What's new

Attack on PNS Mehran Base - PAF Faisal Base

The claim of 12 terrorists was given by security forces. I think probably by Chief of Naval Staff.

I cannot find any source for this. Can you provide it please. Nowhere has the Navy Chief said about number of people. He spoke like they were from a different planet and his staff was incapable of handling them. He really cut a sorry figure. I am not sure how he became the Navy Chief !!!

Its not incompetence; its a stubborn behavior that our armed forces don't learn from their mistakes. .

That is incompetence.

Something that Rehman Malik said suggest some inside involvement. He said that the attackers entered an area which was a blind spot of the cctv's, if I remember correctly he said about a 30 degree angle where the view of two cameras intersected was a blind spot & that the attackers had carefully planned their entry there. Pretty hard to assume that someone from the attackers just happened to choose that spot randomly to start the attack.

Even if they had some inside help. That level of operations cannot be carried out by just TTP. They had a proper Spec Ops training and and support of an Intelligence Agency.

Javed Miandad ??

No he looks like him. There is his name on his left. . .

For those who are imploring about the possibility of an inside job; They first need to understand the difference between an "inside job" and that "someone from the inside assisting or providing info that may be useful to the terrorists". Just because some airmen assisted when the terrorists attacked Musharraf in a suicide attack or just because Dr Usman (a former nursing in the Army) helped planned the GHQ attack would NOT automatically mean that these acts were an inside job, for sake of crying out loud!!

Yah thats true but all are either dead or escaped, no one caught alive like Ajmal Qasab

SSG and navy commandos performance have been pathetic in all terrorists attack. They failed every time with high casualty rate.
During GHQ attack= 6 commandoes were killed in operation and it took 26 hrs to end the operation
In Lal Masjid= 12 SSg persons were killed
PNS Mehran= Just 2 terrorists killed, 2 blew them selves up, 2 got away (16 hrs to clear up)

What the hell is going on, SSG, navy and AF commandos reputation is at stack with every new operation they conduct

GHQ don't know
in lal masjid there were civilian so they took time
and in mehran they wanted to capture them alive
but the end result unfortunately Pakistan needs to rethink its quality and professionalism of their arm forces urgently. :eek:

I cannot find any source for this. Can you provide it please. Nowhere has the Navy Chief said about number of people. He spoke like they were from a different planet and his staff was incapable of handling them. He really cut a sorry figure. I am not sure how he became the Navy Chief !!!

Not exactly the Naval Chief. But Security Forces. I am trying to find the link in Tribune. . I'll post it when I get it.

For those who are imploring about the possibility of an inside job; They first need to understand the difference between an "inside job" and that "someone from the inside assisting or providing info that may be useful to the terrorists". Just because some airmen assisted when the terrorists attacked Musharraf in a suicide attack or just because Dr Usman (a former nursing in the Army) helped planned the GHQ attack would NOT automatically mean that these acts were an inside job, for sake of crying out loud!!

1. inside job
2. someone from the inside assisting or providing info that may be useful to the terrorists
=> Question : #2 knowing the intention of the terrorists ?

Also focus on your usage of "Just"
Seriously, what are you thinking? Attacking a military base is as bad as helping someone else do it and is nothing short of an act of war/ treachery!

SSG and navy commandos performance have been pathetic in all terrorists attack. They failed every time with high casualty rate.
During GHQ attack= 6 commandoes were killed in operation and it took 26 hrs to end the operation
PNS Mehran= Just 2 terrorists killed, 2 blew them selves up, 2 got away (16 hrs to clear up)

What the hell is going on, SSG, navy and AF commandos reputation is at stack with every new operation they conduct

dont know about other but in GHQ they were called very late. Blame goes to those who were already there. and those who were guarding the area

It matters not, whether called late or early. Once SSG was called, then it becomes their assignment and this is what SSG persons are trained and paid for.

Its not about time, its about lives that are at stake and the objectives of operation.....you can't compare different op on basis of time, each op is different from other.

even if it was an inside job it doesnt narrow it down. All nationalities had access to the base.

They should allow only Pakistani personnel inside the areas where there's hardware.

you say this because you have in mind that they were just marksman. Whereas they were professionally trained for Spec Ops and had ground advantage. . .

i would request you not to over load you common sense and in that...

1. inside job

Inside job is something contrived by the establishment (the govt, military, int agencies etc) with tacit approval from the highest authority.
2. someone from the inside assisting or providing info that may be useful to the terrorists
This is mere treachery or gaddari. This doesnt not have any support from the establishment, it's just some bastard going bad and he decides 'at his own' that he should help the terrorists because 'he' believes that what the govt/military/leaders are doing is wrong or for that matter either if he has some issues with the policies of the state or that he has been bribed/pressurized/black mailed.

So, both of these are quite distinct in nature and there's no need to mix them up.
=> Question : #2 knowing the intention of the terrorists ?
Ofcourse the guy may know the intentions of the terrorist and it's that's why he would be categorized as a gaddar. Even if he didnt know, he is a culprit and thus handled accordingly.

Also focus on your usage of "Just"
The 'just' was used to emphasize upon the fact that those acts were not state sponsored. Was it that difficult?
Seriously, what are you thinking? Attacking a military base is as bad as helping someone else do it and is nothing short of an act of war/ treachery!

And who is disagreeing to that...han..?

Funny that you have to show the distinction. In the court of law the punishment will be life imprisonment vs hang till death. Does it matter ?

Back
Top Bottom