What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Bangladesh Plans to Buy 24 Russian Jet Trainers

LANGKAWI (Malaysia), March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Bangladesh is planning to buy 24 Yak-130 Mitten jet trainers on $1 billion credit from Russia, Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Wednesday.

“Bangladesh has a whole list of arms it wants, but so far that is a state secret. I will reveal one little secret: The purchase of Yak-130 warplanes is a very significant subject of negotiations between Russia and Bangladesh,” Rosoboronexport Deputy Chief Viktor Komardin said at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition (LIMA-2013) that opened in Malaysia on Tuesday.

He added that negotiations on Yak-130s are due to begin later this spring.

Russia granted Bangladesh a $1 billion credit during the Bangladeshi prime minister’s visit to Moscow in January.

Some 20 Russian companies are taking part in LIMA-2013, which has been held since 1991, including top aircraft manufacturers and the state-owned United Industrial Corporation (Oboronprom), which produces helicopters, aircraft engines and air defense systems.

The Yak-130 is a highly maneuverable aircraft with an extended range of about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) and a maximum speed of 1,060 kilometers per hour (600 miles per hour) in level flight. It can carry a combat payload of up to 3,000 kilograms (6,600 pounds).

The Yak-130 has been chosen as a basic aircraft for Russian Air Force pilot training. First deliveries began in 2009.

source: Bangladesh Plans to Buy 24 Russian Jet Trainers | World | RIA Novosti

NOTE: I saw that 1 day ago in wiki but i did not believe it , so studied over the net on it and got this :tup:

LANGKAWI (Malaysia), March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Bangladesh is planning to buy 24 Yak-130 Mitten jet trainers on $1 billion credit from Russia, Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Wednesday.

“Bangladesh has a whole list of arms it wants, but so far that is a state secret. I will reveal one little secret: The purchase of Yak-130 warplanes is a very significant subject of negotiations between Russia and Bangladesh,” Rosoboronexport Deputy Chief Viktor Komardin said at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition (LIMA-2013) that opened in Malaysia on Tuesday.

Russia granted Bangladesh a $1 billion credit during the Bangladeshi prime minister’s visit to Moscow in January.

Some 20 Russian companies are taking part in LIMA-2013, which has been held since 1991, including top aircraft manufacturers and the state-owned United Industrial Corporation (Oboronprom), which produces helicopters, aircraft engines and air defense systems.

The Yak-130 is a highly maneuverable aircraft with an extended range of about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) and a maximum speed of 1,060 kilometers per hour (600 miles per hour) in level flight. It can carry a combat payload of up to 3,000 kilograms (6,600 pounds).

The Yak-130 has been chosen as a basic aircraft for Russian Air Force pilot training. First deliveries began in 2009.

NOTE: I saw that 1 day ago in wiki but i did not believe it , so studied over the net on it and got this :tup:

Whooaaaa :woot:

mashallah alhamdulillah good news!

Hopefully this is true and the SU-30 comes to BD.:chilli:

according to wiki bangladesh is buying 8 more Mig 29SMT (do not know much about it) and 8 Su27 SK and UBK ( My 6th sense saying that it can be true, they will be upgraded to Su 27 SKM in Bangladesh with Russian help as we are doing currently with some arms equipment, it will be like win-win situation for Su27 case)

It is a welcome news. But, I wonder about the number of purchas of YAK-130 training planes. Is not 24 units a little too big? Sometimes I read 10 and 16 units, but this report says of 24 units. If true, ther is no doubt that BAF will purchase a large number of 4G+ planes in the near future, probably in a few steps. What you people think about this?

and In Sha Allah in the coming Khaleda's time J-10B ;):yahoo:

Can you just tell us what planes BKZ purchased in her last two terms in the office? We should not be blind about at least military purchasing matters. Please check the reality. However, I hope BKZ will uderstand the necessity of weapons induction next time she is in power, and whichever party is in power it should not put hindrance at military purchases or start filing corruption cases against former purchses.

It is a welcome news. But, I wonder about the number of purchas of YAK-130 training planes. Is not 24 units a little too big? Sometimes I read 10 and 16 units, but this report says of 24 units. If true, ther is no doubt that BAF will purchase a large number of 4G+ planes in the near future, probably in a few steps. What you people think about this?

Su27 SKM, J10B, Mig 29M2 and Mig35 probable candidates ..

24 units for 1 billion dollars does not make sense when you consider that each Yak-130 costs around 15 millions dollars.

My personal opinion is that we will see 16 Yak-130 and at least 8 SU-27/30 aircraft purchased this year.

24 units for 1 billion dollars does not make sense when you consider that each Yak-130 costs around 15 millions dollars.

My personal opinion is that we will see 16 Yak-130 and at least 8 SU-27/30 aircraft purchased this year.

remember we are actually paying around $1.04 billion

It doesn't say 24 for 1 billion. the whole package is 1 billion, I assume, including other military thingis.

Can you just tell us what planes BKZ purchased in her last two terms in the office? We should not be blind about at least military purchasing matters. Please check the reality. However, I hope BKZ will uderstand the necessity of weapons induction next time she is in power, and whichever party is in power it should not put hindrance at military purchases or start filing corruption cases against former purchses.

I don't know the first term but in the second term I think she only bought 16 F-7BG.

It doesn't say 24 for 1 billion. the whole package is 1 billion, I assume, including other military thingis.

You are correct. The entire loan is $1 billion, and the 24 Yak-130 certainly does not cost $1 billion, and I also do not belive the number should be so high. It is like purchasing 10 carts and then buying 2 horses. If BAF really buys 20 YAK, then where is the money to buy the fighters and APCs?

I think, BAF and BA are conducting hard negotiation with the Russian manufacturers before they finalize the prices, and specify the merchandises and make order for a definite purchase. In a few previous news reports the PM openly told about a few items, but, then she stopped short of divulging the names of all the items, saying these are top military sectrets.

according to wiki bangladesh is buying 8 more Mig 29SMT (do not know much about it) and 8 Su27 SK and UBK ( My 6th sense saying that it can be true, they will be upgraded to Su 27 SKM in Bangladesh with Russian help as we are doing currently with some arms equipment, it will be like win-win situation for Su27 case)
So is BAF trying to obtain a all Russian fleet? But it sounds good to me

This bird may look ugly on the ground, but when it flies, it is truly majestic. Especially when the photo is taken from DAT particular position :D
580199_504512206282341_548175444_n.jpg

Missiles are R-27 and R-73 :victory:

I have a question in mind, if we buy 24 YAK 130, can BAF convert 16 YAK 130(which is 1 squadron) to fighter jets and use the other 8 to use as trainers?

Back
Top Bottom