What's new

Azm-E-Nau 4 Military Exercise: News and Discussions

The radar seems like the chinse SL series of weapon locating radar

But what the hell is on top of the M113?
All i know is that only Anza III was suppose to be placed onboard a vehicle with range of 15-20km but the sources are very old

A selam Brother

Main weapons which are installed on the M-113 are the TOW Anti Tank missiles, Baktharshikan HJ-8, 12.7mm AA Gun (installed on all vehicles) and the RBS-70 (light Air defence system ).

eytt.jpg

Taimi,

How many A100s were delivered, since this is the second time we see it in an exercise?

Most probably there are 3-4 regiments for now with 18 pieces each. Due to the shortage of funds, just like all the armed forces programs getting no funds for upgrade, the artillery program also got delayed and the numbers required has not been reached, but still i believe 3-4 regiments are in service.

Most probably there are 3-4 regiments for now with 18 pieces each. Due to the shortage of funds, just like all the armed forces programs getting no funds for upgrade, the artillery program also got delayed and the numbers required has not been reached, but still i believe 3-4 regiments are in service.

The range of these is 120 Kms, that is a lot of firepower over a lot of distance!!! Does the SLC-2 battery location radar work with just A-100 or for support to other units as well?

The range of these is 120 Kms, that is a lot of firepower over a lot of distance!!! Does the SLC-2 battery location radar work with just A-100 or for support to other units as well?

Yeah 120KM is one hell of a range. With such missiles targets well inside the enemy territory can be hit. I hope they can get updated with GPS/Beidou kind of targeting, which will make them the lethal of all rockets. just imagine 10 rockets with precision hit capability raining down on its targets within 60 seconds. Awesome fire power.

SLC-2 is just a radar which calculates from where and which distance shells are coming in. It can work independently with any system. It just finds out the approx location of enemy artillery, then you can send that info to any nearby own artillery position, who can fire on the location provided by the SLC-2 radars.

Yeah 120KM is one hell of a range. With such missiles targets well inside the enemy territory can be hit. I hope they can get updated with GPS/Beidou kind of targeting, which will make them the lethal of all rockets. just imagine 10 rockets with precision hit capability raining down on its targets within 60 seconds. Awesome fire power.

SLC-2 is just a radar which calculates from where and which distance shells are coming in. It can work independently with any system. It just finds out the approx location of enemy artillery, then you can send that info to any nearby own artillery position, who can fire on the location provided by the SLC-2 radars.

I do not know what kind of munitions A100 can carry and if it can dispense anti-tank seeker munitions over a large armour concentration. I know that Nassar can carry such munitions. If A100 can carry such munitions, this system with combination of Nassar, can take out the armour concentration of any Indian strike corps strategic assembly either ahead or behind the Indra Canal. In a shoot and scoot environment, A100 can hit Jaisalmir from within Pakistani territory with ease. I hope we have more of these, but with improved munitions to seek and destroy armour and soft vehicle concentrations before they start making their move towards the borders. Appropriate number of these weapon system can stop the Indian armour divisions in their tracks well before they even enter our artillery range. Cold Start will have Cold Feet before even they warm up.

I do not know what kind of munitions A100 can carry and if it can dispense anti-tank seeker munitions over a large armour concentration. I know that Nassar can carry such munitions. If A100 can carry such munitions, this system with combination of Nassar, can take out the armour concentration of any Indian strike corps strategic assembly either ahead or behind the Indra Canal. In a shoot and scoot environment, A100 can hit Jaisalmir from within Pakistani territory with ease. I hope we have more of these, but with improved munitions to seek and destroy armour and soft vehicle concentrations before they start making their move towards the borders. Appropriate number of these weapon system can stop the Indian armour divisions in their tracks well before they even enter our artillery range. Cold Start will have Cold Feet before even they warm up.

A100 has sub-munitions that can target both armor and personnel, also the system is going to be produced in country.

A100 has sub-munitions that can target both armor and personnel, also the system is going to be produced in country.

China has demonstrated sensor fused anti tank munition for 300mm rockets, so yes most likely it can carry precision guided anti tank ammo...

Defense Updates: Chinese Sensor Fuzed Top Attack Smart Submunitions

Indian offensive doctrine professes pulverization of Pakistani defences through their land and air borne area coverage and precision munitions before even their main offensive is initiated. This is done to neutralize and reduce the resistance that would be offered to the advancing Indian offensive echelons. Earlier, there was a problem with regard to the identification of the main Indian offensive and its point of application due to manner in which Indian strategic assembly would take place. Now there is no such problem and due to the network centric warfare measures initiated by Pakistan Army such information can be shared almost in real or near real time, as the enemy offensive formations make their moves. And with induction of such weapon systems Indian offensive echelons may be mauled even before they manage to reach close to our borders.

And when the Indians here state that they equate Pakistan with Bangladesh and it has therefore become inconsequential, it brings a broad smile on my face.

Back
Top Bottom