What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

please let me know, i could be mistaken

"With its 4+ generation competitors EFT/Rafale/Mi-35 clustered in the $60-120+ million range vs. the Gripen’s claimed $40-60 million"

F-35 is 100m
F-22 is 200m

MiG-29 may also cost in excess of 40m. is MiG-29 4th gen
Su-30MK is 4th gen but in excess of 60m

tell us about all 4th generation fights and their price, then i will reply.

There is no realistic Air Threat so far but one must incrementally invest & increase, modernize and head towards modern next generation weaponry.

My opinion is based upon Tactical Importance does it make sense I leave it to you people.

*Long Range Ground Radars
*Medium-High Altitude SAM Systems for Tri Arm.
*Upgrade Mig-29s add 8 more with good number of weaponry and associated equipment
*Atleast a single AEW&C based on Chinese Y-8
*Couple of CN-295 [Naval Asset I suppose Air Force would be first to operate before an Naval Air Arm is established]
*ALCM Air Lunched Cruise Missiles
*Land Attack Cruise Missiles and associated Systems
*Anti Radiation Missiles like Chinese LD-10 or similar Russian origin

There is more than one realistic threat, just not being discussed here because a lot of idiots from that country infest this forum, and the result would be an unending troll fest.

Many of the items you have listed have already been procured, some of them are yet to be procured (like long range SAM, AEW&C) and some others you have not listed are also being looked into.

By ALCM, if you mean air launched anti ship missiles, I think the F-7BG1 may be capable of that, though I have to double check. LACM (Land attack cruise missile) is still lacking, though I do not know why it has not yet been procured. Same is true for Anti Radiation missiles.

BAL even scuppered the deal for Su-27/Su-30 series despite a lot of hullabaloo.

Many of the items you have listed have already been procured, some of them are yet to be procured (like long range SAM, AEW&C) and some others you have not listed are also being looked into.

By ALCM, if you mean air launched anti ship missiles, I think the F-7BG1 may be capable of that, though I have to double check. LACM (Land attack cruise missile) is still lacking, though I do not know why it has not yet been procured. Same is true for Anti Radiation missiles.

BAL even scuppered the deal for Su-27/Su-30 series despite a lot of hullabaloo.

I merely mention a short list but such a list would increase the capabilities multifold. Assess yourself what Land Attack Cruise Missiles can do alone in Numbers not all can be downed by Missile Defense System. You Armed Forces needs smarter weapons/systems.

There is a new thread that says BAF has already ordered 4 Su-27SK, 4 Su-27UBK, 8 Mig-29SMT and 16 YAK-130 from Russia under the $1 billion loan on 13th January. Hope, this thread will draw your interests. If the new is true, then BAF is moving to exactly the direction that all of us are predicting.

Don't believe Wikipedia :no:

598836_423973791029980_1856545329_n.jpg

Don't believe Wikipedia :no:

I know wiki can be edited by any one. But, I wonder why someone without an affliation with the BAF purchasing matter should include imagnary things. How about all other BAF information in the wiki? Are all of the information about existing planes and helis fictitious, too? The way people are talking, it implies that all wiki information is baseless.

I know wiki can be edited by any one. But, I wonder why someone without an affliation with the BAF purchasing matter should include imagnary things. How about all other BAF information in the wiki? Are all of the information about existing planes and helis fictitious, too? The way people are talking, it implies that all wiki information is baseless.

There's something called footnotes for verification.

What BD needs is a proper long term plan about what kind of military that it actually wants.

Then it needs to work out how much this is going to cost and if the country would be willing to pay this.

BD currently spends around 1.5% of GDP on defence and this could easily be increased to the 2.5-3.0% range over the long term without doing much damage to either poverty alleviation or the economy.

BD can afford a strong military over the long-term but it does not seem sure what it really wants.

Nothing about Sukhoi-27 it would have been mentioned in Janes Defence Weekly.
Is that magazine really that reliable? I have read some of those magazines before but none of them mentioned anything about Bangladesh defense.

Is that magazine really that reliable? I have read some of those magazines before but none of them mentioned anything about Bangladesh defense.
It is one of the most reliable source of military information in the world.

I can list you two-three more reliable renowned sources non mentioned since Jan 2013 up till now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom