What's new

Ban Bollywood: Pakistan bigwigs

In the case of "Vedic" cultural implications in Indian soaps and movies, ...
I find it ridiculous that soaps or references to MangalSutra's will drive Pakistani kids to "shaadi" instead of "nikah"

Allow me to interject in you guys' conversation.

Take the words you just used. That's the exact type of cultural invasion I think some Pakistanis might be talking about. Almost no one is left in Pakistan who knows that the Vedas are spelt Bedas in Urdu, and the word Santro used, Devdaas, is spelt Deodaas. The propriety of our lexicon has been quasi-erased by yours.

Similar problem with shaadi. It simply means happiness. Your son's birthday celebration might be a shaadi event, but you don't retain the etymological link, and now our youth has lost ours.

Several bigwigs in the Pakistani film industry have decided to take legal action to stop Indian films from being shown in the country.

Who are these people?
Some of the biggest names from the Pak film industry have put their weight behind the anti-Indian movies campaign.
Shaan: Described as the Shah Rukh Khan of Pakistan, Shaan is familiar to Indian audiences as the guy in Fuzon's video of "Khamaj". A leading actor, writer, director and producer who's achieved both critical and commercial success. Reported to have rejected roles in " Ghajini" and "Delhi-6" because they projected Pakistanis as villains.
Moammar Rana: A star of many hit films and television soaps.
Sangeeta: Successful actress and director.
Syed Noor: Among the most popular Pakistani directors. Apparently revitalised the industry during a period of slump in the 90s.

This is the most hillarious thing i have heard today. I assure all pakistani members that pakistan isn't even mentioned in any of these movies. If this guy doesn't want to act in these movies , its totally fine , but seriously , wtf?

cross culture ??? and how it is found in bharati movies ? i dont see cheap churba of Hollywood movies by Indians can be called cross culture.

and secondly of one has to watch only skin and western outfits and action then why not to go for original Hollywood movies with better quality in everything ranging from skin to action.

you watch original Hollywood films only , haan ?? Good.

Tell me how many Pakistanis actually understand English to watch and comprehend Hollywood films ??

Even if those who understand English how many of them would be take interested in theme other than the action flicks ??

How many Pakistanis can grasp classics like The God Father or Pulp Fiction ?? A minuscule number i guess.

The reason of unnecessary blistering as usual is the pathological hatred for anything that is indian.

PS: Yaa , i'm sure you don't need to tell Pakistanis already love to watch those Hollywood action films that comes with whimpering noises in the background.;)

I can't tell you..it is complicated. but i can give fair and better judgement on the content than you.

Whats complicated about you liking female orientated television programming???

ham is how we say it in the family. It's giving yourself the respect that you give to others by calling them aap.

I had no idea that some Indian show still used the classical royal ham.

Yes, its classical.. but is it proper to use ham?
How is ham used? ham and who else?
It is however another debate..
The question is of cultural degradation.

Whats complicated about you liking female orientated television programming???

Yes, its classical.. but is it proper to use ham?
How is ham used? ham and who else?
It is however another debate..
The question is of cultural degradation.

There are many good programs are also there on star plus. there was khichdi, kaun banega crorepati, saas bahu or baby, sarabhai vs sarabhai. they were high quality stuffs and some realities show. by the way I don't watch saas bahu dramas.

The cultural degradation is because of the void you people have created. can't blame us for your degradation. Infact the blaming others for everything wrong in pakistan is the fav time pass.

There are many good programs are also there on star plus. there was khichdi, kaun banega crorepati, saas bahu or baby, sarabhai vs sarabhai. they were high quality stuffs and some realities show. by the way I don't watch saas bahu dramas.

The cultural degradation is because of the void you people have created. can't blame us for your degradation. Infact the blaming others for everything wrong in pakistan is the fav time pass.

Again.. nobody blamed you.. stop looking behind your shoulder... it not there.. there is no blame chasing you.

And you liked Saas Bahu aur Baby??
I remember twelve years back people going nuts for that Hum paanch thing.. and I found that revolting.

KBC etc.. do not count as Soaps..

I love the Amul chote ustad even though they went a lil overboard with the kids..puttng them under soo much pressure.

Again.. nobody blamed you.. stop looking behind your shoulder... it not there.. there is no blame chasing you.

And you liked Saas Bahu aur Baby??
I remember twelve years back people going nuts for that Hum paanch thing.. and I found that revolting.

KBC etc.. do not count as Soaps..

I love the Amul chote ustad even though they went a lil overboard with the kids..puttng them under soo much pressure.

You did blame us for making garbage programs which are polluting "Pakistani culture". didn't you ?

Yaa I liked saas bahu and baby that was a very nice program which has so much affection for family members. That was a different serial from typical saas bahu drama.

Again most of the pakistanis were blaming start plus so I just pointed out few good ones.

Just dance is another good show.

You did blame us for making garbage programs which are polluting "Pakistani culture". didn't you ?

Yaa I liked saas bahu and baby that was a very nice program which has so much affection for family members. That was a different serial from typical saas bahu drama.

Again most of the pakistanis were blaming start plus so I just pointed out few good ones.

I did not blame India..
I said its garbage that is polluting Pakistani minds.
If India wishes to watch that garbage it may.
Its not India that is tuning into that garbage..
Its Cable TV operators.

He simply points out to those Jacksh!t Ekta Kapoor Serials which Men have to watch against their wishes all day long!

Hope Some Pakistani Suicide Bomber Blows up her Balaji Studios in Goregaon from where all the crap degrading Hundreds of Millions of Homes comes out!

I did not blame India..
Its Cable TV operators.

You do realize that that garbage is in high demand in Pakistan?

What is garbage for you is entertainment for many.

Thanks for allowing us to watch our garbage though, you can issue a fatwa for your country to prevent that garbage being watched.

May I also suggest a 10 lashes punishment for all the women, who dare to have an independent opinion and go against the fatwa as well?

I did not blame India..
Its Cable TV operators.

what do you mean by "Blaming India" ? You indirectly blamed Indian of making "Garbage" which is polluting Pakistanis.
I think rather than blaming poor cable operator who are forced to show the programs because of High demand of Indian content you should blame the people who likes these so called "utter BS".

I heard Delhi belly was banned in Pakistan but that just means more money to pirate dvd bootleggers

I work in Cinema business and part of group which both work as exhibitors and distributors and let me say that it's fascinating work.

I don't get what Syed Noor is all about, At one of the theaters the movie Bol has out sold (quantity and time on screen) movies such as Bodyguard, Kungfu Panda 2, Thor, Priest just to name a few (Yes i am dragging Hollywood into this as well). Was Bol a foreign production? why not take a lesson and try to come up with something worth watching rather than bitching around? This Eid there were four releases i believe, Two were Pakistani movies Bhai Log and Love Mein Ghum (which at the time of the date is still being exhibited at the theater), Indian movie Bodyguard and Hollywood movie Conan The Barbarian. Syed Noor seriously think that a person who wants to watch Mission Impossible 4 would be effected because distributors and exhibitors are also showing another flick say Puss In Boots, Adventures Of TinTin or any other movie? Heck as a movie watcher i would watch Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol return to the theater and watch the other flicks as well.

The last Pakistani movie i watched and wanted my family to watch before Bol was? Khuda Kai Liye (again Shoaib Mansoor, ironically having Shaan in it)

Banning Indian movies or Hollywood movie is going to achieve what? Given the kind of movies currently these people are making who actually will turn out to a movie theater to watch them? what about the jobs associated with the theater? :)

Sorry for the rant but i guess being directly related to the industry pumps up your emotions :p

I never watch Bollywood movies. In my family anyone who watches Bollywood or Indian products is considered Anti-Pakistani.

I was talking to an Indian once at my university in Ottawa, and he asked me "do you watch Bollywood movies?", and I was like " No, I don't think I would understand it." :lol:

I said there is a difference between Urdu and Hindi, although the languages may have similarities, the languages also have their differences which are more. Ever read Urdu poetry? Urdu poetry is very Farsi like.

Why is Urdu called Urdu, and Hindi called Hindi? :lol:

Also in Canada, I never buy Indian products, especially when I am buying achar, I always make sure it is an AHMED, Shan, or National brand.

Also, I was a taking taxi once in Ottawa, and the Indian driver was saying "India and Pakistan are one country." I decided to stay quiet so I wouldn't hurt his feelings, but had I not been in his taxi, I would have said "sorry I disagree, Pakistan and India are different."

Back
Top Bottom