What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

F-7 BGI is the most advanced of all Chengdu F-7 created so far :

1) F-7 BGI has a speed of Mach 2.2
2) 7 Hard-points to carry Air to Air missiles , Laser guided bomb, GPS Guided Bombs, Drop tanks
3) Full glass cockpit.
4) can carry 3000 kg Bomb including Chinese Laser Guided Bombs.
5) F-7 BGI has KLJ-6F radar Fire control Radar with 86 km+ Range which is near BVR or BVR considering what is the silver
lining between them and can track 6 and engage 2 enemy aircraft simulteneously.
6) F-7 BGI can carry C-704 Antiship Missiles (Therefore maritime also possible)
7) afterburner: F-7 BGI (82 kN) thrust
8) Missiles procurement are currently unknown for F-7 BGI but they can fire the 70-75 km range PL-12,PL-11 and also PL-2,
PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550 and AIM-9 .
9) F-7 BGI got J-7G2 Airframe with double delta wing. This improves the lift at high angles of attack and delays or prevents stalling.
10) G-limit: +8 g / -3 g
11) Service ceiling: 17,500 m (57,420 ft) for F-7 BGI
12) 3 Multi functional HUD displays and Hotas.
13) Chinese Helmet Mounted Sights.
14) Reportedly more maneuverable than most of the Mig21s and many of the other contemporary fighters.

source: Bangladesh Airforce facebook fan page

F-7 BGI is the most advanced of all Chengdu F-7 created so far :

1) F-7 BGI has a speed of Mach 2.2
2) 7 Hard-points to carry Air to Air missiles , Laser guided bomb, GPS Guided Bombs, Drop tanks
3) Full glass cockpit.
4) can carry 3000 kg Bomb including Chinese Laser Guided Bombs.
5) F-7 BGI has KLJ-6F radar Fire control Radar with 86 km+ Range which is near BVR or BVR considering what is the silver
lining between them and can track 6 and engage 2 enemy aircraft simulteneously.
6) F-7 BGI can carry C-704 Antiship Missiles (Therefore maritime also possible)
7) afterburner: F-7 BGI (82 kN) thrust
8) Missiles procurement are currently unknown for F-7 BGI but they can fire the 70-75 km range PL-12,PL-11 and also PL-2,
PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550 and AIM-9 .
9) F-7 BGI got J-7G2 Airframe with double delta wing. This improves the lift at high angles of attack and delays or prevents stalling.
10) G-limit: +8 g / -3 g
11) Service ceiling: 17,500 m (57,420 ft) for F-7 BGI
12) 3 Multi functional HUD displays and Hotas.
13) Chinese Helmet Mounted Sights.
14) Reportedly more maneuverable than most of the Mig21s and many of the other contemporary fighters.

source: Bangladesh Airforce facebook fan page

How do they compare with F-7MP and F-7PG operated by PAF?

Also does BAF have BVR missile... if yes... than which?

Also does BAF have BVR missiles... if yes... than which?

i do not know, can you provide F-7MP and F-7PG configurations ?

According to wiki our versions are more advanced and tailor made for PAFs requirements... including italian radars,sidewinders,2 peice canopies,glass cockpits and beter western and KAMRA built ECM suites..

According to wiki our versions are more advanced and tailor made for PAFs requirements... including italian radars,sidewinders,2 peice canopies,glass cockpits and beter western and KAMRA built ECM suites..

wiki does not say it, can you provide the link ?
edit: got it. sorry

Latest news: within 3-4 months upgraded Mig29SMT will arrive in Bangladesh.
SHOW US THE PROOF FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, NOT BDMILITARY'S ONE BUT LIKE THE ONE OF ISPR OR DEFENCE MINISTRY, PLEASE.

BDForever,

Many newspaper indeed did confirm it at the time prior to Hasina going Moscow.

However please note to the best of my knowledge the discussion around yaks and migs failed as BD could not accept the high interest changes associated with the loan.

It is my understanding that Yaks have not been bought. This would be supported by the fact that mig deal had not gone through either. What would be the point of a trainer without fighters. Yaks and migs would have been purchased at the same time, however deal could not be struck.

In the public domain I have not seen anything post Moscow tour to say deal has been done . Have you seen anything since Hasina returned?
mb444 BRO, U are right on the money and the YAK deal hasn't gone through for sure.

what is bangladesh's main fighter aircrafts ?
F-7s AND 8 MIG UVS AKA ULTRA VERSATILE RUSKIE MADE BUT BHARATI'S BROKERED ONES.

Defence Ministry ? ! ! ! :rofl:

source from BAF personnel

Well I meant some sorts of news for the allocation of fund to upgrade from UVs to SMTs. Just because BD's ISPR seems mum on the issue then what other option do U have for the credible source?

F-7s AND 8 MIG UVS AKA ULTRA VERSATILE RUSKIE MADE BUT BHARATI'S BROKERED ONES.

Well I meant some sorts of news for the allocation of fund to upgrade from UVs to SMTs. Just because BD's ISPR seems mum on the issue then what other option do U have for the credible source?

well i posted what i got from BAF personnel.

I think PAF is going to keep F-7PGs as those are pretty good point defence's fighters. OTH, F7-BGIs would probably be the best of the entire lot as it would have almost everything that PGs had + many more like 75+ miles of Radar's range and glass cockpits, thanks.

well i posted what i got from BAF personnel.

OK, let's hope that BAFER's dissemination come to fruition then. Finger crossed.

Back
Top Bottom