What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without any detonators, the best they can do is introduce the fissile material to cause local contamination. In which case the terrorist themselves will be dead within 3 minutes of coming into contact with fissile material. The concept of the dirty bomb has been rebuked by many nuclear diplomatists. It's impossible.

We are looking at ppl who are not scared to die.

Next, should God forbid, fissile material get stolen the implications world wide would be tremendous. It does not matter if or not it can be used. If the intention is to discredit - the purpose is served.

I was commenting at the perfunctory manner the poster had commented on the ' worst case ' scenario .

Pakistan is doing what they can...and have no foreign support..
On the other hand TTP have all the foreign support they want and that includes training and ammunition from Afghanistan based ISAF/NATO/USA forces and that for us is a fact.

While USA pressurises Pakistan to act against only one type of terrorists that is the ones from Pak-Afghan borders..and totally opposes any action against another terrorists the Baloch terrorists....
Pakistan cannot comply with such two faced demands from USA...
On one hand they say a terrorist is a terrorist,no matter what nationality,religion cast or creed..
On other hand they are openly supporing one terrorist group BLA,and most probably supporting TTP also but that cannot be proved..
But USA's support for terrorist BLA is open and in the news...

Still you think Pakistan should listen to USA?
Nope...don't listen...let them run amok.

A generalization based on the experience i have so far gained in my 3-4 years of interaction with Indians on the cyber space. Indian members have indirectly shown their pleasure on this very forum and on Indian forums you will see dedicated threads celebrating martyrdom of Pak soldiers, be it Salala incident, US/NATO attacks, recent glacier incident etc etc etc.

No need to worry about us, kindly worry about yourself, we can take care of ourselves on our own.

There are many Indian members who would voice the same feelings about the 'love' they received from Pakistani members and hence the 'affection' shown by them. Being moderator u should know that there is no certainty for who started it.

Regarding other forums, this is the first forum i joined in my online life and have never been to other forums so can't comment on that. The reason some of us stay here is because of the moderator behaviour, why should i care about other forums when i feel this is the one i like? i have seen the standards set here and don't want them to go down with comments such as yours i am replying to and that too from a moderator.

Regarding the worrying we worry about ours too when incidents happen, and i am worrying about this attack as a neighbor not out of some imaginary love. I am worried by the brazenness of this attack by a few rag tag bunch and pray that the PA is successful in eliminating these scum, as in future they could very well threaten the whole region. Hope i put forward my point aptly.

430368_513298468697067_1373640529_n.jpg

If you look close you'll see that they also tried to shoot his manhood off......but there wasn't any.

you are all wrong

he was hit with a flowerpot and that was that.
joke aside

thats hefty amount of C4 on his chest. that would have caused a a building to collapse.

PAF media wing: Prompt official updates avert media chaos
By Our Correspondent
Published: August 17, 2012
RSSToday's Paper Subscribe BETA 2.0 High: 36°C Low: 19°C

HOME
PAKISTAN
BUSINESS
WORLD
SPORTS
LIFE & STYLE
MULTIMEDIA
OPINION
MAGAZINE
BLOGS
SINDHPUNJABBALOCHISTANKP & FATAJAMMU & KASHMIRGILGIT BALTISTANALERTS
Economic Coordination Committee: Import duty on LPG equipment reduced 10

PAF media wing: Prompt official updates avert media chaos
By Our Correspondent
Published: August 17, 2012

Air Force’s media dept released statements from 4am till 8pm. PHOTO: AFP
ISLAMABAD:
The Air Force media wing’s prompt response after militants attacked Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base Minhas in Kamra helped avert the usual chaos media outlets go through during such incidents.
The office of media affairs of the PAF confirmed immediately that the base had come under attack.
“A group of terrorists have attacked a portion of PAF base Minhas. PAF security personnel have cordoned off the area and have encircled the terrorists. Intense fire is being exchanged between security personnel and the terrorists. Further details will be communicated soon,” the first press release stated.
The statement was received at media outlets at 4:15am, and was followed by a number of updates on the operation till 8pm.
In similar situations, the media, especially electronic, starts running rumours as news since no authentic information is available.
Some channels initially claimed that the 111-brigade had been moved to deal with the situation, while some international media outlets even reported that there was a possibility of the presence of nuclear weapons in the vicinity.
However, immediately after the media wing started releasing updates on the operation, the disorder subsided, if not completely averted.
PAF spokesperson Group Captain Tariq Mehmood told The Express Tribune that Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, himself, supervised the operation from the Air Headquarters.
“The air chief was in the operation room at the headquarters and was directly guiding each and every thing. We had an operation room at the base and they (air chief and his deputy) were directly coordinating with them,” he said.
He added he himself was in touch with his superiors who kept him updated on the incident, to keep the general public in the loop.
When asked, the spokesperson dismissed reports of the presence of nuclear weapons at the airbase as ‘absurd’.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 17th, 2012.

There are many Indian members who would voice the same feelings about the 'love' they received from Pakistani members and hence the 'affection' shown by them. Being moderator u should know that there is no certainty for who started it.

Regarding other forums, this is the first forum i joined in my online life and have never been to other forums so can't comment on that. The reason some of us stay here is because of the moderator behaviour, why should i care about other forums when i feel this is the one i like? i have seen the standards set here and don't want them to go down with comments such as yours i am replying to and that too from a moderator.

Regarding the worrying we worry about ours too when incidents happen, and i am worrying about this attack as a neighbor not out of some imaginary love. I am worried by the brazenness of this attack by a few rag tag bunch and pray that the PA is successful in eliminating these scum, as in future they could very well threaten the whole region. Hope i put forward my point aptly.

your comments are appreciated and you are the kind of the crowd we in this forum like to have. thats pretty much is explained in my signature.
what TK is saying is not without reason and I have the same personal experience. for every good member like you there are countless number of suicide trolls who have blatantly celebrated on this forum and rest of the web after the terrorist atrocities or US attack on Salala. so he has every right to convey that fact and we should take it away from him just because he is a moderator

he is not being disrespectful, he is just stating the experience as is. you know truth hurts but the honesty and respect demands that we are open and share the unpleasant realities as well but all within reason and mutual respect with the intent to share ideas.

Looking at this from the back foot now..............

Mehran airbase attack on 22/05/2011 - two out of the Pakistan Navy's four, P-3C Orion aircraft are destroyed. The Orions were upgraded P-3C MPA and P-3B AEW models equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW system and formed the core of Pakistan's early warning system. Mainly used for Maritime and anti submarine surveillance. This is despite the fact that dozens of aircraft are in the base, yet these two get targeted. Used for something totally unrelated to TTP. Yet they have done enough of their research to know how and when to penetrate an Airbase, allegedly.

Kamra Airbase attack and the Saab-2000 gets damaged used for general air defence and some ground target assistance. According to Dawn News. This base also manufactures JF17's and houses F-16s. Yet the furthest away plane to the entrance gets targeted.

IS IT JUST ME OR IS SOME BROADER AGENDA AT WORK HERE FROM SOMEWHERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

your comments are appreciated and you are the kind of the crowd we in this forum like to have. thats pretty much is explained in my signature.
what TK is saying is not without reason and I have the same personal experience. for every good member like you there are countless number of suicide trolls who have blatantly celebrated on this forum and rest of the web after the terrorist atrocities or US attack on Salala. so he has every right to convey that fact and we should take it away from him just because he is a moderator

he is not being disrespectful, he is just stating the experience as is. you know truth hurts but the honesty and respect demands that we are open and share the unpleasant realities as well but all within reason and mutual respect with the intent to share ideas.

Sir i am sorry if i seemed angry but since i joined PDF i have loved this forum, mostly the knowledge distributed around and that is what i crave. I am a novice with no military knowledge and i am a military fanboy (not just Indian but all such matters). So i listen and try to pickup as much as i can. However the hate being seen here from both sides is too much. Threads on military matters are less and more on trolling.

I am sorry for all the hurt my countrymen have caused and i feel saddened for any life lost, particularly military guys as they die for their country. It is the greatest thing and should be respected. Thank for your nice words.

Looking at this from the back foot now..............

Mehran airbase attack on 22/05/2011 - two out of the Pakistan Navy's four, P-3C Orion aircraft are destroyed. The Orions were upgraded P-3C MPA and P-3B AEW models equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW system and formed the core of Pakistan's early warning system. Mainly used for Maritime and anti submarine surveillance. This is despite the fact that dozens of aircraft are in the base, yet these two get targeted. Used for something totally unrelated to TTP. Yet they have done enough of their research to know how and when to penetrate an Airbase, allegedly.

Kamra Airbase attack and the Saab-2000 gets damaged used for general air defence and some ground target assistance. According to Dawn News. This base also manufactures JF17's and houses F-16s. Yet the furthest away plane to the entrance gets targeted.

IS IT JUST ME OR IS SOME BROADER AGENDA AT WORK HERE FROM SOMEWHERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

your guess is good as mine

we can only suspect and draw out theories based on assumptions on who is the beneficiary. if there is undeniable and concrete evidence of a hidden entity or hostile state then only we should present it as a proof.

assumptions and accusations shouldnt be presented as proof, just like the Western media does, they quote the half arsed blogs and private emails as proof against Pakistan and then we are told that since so many people are saying this so it has to be right,

I see the Indians on the defensive side now just because this same formula is being adopted by many fellow Pakistani members. recall all those blogs, interviews and articles by the main stream Western media and the popular websites and countless armchair experts quoting each other as source and using their speculations as a proof against Pakistani state for all the things related to WoT etc.

So any confirmation about aircraft damage?

There is one confirmed Saab-2000 which has splinters sprayed over the body but the level of damage is minimal.
Mani says, two other Saab-2000 faced damage with one total loss; is hard to believe. If I am not wrong, PAF Base Minhas doesn't have 3 Saab-2000s.

(Let's hope for minimal damage). The only smoke that was seen rising from outside was the burning of fuel depot. And any damage to aircrafts would have been openly accepted by PAF (they say one aircraft got slight damage). The P-3Cs destroyed made the headlines as soon as RPGs hit them.

we can only suspect and draw out theories based on assumptions on who is the beneficiary. if there is undeniable and concrete evidence of a hidden entity or hostile state then only we should present it as a proof.

assumptions and accusations shouldnt be presented as proof, just like the Western media does, they quote the half arsed blogs and private emails as proof against Pakistan and then we are told that since so many people are saying this so it has to be wrong,

I see the Indians on the defensive side now just because this same formula is being adopted by many fellow Pakistani members. recall all those blogs, interviews and articles by the main stream Western media and the popular websites and countless armchair experts quoting each other as source and using their speculations as a proof against Pakistani state for all the things related to WoT etc.
Well Sir, I personally feel these attacks were most beneficial for India. Especially the Mehran was.

The accusations should be properly backed by proofs but the thing is western media is too busy in using this attack on security of your nukes. It will be up to your media if they plan to pursue it rigorously to paint India's hand behind these attacks.

Its all about the way things are presented now on. Indian media is going on full flow on your nukes, that is for sure. May be its time for Pakistani think tanks to bring some strategy to bring India on hot seat and on cross hair of western media, which I think won't be easy.

Kamran attack didn't turn out so good for India. But if India is behind this, then there will be possibilities of such attacks in future too.

I think it is Cold War between us that is getting intensified especially after Indian footprints in Afghanistan and its presence in the region. India got too many factions to use against Pakistan especially after you joined WoT and targeted those militant groups.

We are looking at ppl who are not scared to die.

Next, should God forbid, fissile material get stolen the implications world wide would be tremendous. It does not matter if or not it can be used. If the intention is to discredit - the purpose is served.

I was commenting at the perfunctory manner the poster had commented on the ' worst case ' scenario .
Nuclear assets are not kept in open bases or army head quarters. This 'worst case scenario' is as logical as cockroaches having world domination plans.

So any confirmation about aircraft damage?

the best we are going to get is what the ISPR / PAF press release is going to say.
anything further will only come as a speculation, rumor or hearsay and we wont have any way to confirm it.

assumptions and accusations shouldnt be presented as proof, just like the Western media does, they quote the half arsed blogs and private emails as proof against Pakistan and then we are told that since so many people are saying this so it has to be right,

There is one key difference there though.. In most such cases where Paksitan gets blamed, the participation / hand of a Pakistani citizen is mostly proven and the debate is around whether Pakistani govt / army is complicit in the crime.

In this case, there is no iota on Indian involvement and the Pakistanis are just going to town on the beneficiary clause as if this is a murder mystery and the beneficiary of the multi million dollar Insurance policy of the deceased is the usual suspect..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom