What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So heres the story.

There was a broken wall on the village side of AFB Minhas. The DSG there, Shaheed Asif, was standing on the post.Total of 9 terrorists were present, and 7 tried to infiltrate, while 2 others were behind the wall on the hilltop, providing cover fire. Shaheed Asif spotted them, and fired at the intruding terrorists. 3 terrorists were killed instantly by Sepoy Asif. He also alerted the HQ. The other 2 terrorists who were behind, seeing this, also came inside. And fired on Sepoy Asif killing him. Salute to sepoy Asif for he averted a big big danger. There was a artillery regiment on base duty, and the 2IC by luck was present there at Sehri. He quickly assembled his men at proceeded. Another sentry present did not fire upon them, and hid. The terrorists proceeded to the Saab aircraft, destroyed one, damaged the other. They were meanwhile caught by the SSW and the QRF of the regiment before mentioned and killed. Zarrar company came in afterwards.

The original plan as being said was that they split into two teams, one goes to the AWACS, other to the JF-17 line/Mirage factory. Sepoy Asif Shaheed killed 3 and totally ruined there plan, and hence rather than splitting into two teams, they all proceeded as one.

So, the op was a success for the terrorists, and damage has been suffered. That is the preliminary and initial report.

Salute to Sepoy Asif. The reaction this time was fast, and better than before.

All this is not ISPR or anything, just what is going on within ad the initial report.

Pakistan Army faces militancy problem

Islamabad: The Pakistan Army appears to have a militancy problem that is "hidden from the public because investigations and court martials are often carried out in secret", a leading Pakistani paper said Friday, a day after the audacious attack on the key Kamra airbase.

Heavily armed gunmen had stormed the Kamra airbase in Punjab province Thursday morning. An intense gunfight broke out between the militants and security personnel in Attock, a district that is considered to be one of the areas where Pakistan stores its nuclear arsenal. Nine militants and one soldier were killed.

An editorial in the Dawn Friday said the attack had raised disturbing questions.

"That only one security personnel was killed as opposed to nine dead militants is only a small consolation: the first and foremost question is, how were militants able to yet again infiltrate a high-security armed services' base and engage security forces inside for many hours?" it asked.

The editorial warned that the possibility of insider help to the militants in the assault on Kamra was also very high.

"From sympathisers of radical Islamist thought to direct supporters of militant groups, the army appears to have a militancy problem, the severity of which is hidden from the public because investigations and court martials are often carried out in secret," it said.

It added that with some kind of military operation in North Waziristan against at least the Pakistan-centric militants is in the offing, the possibility of pre-emptive strikes by the militants is high.

"Had the warning of a blowback only been made at the policy level without it filtering down to the security forces likely to be in the cross-hairs of the militants?"

"...the security apparatus should be able to repulse attacks on at least critical sites with more efficiency, particularly with both the circumstantial and direct forewarning appearing to have been available," it added.

On the army's screening procedures, the daily asked: "How robust and effective is the surveillance and vetting of the armed forces' personnel to prevent an incident before it happens? Clearly, as recent history suggests, not robust or effective enough - but what will it take for a more serious and sustained effort?"

The editorial ended its slew of questions, by asking: "When will the state, both the army and the political government, drive home the message to the Pakistani public that the war is real, it is against a radicalised fringe of Pakistan and that unless the war is fought with total commitment and purpose, the state and society itself will spiral towards irreversible disaster?"

It stressed that the ones shouting 'this isn't our war' - "many on the political right - need to be countered, firmly and unequivocally. Delay that battle any longer and the already manifold complications will grow yet more complicated".

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/pakistan-army-faces-militancy-problem_794135.html

Well Sir, I personally feel these attacks were most beneficial for India. Especially the Mehran was.

The accusations should be properly backed by proofs but the thing is western media is too busy in using this attack on security of your nukes. It will be up to your media if they plan to pursue it rigorously to paint India's hand behind these attacks.

Its all about the way things are presented now on. Indian media is going on full flow on your nukes, that is for sure. May be its time for Pakistani think tanks to bring some strategy to bring India on hot seat and on cross hair of western media, which I think won't be easy.

Kamran attack didn't turn out so good for India. But if India is behind this, then there will be possibilities of such attacks in future too.

I think it is Cold War between us that is getting intensified especially after Indian footprints in Afghanistan and its presence in the region. India got too many factions to use against Pakistan especially after you joined WoT and targeted those militant groups.

While our involvement can't be ruled out i was proposing another possiblity to Blain sir, which could also be a possiblity. I mean what if the TTP has enlisted or acquired the help of retired mercenaries for effective strategy against the PA. I mean those who have worked in professional armies can give better tactics and methods to TTP, the determination is there for sure.However for the moment the AWACS are not at all significant for TTP and these targets make no sense except for India.

From where the next logic follows that by pitting one against other and in the ensuing chaos may be TTP wants to achieve supremacy over weakened Pakistan? The talks of American withdrawal could be another reason for their desperate actions. If the USA withdraws then PA will be solely concentrating on TTP and this is a danger for them.What better than renewed hostilities between India and Pakistan??

So heres the story.

There was a broken wall on the village side of AFB Minhas. The DSG there, Shaheed Asif, was standing on the post.Total of 9 terrorists were present, and 7 tried to infiltrate, while 2 others were behind the wall on the hilltop, providing cover fire. Shaheed Asif spotted them, and fired at them. 3 terrorists were killed instantly by Sepoy Asif. He also alerted the HQ. The other 2 terrorists who wer e behind, seeing this, also came inside. And fired on Sepoy Asif killing him. Salute to sepoy Asif for he averted a big big danger. There was a artillery regiment on base duty, and the 2IC by luck was present there at Sehri. He quickly assembled his men at proceeded. Another sentry present did not fire upon them, and hid. The terrorists proceeded to the Saab aircraft, destroyed one, damaged the other. They were meanwhile caught by the SSW and the QRF of the regiment before mentioned and killed. Zarrar company came in afterwards.

The original plan as being said was that they split into two teams, one goes to the AWACS, other to the JF-17 line/Mirage factory. Sepoy Asif Shaheed killed 3 and totally ruined there plan, and hence rather than splitting into two teams, they all proceeded as one.

So, the op was a success for the terrorists, and damage has been suffered. That is the preliminary and initial report.

Salute to Sepoy Asif. The reaction this time was fast, and better than before.

All this is not ISPR or anything, just what is going on within ad the initial report.

cumbersome words damn !

Another sentry present did not fire upon them, and hid.

A defect, sympathizer or coward, should be investigated. Such element should be eliminated from the forces, instantly.

422359_513487875344793_630589308_n.jpg

539109_513488045344776_1636341414_n.jpg

While our involvement can't be ruled out i was proposing another possiblity to Blain sir, which could also be a possiblity. I mean what if the TTP has enlisted or acquired the help of retired mercenaries for effective strategy against the PA. I mean those who have worked in professional armies can give better tactics and methods to TTP, the determination is there for sure.However for the moment the AWACS are not at all significant for TTP and these targets make no sense except for India.

From where the next logic follows that by pitting one against other and in the ensuing chaos may be TTP wants to achieve supremacy over weakened Pakistan? The talks of American withdrawal could be another reason for their desperate actions. If the USA withdraws then PA will be solely concentrating on TTP and this is a danger for them.What better than renewed hostilities between India and Pakistan??
Well I did put this possibility in one of my previous post. Especially after Indo-Pakistan relationship is getting better, whether it is opening of trade. MFN status to India etc.....these attacks may certainly ruin the peace effort, whch Pakistan do want at its Eastern borders for few years so that it can take out danger present at Western front which is getting stronger and stronger everyday.

Also this peace is against many nations, who have billions of dollars at stakes based on our animosity. As I said earlier, if there is third, state party is involved, it is a brilliant strategy. At this time, creating doubts on each other's intention, given the past history of these two nations, is very easy. Its up to both the nations to get clear out the doubts Pakistan may have on India behind these attacks.

This is another angle, Pakistan should look into, coz its damn easy to reach to this conclusion that India is behind it as we are the one who will have maximum benefit, where as the truth can be totally different.

Well Sir, I personally feel these attacks were most beneficial for India. Especially the Mehran was.

The accusations should be properly backed by proofs but the thing is western media is too busy in using this attack on security of your nukes. It will be up to your media if they plan to pursue it rigorously to paint India's hand behind these attacks.

Its all about the way things are presented now on. Indian media is going on full flow on your nukes, that is for sure. May be its time for Pakistani think tanks to bring some strategy to bring India on hot seat and on cross hair of western media, which I think won't be easy.

Kamran attack didn't turn out so good for India. But if India is behind this, then there will be possibilities of such attacks in future too.

I think it is Cold War between us that is getting intensified especially after Indian footprints in Afghanistan and its presence in the region. India got too many factions to use against Pakistan especially after you joined WoT and targeted those militant groups.

The Indian complicity is known and proofs of this have been shown to India's American and other friends. However, if a certain threshold is crossed, which I don't know, may have been crossed, India has a huge soft underbelly which can be exploited, no matter how much the Indians feel that they are ready.

Moral and diplomatic support can then be provided with such a vigor, the likes of which may not have been witnessed before. Though Joe Shearer says it is "Slippery, Very" - indeed India is treading on a slippery and indeed very slippery ground here.

A defect, sympathizer or coward, should be investigated. Such element should be eliminated from the forces, instantly.

Jazba-e-Hubbul watni maybe didn't click in.

ID of that sentry not yet known.

Sometimes one has to take necessary risks, but they just be calculated ones....

The reason TTP wants to hit Pakistan's most expensive assets is to hurt morale and get sensational publicity.

Why this most obvious explanation is being discarded? Did not Pakistan arrest insiders for the Mehran attack? What information has Pakistan extracted from them to implicate India here?

The reason TTP wants to hit Pakistan's most expensive assets is to hurt morale and get sensational publicity.

Why this most obvious explanation is being discarded? Did not Pakistan arrest insiders for the Mehran attack? What information has Pakistan extracted from them to implicate India here?

Currently i don't think that any report has been provided officially. I highly doubt that India will be named in there as complicit. Most of the speculations here are just speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom