What's new

Awami League Media Terrorism - Amardesh publisher arrested

These are all RAWAMI League journalist protesting closure of Amar Desh.. Must be something fisy... RAW involvement? Idune.. whats your say???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I agree with on this. Some of them are pretending, especially the bold ones but in reality they must be happy about the closure of Amardesh and Mamudur Rehman. ;)

Awami fascist regime failing in all other fabricated case, is trying to file more factious case against Mahmudur Rahman

Iajdai's statement against not one or two but 27 newspaper editors - who looks like dedicated thug of Awami fascist regime????

Word of advice ignore iajdani's comments, he already made claims here which he could not prove. Now Iajdani is acting as Awami fascist thug and his job is getting more and more difficult to defend because of desperate Awami fascist activities.

Mahmudur Rahman yet another target of blind vengeance of Hasina

On the 1-2 June night the acting editor of the Bengali daily Amardesh ( Dhaka) was arrested by the specially armed police squad creating fearful scene in his office premises following cancellation of declaration of the publication on the 1st June. The police had no warrant of arrest for him with them but did intimidate as hey often do. As the note obtained from a foreign media on the 3rd June morning, amazingly, the Information Minister did not know anything about the episode before the act had been orchestrated. On the 2nd June in the afternoon, however, Mr. Minister Azad stated in the Parliament that the DC of Dhaka did take necessary action in canceling the declaration of the newspaper that followed other actions taken (The New Nation, 3 June, 10). What a silly statement possibly made at the behest of PM Hasina for their innocence (!) in the orchestration made at the nose of all of them.

Although relatively a new comer into journalism Mahmudur Rahman, Acting Editor of the widely circulated daily Amardesh, Dhaka, I guess, within a very short span surpassed many in the field. He has been an icon of great attention for his investigating courageous coverage, particularly, about internal anti-national issues of the present government of Hasina made news in the daily with maximum authenticity. That is why many had been suggesting for some time that the habitual liar and vengeful woman must make him a target of wild attack abusing all powers at her disposal. His coverage drew my attention recently so much so that I used to search first through the internet this daily for useful information and his specific items I loved to make possible other stories not as a professional journalist but as a an academic.

Now that the daily has been proscribed and banned applying police force through cancellation of declaration by the government at night on the 1st June (10) and he has been arrested and detained, under two ‘offences’ as was learnt from the 2nd June 7:30 P.M BBC Bengali Radio news: (1) publisher Hashmat Ali’s name printed as usual in spite of the fact that he had resigned some time ago, and (2) Mahmudur Rahman allegedly ‘obstructed the police’ while thy tried to arrest him at dead of night in his office premises at Kawran Bazar, Dhaka, of the daily. There are so many other allegations, I am sure, in the making that might be used to detain and keep him in prison even without any prosecution much less trial that exists in the country from over a century and half the notorious Cr. P. C code 54, and also another possibly more notorious one, the 1974 Special Powers Act that Hasina’s father enacted in 1974 for arbitrarily detaining in prison any person on and on, no government repealed those anti- basic human rights code and act, and being abused at the whims and sweet will of the rulers’ passions ( I suffered arrest on the 1st October, then 5 day police remand cum court attendances followed by imprisonment in total exactly for 89 days in late 1989 arrested under the notorious 54 and kept confined in the Dhaka Central Prison under the 1974 Special Powers Act ordered for 120 days detention but released after 89 days having had no formal charge framed against me by the law enforcing agencies). Now I guess that the notoriously vengeful Hasina has, in addition, asked her concerned agencies to make as many ‘offences’ possible. She has now the loyal and pliant spineless operatives in the government reinforced in the period of about one year and a half of her latest reign. The colonial police of Bangladesh are notoriously efficient to draw up false allegations against any the top boss would ask for them to do (I had seven initial charges drawn against me, the seventh one in serial, I remember, was very much confusing to respond to that they served on me to reply within 7 days of the beginning of imprisonment that I complied duly and then no action followed as far as my information was concerned).

The daily Mr. Rahman used to act as editor for not long but had picked up sympathy among large section of readers not alone among the political Opposition supporters but also among independent minded readers. I would have thought that he had utilized her best merit and capability being a first class Engineer and a highly trained management consultant in this job of the daily too. He had some link advantage too for being one of the top hard working advisers and then a Minister of the BNP chairperson during 2001-2006 administration.

The other and most important aspect of his dedicated work here was that he would continually expose Hasina’s evil pursuance of anti-national policies possibly for protection of the sole interests of her masters mainly staying outside the border of the country. Such exposure of Hasina and the enemies of Bangladesh continued to hurt both. The resolute brilliant person Mr. Rahman remained the serious eye sore for Hasina.

Why should the most powerful person of Bangladesh care for a petty Mahmud? Serious on lookers knew well that she would swoop on him and still more now on to come in store for him. I would not wonder if she would frame other more serious charges soon to keep him imprisoned for as long as it would be feasible. The poor state of the of the judiciary mainly manned by spineless pliant judges might not even grant him the bail that he as the honorable class one citizen and former Advisor and Minister would be entitled to have. Because, her administration is mainly conditioned by her target of vengeance particularly against the brilliant ones as she herself is a duffer like her father- ‘Illiterate Graduate’ and ‘Upper Chamber Khali’ just as Suhrawardy and Bhashani respectively used to label her father Mujib. One may recall from a memoir of BBC fame journalist Serajur Rahman that she had ‘hated politics but took that on just only to avenge the blood of her father (early 1980s recorded saying)’.

Some are making comment that she has barked on the move for the BKSAL her father introduced in Bangladesh but survived not long with the concept for the people utterly disliked the lone party dictatorial running of the country, and had been toppled by the 15th August successful army coup d etat among great jubilation of the people in the country. That made her not only vengeful of anything of army but also crazy for blood thirst that she quenched partly but some still unmet. The psychological trauma she had and the vengeance she holds on for long 35 years was only partly met on the 27-28 January 2010 night. Much more she needs to have yet that she sees in almost every body flashes on her psyche as contestant, particularly, those of high merit, capability and fearless. Thus Mahmud may have to stay in prison for until as she wishes for him; no hope soon in the court either as report goes that many other fresh cases of shear vengeance of Hasina are being framed against him and nothing seen for his relief and become soon free.

I did not know him personally except through his write ups and reported speeches. Those items had convinced me without any shadow of doubt that he meant a life of MUJAHEED or an uncompromising warrior against the tyranny of Hasina. I would while sympathize with him at the trying moment of the present distress, I would certainly continue to pray that let the Almighty Allah grant his holy Jehad for the greater good of the people and the country.

The irregularities alleged against him in running the daily for the short period had nothing been serious to detain him in prison and could well pursue through due process of law as he had already faced many in courts in the country for some baseless cases filed against him earlier by Hasina’s own men. The latest orchestration is nothing but a continuation of the earlier orchestrations made by those of Hasina’s HUQQA HUAS (the term used first by and I have coined from BBC fame journalist Serajur Rahman). The allegation that he ‘obstructed’ the police in discharging their duties for arresting and closing down the newspaper was nothing but the framed up one with ulterior motive to make the real master happy by the police as they often do in such cases against persons in any such incidence of many at a time for showing natural passionate love and exuberance that also occurred at this time among the workers in the daily in sympathy of their editor.

Untold Facts Blog Archive Mahmudur Rahman yet another target of blind vengeance of Hasina

Mahmudur Rahman yet another target of blind vengeance of Hasina

On the 1-2 June night the acting editor of the Bengali daily Amardesh ( Dhaka) was arrested by the specially armed police squad creating fearful scene in his office premises following cancellation of declaration of the publication on the 1st June. The police had no warrant of arrest for him with them but did intimidate as hey often do. As the note obtained from a foreign media on the 3rd June morning, amazingly, the Information Minister did not know anything about the episode before the act had been orchestrated. On the 2nd June in the afternoon, however, Mr. Minister Azad stated in the Parliament that the DC of Dhaka did take necessary action in canceling the declaration of the newspaper that followed other actions taken (The New Nation, 3 June, 10). What a silly statement possibly made at the behest of PM Hasina for their innocence (!) in the orchestration made at the nose of all of them.

Although relatively a new comer into journalism Mahmudur Rahman, Acting Editor of the widely circulated daily Amardesh, Dhaka, I guess, within a very short span surpassed many in the field. He has been an icon of great attention for his investigating courageous coverage, particularly, about internal anti-national issues of the present government of Hasina made news in the daily with maximum authenticity. That is why many had been suggesting for some time that the habitual liar and vengeful woman must make him a target of wild attack abusing all powers at her disposal. His coverage drew my attention recently so much so that I used to search first through the internet this daily for useful information and his specific items I loved to make possible other stories not as a professional journalist but as a an academic.

Now that the daily has been proscribed and banned applying police force through cancellation of declaration by the government at night on the 1st June (10) and he has been arrested and detained, under two ‘offences’ as was learnt from the 2nd June 7:30 P.M BBC Bengali Radio news: (1) publisher Hashmat Ali’s name printed as usual in spite of the fact that he had resigned some time ago, and (2) Mahmudur Rahman allegedly ‘obstructed the police’ while thy tried to arrest him at dead of night in his office premises at Kawran Bazar, Dhaka, of the daily. There are so many other allegations, I am sure, in the making that might be used to detain and keep him in prison even without any prosecution much less trial that exists in the country from over a century and half the notorious Cr. P. C code 54, and also another possibly more notorious one, the 1974 Special Powers Act that Hasina’s father enacted in 1974 for arbitrarily detaining in prison any person on and on, no government repealed those anti- basic human rights code and act, and being abused at the whims and sweet will of the rulers’ passions ( I suffered arrest on the 1st October, then 5 day police remand cum court attendances followed by imprisonment in total exactly for 89 days in late 1989 arrested under the notorious 54 and kept confined in the Dhaka Central Prison under the 1974 Special Powers Act ordered for 120 days detention but released after 89 days having had no formal charge framed against me by the law enforcing agencies). Now I guess that the notoriously vengeful Hasina has, in addition, asked her concerned agencies to make as many ‘offences’ possible. She has now the loyal and pliant spineless operatives in the government reinforced in the period of about one year and a half of her latest reign. The colonial police of Bangladesh are notoriously efficient to draw up false allegations against any the top boss would ask for them to do (I had seven initial charges drawn against me, the seventh one in serial, I remember, was very much confusing to respond to that they served on me to reply within 7 days of the beginning of imprisonment that I complied duly and then no action followed as far as my information was concerned).

The daily Mr. Rahman used to act as editor for not long but had picked up sympathy among large section of readers not alone among the political Opposition supporters but also among independent minded readers. I would have thought that he had utilized her best merit and capability being a first class Engineer and a highly trained management consultant in this job of the daily too. He had some link advantage too for being one of the top hard working advisers and then a Minister of the BNP chairperson during 2001-2006 administration.

The other and most important aspect of his dedicated work here was that he would continually expose Hasina’s evil pursuance of anti-national policies possibly for protection of the sole interests of her masters mainly staying outside the border of the country. Such exposure of Hasina and the enemies of Bangladesh continued to hurt both. The resolute brilliant person Mr. Rahman remained the serious eye sore for Hasina.

Why should the most powerful person of Bangladesh care for a petty Mahmud? Serious on lookers knew well that she would swoop on him and still more now on to come in store for him. I would not wonder if she would frame other more serious charges soon to keep him imprisoned for as long as it would be feasible. The poor state of the of the judiciary mainly manned by spineless pliant judges might not even grant him the bail that he as the honorable class one citizen and former Advisor and Minister would be entitled to have. Because, her administration is mainly conditioned by her target of vengeance particularly against the brilliant ones as she herself is a duffer like her father- ‘Illiterate Graduate’ and ‘Upper Chamber Khali’ just as Suhrawardy and Bhashani respectively used to label her father Mujib. One may recall from a memoir of BBC fame journalist Serajur Rahman that she had ‘hated politics but took that on just only to avenge the blood of her father (early 1980s recorded saying)’.

Some are making comment that she has barked on the move for the BKSAL her father introduced in Bangladesh but survived not long with the concept for the people utterly disliked the lone party dictatorial running of the country, and had been toppled by the 15th August successful army coup d etat among great jubilation of the people in the country. That made her not only vengeful of anything of army but also crazy for blood thirst that she quenched partly but some still unmet. The psychological trauma she had and the vengeance she holds on for long 35 years was only partly met on the 27-28 January 2010 night. Much more she needs to have yet that she sees in almost every body flashes on her psyche as contestant, particularly, those of high merit, capability and fearless. Thus Mahmud may have to stay in prison for until as she wishes for him; no hope soon in the court either as report goes that many other fresh cases of shear vengeance of Hasina are being framed against him and nothing seen for his relief and become soon free.

I did not know him personally except through his write ups and reported speeches. Those items had convinced me without any shadow of doubt that he meant a life of MUJAHEED or an uncompromising warrior against the tyranny of Hasina. I would while sympathize with him at the trying moment of the present distress, I would certainly continue to pray that let the Almighty Allah grant his holy Jehad for the greater good of the people and the country.

The irregularities alleged against him in running the daily for the short period had nothing been serious to detain him in prison and could well pursue through due process of law as he had already faced many in courts in the country for some baseless cases filed against him earlier by Hasina’s own men. The latest orchestration is nothing but a continuation of the earlier orchestrations made by those of Hasina’s HUQQA HUAS (the term used first by and I have coined from BBC fame journalist Serajur Rahman). The allegation that he ‘obstructed’ the police in discharging their duties for arresting and closing down the newspaper was nothing but the framed up one with ulterior motive to make the real master happy by the police as they often do in such cases against persons in any such incidence of many at a time for showing natural passionate love and exuberance that also occurred at this time among the workers in the daily in sympathy of their editor.

Untold Facts Blog Archive Mahmudur Rahman yet another target of blind vengeance of Hasina

Importing the perfection art of "State Terrorism" from their Indian masters, conniving RAWAMY-Malauns started the practice of never ending suppression against oppositions to endure power as Indians were doing against Kashmiries for over 60 yrs. Abusing state organs, leveraging its subject's taxed money; RAWAMY bastards were destroying the country brick by brick. Mahmudur Rahman's only crime was that he valiantly unearthed many of RAWAMY heinous crimes. This anti-BD, anti-Mankind fascist -Malaun-forces is much stronger than any uninformed would think since it is backed up by Malaun Nationalists. As predicted through Binary of logic that Mahmudur Rahman's would be grilled, the eventual moment arrived earlier than people thought, especially who rejoiced early non-granting of his remand...

.:. Welcome to SHEERSHANEWS.COM .:.

Well.. it seems bangldesh govt is determined to keep extrimist voices and pro fundementlistic views in check. And i think it is required too to make sure bangladesh remains moderate free and prosperous. Else the bangladesh too will go pakistan way where illeterate youth from remote villages are brainwashed in the name of religion and pushed to fight for a friviliuos cause. They ultimately end up killing themsevles and other innocent lives contributing negatively to the countries growth.. BD.. remain indepenent free and properous.. you dont need to take any **** from india pakistan or any other countries... make sure your thought process are not influenced by india/pakistan or islam v/s the world relations...

Core in the sustainence of fasicsm is to go after defying, resisting voices. It's not a rocket science on why RAWAMY Malaun Fascists are coming hard on Mahmudur Rahman. His divulgence of Joy Malaun's Million TK Chori, his mother's complicity in 28th OCT killings and massacring of anti-Indian officer's were too much for Rawamy-Commie fascists to digest. Thus arresting him on fictional charge and then filing sedition case against him..

BREAKING NEWS

Dhaka, June 7 (bdnews24.com) — The government has sued Amar Desh acting editor Mahmudur Rahman for sedition.

Airport Police Station OC Abu Saleh Mohammad Shamsuddin confirmed bdnews24.com that the former energy adviser of the BNP government had been sued for sedition on Monday afternoon

Also a former head of the Board of Investment, Mahmudur was arrested on June 1 on a fraud case filed by his publisher.

Perceived to be a BNP-leaning newspaper, Amar Desh's declaration was subsequently cancelled and it has not been published since.

Deputy police commissioner Nisharul Arif told bdnews24.com that the case was filed with the Airport Police Station after the home ministry's green signal.

The case mentions of Mahmudur's meeting with various government officials of different levels on Nov 24, 2006 at his business office at Uttara.

It states that the attendees were conspiring against the government ahead of the national elections where were at that time scheduled on Jan 22, 2007.

A total of 16 were accused in the case, including the then director general of Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management (BIAM) Shahidul Haque and a former inspector general of police, Abdul Qayum.

Acting editor of the recently closed daily, Amar Desh, Mahmudur was arrested on June 1 in a fraud case.

He was later shown arrested for two more cases.

bdnews24.com/lh/sit/rn/ta/2226h.

Well.. it seems bangldesh govt is determined to keep extrimist voices and pro fundementlistic views in check. And i think it is required too to make sure bangladesh remains moderate free and prosperous. Else the bangladesh too will go pakistan way where illeterate youth from remote villages are brainwashed in the name of religion and pushed to fight for a friviliuos cause. They ultimately end up killing themsevles and other innocent lives contributing negatively to the countries growth.. BD.. remain indepenent free and properous.. you dont need to take any **** from india pakistan or any other countries... make sure your thought process are not influenced by india/pakistan or islam v/s the world relations...

Shut the **** up and keep your BS advice to your self. This news print got closed because editor has published a curruption charge against La-Hasina's Corrupted son and an advisor with proof. Nothing to do with foundamentalism of any kind you ignorant moron. You bharati make me sick. Bloody enemy of democracy and freedom of press.

Has your goverment shot down any media in the history of Bharat?

Why do you scums encurage this goverment to move toward fascism? Only blood thirsty enemy would encurage this fascist act.

Last edited:
Mahmudur Rahman was arrested because his newspaper revealed Sajeeb Wazed Joy ( son of Sheikh Hasina ) took $ 5 million bribes from CHEVRON !

Last edited by a moderator:
Awami League terrorist attack on Mahmudur Rahman

Last edited by a moderator:
Juba League activists beat up RU journalist
Tue, Jun 8th, 2010 11:17 am BdST

Rajshahi, Jun 8 (bdnews24.com)— A Rajshahi University journalist was injured early on Tuesday as local pro-goverment activists attacked him when students were protesting about incessant loadshedding.

The power supply was distupted at night for several hours at the Binodpur area adjacent to the university where lots of students reside in different messes.

At about 11.30 pm agitated students blocked the Dhaka-Rajshahi highway using burning tyres.

At one stage, local Juba League activists confronted the protesting students and started to chase them.

As the power supply was restored at midnight, the students withdrew their blockade.

The local pro-government activists, however, attacked Belal Hossain, the university correspondent of the Financial Express, with sharp weapons when he was collecting information on the student protest issue.

Critically injured, Belal was later taken by other students for admission in the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.

Shah Makhdum Hall residents and Belal's friends alleged that local Juba League activists led by Sujan and Suman hacked him with machetes as they had some old grievance against him.

University proctor Chowdhury Mohammad Jakaria said the university authorities were holding discussions with the students, local people and the police administration.

Matihar police station chief Abul Khayer said additional police forces were deployed in Binodpur area. He claimed that the situation was under police control.

Juba League activists beat up RU journalist | Education | bdnews24.com

Bangladesh newspaper editor is charged with sedition

Page last updated at 13:06 GMT, Tuesday, 8 June 2010 14:06 UK

The acting editor of the recently-closed Amar Desh daily newspaper in Bangladesh has been charged with sedition and terrorism offences.

Mahmudur Rahman denies the charges. He was remanded in custody for eight days.

Last year Mr Rahman's newspaper published an article accusing the son of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina of financial irregularities.

Amar Desh - which supports the opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party - was closed down last week.

The authorities accuse it of publishing posters and publicity material supplied by the banned Islamist group Hizb-ut-Tahrir.

They also say that the paper did not have a license to publish.

BBC News - Bangladesh newspaper editor is charged with sedition

When one has a friend like this he does not need an enemy! A perfect terrorist disguised as warrior against terrorism!

Back
Top Bottom