoid upsetting India too much.

I would think that Bangladesh realize that Chinese missile tech. is better and superior, and Pakistan's missile tech. are based on Chinese tech. anyways. So it is natural for Bangladesh to go directly to the source.

Politically, it could be that they want to avoid upsetting India too much.

Yes of course - it would make perfect sense that way , with moderate relatiosn with China (currently) . India would rather have Bangladesh do business with China than the perennial enemy.

I think Bangladesh's defense procurement policies should no longer be dictated by what India thinks about it. India does not pay attention to what its neighbors think about its defense policies so why should its neighbors consider Indian sensibilities.

I think Bangladesh's defense procurement policies should no longer be dictated by what India thinks about it. India does not pay attention to what its neighbors think about its defense policies so why should its neighbors consider Indian sensibilities.

And Finacially how much Bangladesh is going to afford the defense procurement. Mr. Munshi it will be nowhere that India has to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom