What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

can any one give info about BAF's future procurements... what happened to the su 27 deal ..is it canceled ? any info will be appreciated...

1 squadron Yak 130 Upcoming advanced jet trainer of BAF

Bdforever,
I do not believe any agreement regarding the YAKs were signed. I also do not see any indication that talks are continiuing. Can you shed some light. Do you have any info regarding the YAKs beyond what's available in the public domain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bdforever,
I do not believe any agreement regarding the YAKs were signed. I also do not see any indication that talks are continiuing. Can you shed some light. Do you have any info regarding the YAKs beyond what's available in the public domain?
it has been offically confirmed that we are getting yak 130, many daily newspapers published it

BDForever,

Many newspaper indeed did confirm it at the time prior to Hasina going Moscow.

However please note to the best of my knowledge the discussion around yaks and migs failed as BD could not accept the high interest changes associated with the loan.

It is my understanding that Yaks have not been bought. This would be supported by the fact that mig deal had not gone through either. What would be the point of a trainer without fighters. Yaks and migs would have been purchased at the same time, however deal could not be struck.

In the public domain I have not seen anything post Moscow tour to say deal has been done . Have you seen anything since Hasina returned?

Can any one tell if F-16s are BVR capable or not. As far as I know they are not BVR capable.

at present US F-16 is BVR capable so far i know, but those are only for US air force :D

BDForever,

Many newspaper indeed did confirm it at the time prior to Hasina going Moscow.

However please note to the best of my knowledge the discussion around yaks and migs failed as BD could not accept the high interest changes associated with the loan.

It is my understanding that Yaks have not been bought. This would be supported by the fact that mig deal had not gone through either. What would be the point of a trainer without fighters. Yaks and migs would have been purchased at the same time, however deal could not be struck.

In the public domain I have not seen anything post Moscow tour to say deal has been done . Have you seen anything since Hasina returned?

bd already accepted high interest rate 4% , and yak 130 is confirmed, even wiki says we have ordered 16 of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-130

539530_371687786272132_877362027_n.jpg

601264_381441178630126_864114581_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom